Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is people management a needed skill for all managers?

Advertisement Placeholder
It is somewhat shocking that Managing Directors feel it is only right for Human Resources Persons (HR) to possess people management skills as if they (MD) are not supposed to be well equipped with this particular skill.

What's your take as an individual on this?
As a manager, you should be able to manage people. Without that, how can their Human resources be harnessed into productivity?
People management is indeed a skill every manager should have.

For you to be a good manager, you need to act as an overseer of all resources in your company and also able to maximize them to make more profits. You should be literally knowledge in all aspects of the business, you can't possibly be a novice to any sector

I think managing people is required in all aspects of life and I do not think that it is only limited to managers. Even supervisors and co-workers also manage other co-workers when they are made in-charge of others.

Every staff in organization, from the CEO down to the junior workers need to have good management skills. They must all learn how to relate well and maintain good inter-personal relationship with one another in the organization.

People are the hardest resources to control when you are building a business. You need a people's management to be able to motivate people to take certain action on day-to-day business activities.

As for me that's what majority of company's nowadays doing and to me it's very wrong and if I may ask what the function of the MD in the company of he's not allowed to also cross check or ask the person few questions to know him better and know the kind of person he want for the company

I think they ask such questions to know a person in a much better way. Even I was asked many such irrelevant questions during job interview. They just do it to test people and the nature of a person.

I think One of the most important people management skills you can develop is the ability to lead effectively. Effective leaders motivate their team to do great things.

Yes, i feel people management is a needed skill for all managers. Without people they won't be a business so it's not possible to manage a business when you can't manage the people.

management is the best skills for Managers, if you are a manager and you don't know how to control and and manage the affiars of the company you are definitely a failed manager.

It is somewhat shocking that Managing Directors feel it is only right for Human Resources Persons (HR) to possess people management skills as if they (MD) are not supposed to be well equipped with this particular skill.

I think everyone especially unit heads need people management skills and it utmost importance that the managing director to have it because every thing stop at his or her table.

MD is require to relate with to relate and motivate staffs to enable them to be productive.

One of the things that you can never escape as a business manager is managing other people. How good you are able to get the best out of them is going to reflect on how your business is going to move forward.

Robert Katz identifies three types of skills that are essential to a successful management process: technical skills, visual skills and. Human or mutual management skills.
The importance of managerial skills in the running of administrative operations cannot be overemphasize,it helps it work process and seamless flow of the schedule and operational activities in the organization.it makes the jobs on ground to be be easier.

It is very essential for a manager of a company to have people management skill. This will help him to motivate people in taking the right action towards the company overall goal and increasing the output. People management skill is very essential to harness the power of human resources in any organisation.

As a manager, if you must be seen as a competent one, you must have or acquire human relation skill. This is because, for you to achieve the organisational predetermined goal, you must have to achieve it with and through others.

Yes, people management is needed for all managers because, the most difficult thing to manage in business is human resources. human resources is very difficult because you can not underestimate the characters or humans people have different character behaviour and approach towards work.
The workforce that a manager is supposed to manage is actually a very big work and if he doesn't know how to use them effectively it is always going to affect their productivity.

Yes, people management is needed for all managers because, the most difficult thing to manage in business is human resources. human resources is very difficult because you can not underestimate the characters or humans people have different character behaviour and approach towards work.
As a business manager or a company manager if you don't know how to manage the people that are working for you I don't know how you are going to be able to manage the other resources that you're supposed to work with.

Management of skills or time management is a very difficult things to some persons like most managers. It's sometimes difficult. But as a Good manager this is one of a the most important skills you should have or acquire because it's will be needed to manage person and others

Management of skills or time management is a very difficult things to some persons like most managers. It's sometimes difficult. But as a Good manager this is one of a the most important skills you should have or acquire because it's will be needed to manage person and others
Sometimes it is not true because you can that workers have more skills than a manager but the manager is working before them so he benefits from the upgrade then it is proportional all the time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds