Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it still a good idea to be put into the phone book?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Here in the US we have the white pages and a lot of it gives you access to local business and their phone numbers, address etc. Do you have your business in a phone book? Even though physical phone books are becoming less and less important, especially with the Internet being so wide open.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't think this is useful anymore. Because a lot of people search for the businesses online and by listing your business on Google business, which is a free program, you will easily provide contact address for your customers.

I don't think this is useful anymore. Because a lot of people search for the businesses online and by listing your business on Google business, which is a free program, you will easily provide contact address for your customers.

Well, I reckon that many businesses have adopted the new method. I think that now phone books could be found online in the form of online telephone directories.

I know that there are online phone directories but I think listing your business on Google is the best way to attract your customers. When customers search for the service you are offering, your listing will appear and if you have shared your phone number your customers can easily get to you.

Just inform of telephone phone books directories , it will be far more easier to search for your business online , all you need to do is register your business on Google .

Well, i don't see any harm in putting one's business in a phone book. Even if it isn't so common anymore, one has nothing to lose. I would definitely put my business in a phone book when i finally own a business.

Here in the US we have the white pages and a lot of it gives you access to local business and their phone numbers, address etc. Do you have your business in a phone book? Even though physical phone books are becoming less and less important, especially with the Internet being so wide open.

To the best of my knowledge, most businesses feel more comfortable having their businesses hosted online through their website. This is because it is more easier for them to get more customers from there and also provide their contact details on their website.

Well this seems to be a new idea to so.e of us though I believe it's no longer useful as it was before due to advancement in the internet and technology which gives individuals free access to search for anything on Google.

I don't there is still need for a phone book in this age and time. We are in a digital age, Your can easily save your contacts to your Gmail account, very easy to use and access. There are several other means of saving contacts also.

In this days of LinkedIn? This is one of tye things that has been eroded by technology. I don't even have a hard copy phonebook myself when everything is on the cloud.

I don't see the need to do this because I always backup my contacts from my Gmail. So even if I lost my phone and my SIM I can still retrieve all my contacts easily.

This is one of the good advantages of using a Gmail to save your business contacts because whenever you are unfortunate to lose your smartphone, you can easily recover all your contact once you login your Gmail account on another device.

i still believe that it is a good business move as there are some people that might not have internet at that particular time and having that resource might give you a new customer.

This is one of the good advantages of using a Gmail to save your business contacts because whenever you are unfortunate to lose your smartphone, you can easily recover all your contact once you login your Gmail account on another device.
It is true and you will not even stress yourself when you lost your phone because you can easily get back all your contacts on your Gmail and it is the best thing for a business person

It is true and you will not even stress yourself when you lost your phone because you can easily get back all your contacts on your Gmail and it is the best thing for a business person

Some years ago, I actually made the mistake of not using my Gmail to save my contacts on my smartphone and I ended up losing the phone when I was robbed. I had to lose all of my business contact which took me a very long time before I was able to recover all of them.

Some years ago, I actually made the mistake of not using my Gmail to save my contacts on my smartphone and I ended up losing the phone when I was robbed. I had to lose all of my business contact which took me a very long time before I was able to recover all of them.
I make the mistake a few months ago but I was able to regain most of my contacts even though I do not have a lot of them. Iwas still able to get the important ones

As you've already said about the internet and how everything is already becoming revitalise everyday so i don't really think phonebook is still that important in this century

Phone book is not important these days since technology has evolved into bringing advanced device with advance features of getting customers contact even though you lost your phone. Gmail is the provision that saves everybody from recovering contact but already saved forever.

Phone book is not important these days since technology has evolved into bringing advanced device with advance features of getting customers contact even though you lost your phone. Gmail is the provision that saves everybody from recovering contact but already saved forever.

There are many people who are now using their phones in order to save contacts and i think that this is one of the main reasons why phone books are no longer needed, perhaps?

A lot will say that phone book is of no use again due to internet. But I do not agree with the assertion. As a good business man, you can't be going to internet anytime you need an individual or company contact.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds