Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is local SEO

Ononivami

Credits
Local SEO is very crucial for local businesses. It is the process of optimizing a business's online presence to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) for geographically-related searches. It is inescapable strategy for land businesses or that serve a specific geographic area, such as restaurants, retail stores, and service providers.

Some common local SEO strategy include:

• Google My Business (GMB) listing: formation and verifying a GMB listing for a business, which includes information such as the business's name, address, phone number, hours of operation, and photos.
  • Citations: talking about the business's name, address, and phone number (NAP) on other websites and directories, such as Yelp, Yellow Pages, and industry-specific directories.
  • Reviews: Telling customers to leave reviews on GMB, and other review websites such as Yelp, TripAdvisor, etc.
  • On-page optimization: Optimizing a website's content and using good meta tags to include local keywords and phrases.
  • Schema markup: Using structured data to help search engines understand the context of a website's pages and display rich snippets in the SERPs.
  • Link building: building backlinks from other websites, especially those that are local to the business's location or industry.
  • Social media: enhancing a presence on social media platforms and sharing content that can generate natural backlinks.
  • Geo-targeting: Setting up and optimizing the website for different geographical regions, languages, currencies etc.

Local SEO helps your service or product get listed on " near me " kind of search attempts. When I search for a cafe, one near me helps. Not one in New York.

We need to optimise GMB and other links to work well based on location specific search.

Local SEO helps your service or product get listed on " near me " kind of search attempts. When I search for a cafe, one near me helps. Not one in New York.

We need to optimise GMB and other links to work well based on location specific search.
The merits of local SEO cannot be overemphasized for local businesses because it is going to increase the presence of the business within the locality and it will improve the productivity.

The days of global SEO is almost over. Google knows it too. The market is so very saturated.

Local SEO on the other hand is full of opportunities.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor