Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it really necessary to use a paid scripts?

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
If you want to build a forum, you can do it through three methods, one, use free scripts, two, use paid scripts, and three use free forum hosting. While the third option is not for those who want to build a serious community, the most popular methods are using free scripts and paid scripts. Do you think you should actually use paid scripts to show your professionalism?

I wouldn't say paying for scripts is something that has to be done, it all depends on what your financial situation is and whether or not you need paid scripts for your forum. It really is an owner-based decision on what they want their forum to offer and whether paid scripts is something they have to look into or can afford. With the forum I co-own we have paid scripts but that is because they are needed for what we offer on our forum. If I was to ever bring back my general discussion forum, I don't think I would need paid scripts too early on.

I've had this discussion on a different forum. A good forum software doesn't need paid plug ins, it would cover all aspects and give a decent chance to become a successful forum. But, and that's a big but. Paid plug ins make the software way better with more enhancements, performance upgrades, better look, more functionality, better community involvement.

It really depends. There are sites I've used paid, sites I've used free, sites I've rolled up my sleeves and knocked out a few hundred thousand lines of code for...

I will say the roleplay sector is woefully underserved. And none of the platforms have a particularly good set of offerings for that.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor