Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

is it possible to spot an incompetent Manager early?

Nice tips, is there anyway we can know base on how they are managing the business ?,sometimes some of them can be so intelligent of passing the management test but they might do well when they are in the business.
exactly I think during the selection process the managers remain very intelligent and clear exam. But later due to work pressure there intelligence goes down, and their managerial quality also start to decay.

Advertisement Placeholder
One thing about life is that a fake cannot hide itself for long. An incompetent person cannot hide their incompetence for too long. It will be obvious for everyone to notice in the long run

An incompetent manager is like a curse to the business because he cannot take decisions that will make the business grow and that's the biggest setback.

What i know about incompetent people in business organisation is that they will not be able to manage the business and bring out the best from that business, you will see a serious decline in business when they are the manager.

One thing about life is that a fake cannot hide itself for long. An incompetent person cannot hide their incompetence for too long. It will be obvious for everyone to notice in the long run
That is where the problems is, getting or spotting an incompetent manager is very important to prevent a lot of things that might have been damaged if left for to long to be spotted.

What i know about incompetent people in business organisation is that they will not be able to manage the business and bring out the best from that business, you will see a serious decline in business when they are the manager.
Without the statistics to base your claim on the performance of the manager it would be quite impossible to spot him. Evaluating one's performance in the job is a tricky and complicated matter because there are varied factors for that issue. A very efficient and good manager with ineffective staff can cause the output to decline.

exactly I think during the selection process the managers remain very intelligent and clear exam. But later due to work pressure there intelligence goes down, and their managerial quality also start to decay.
ok in this case when we are just employing new managers into our business organisation, we really need to be vigilant and observe how they are operating to see if there is improvement or there is a drawback, this will help to prevent business collapsed.

As business owner, you will eventually hire a manager to oversee the affairs of the company. Some of those you hire you may know very well, while others you add, maybe not so much to the workplace. These managers have an impact on how your company functions and succeeds. Some of those managers may seem to be incompetent at their role leading their teams and part of your business. But how do you know?

Is it possible to spot an incompetent manager early?
I don't think that would ever be possible to spot an incompetent manger very soon, because when he or she will first start work he or she will out in all their best but later on relax at the end.

Lolz,I think this is one of the best way we can understand the type of people we are employing into our business organisation,if they cannot do it then obviously they are not capable of handling the management position.
I really don't know what is making you to laugh but what I said is actually the truth or maybe because i made some errors in my typing but actually employing people on a probationary method is actually the best way to get the best staff for your organisation.

A incompetent manager would definately tell on the business because there would be lapses among workers and production will reduce which would mean firing the manager most times.

When our as the business owner puts your business in the hand of a person you say should be your manager, it only takes a few weeks or months at the most to see what your manager skills are worth

I really don't know what is making you to laugh but what I said is actually the truth or maybe because i made some errors in my typing but actually employing people on a probationary method is actually the best way to get the best staff for your organisation.
seriously I didn't know how to react because you brought a nice idea on how to test these people, it is an idea that I agree with you, I'm still learning a lot of things from you, at least this will help me when I have my own business to operate.

Anyone can do that. Actually, this is something that anyone can track from day one, and by the end of the first week, it's very much clear. An incompetent manager shows it in various ways that an experienced person would notice, owner or coworker.

I believe you can spot an incompetent manager within a week. Actually this also applies for other workers as well. You can analyze their skills, knowledge and find out whether his can do best or not.

The possibility of spotting an incompetence manager will start from the interview, the mode of dressing and the ability he or she possess all matters and need to be taken serious.
I understand what you are trying to say that you can spot an incompetent manager right from the interview but what about the manager that was just given the job and position on the Platter of gold?

Definitely yes! It is very easy to spot an incompetent manager early. An incompetent manager will always lack some basic qualities that a good manager must posses such as ability to interact well with the workers as well as ability to manage the finances of the business

Perhaps, when you choose the right candidate for the manager's position you do no have to deal with incompetent manager. Check his resume and follow up with his former employers

Depending on your goals for your business, it can be easy or difficult to spot someone that doesn't belong as a manager. Sometimes the incompetent manager, appears to be a good manager, if they know how to keep to the goals that are set out for the company.
Yes it is very easy to spot an incompetent manager early because he or she will not be able to give good managerial directions and organise workers within his you'll be able to know that he is not a competent manager.

seriously I didn't know how to react because you brought a nice idea on how to test these people, it is an idea that I agree with you, I'm still learning a lot of things from you, at least this will help me when I have my own business to operate.
I am glad that I can be of help and I can see that I have also learnt in lunch from you because there is no way that anyone knows it all. It is very important that once needs to test their employees before they can be fully employed so that they can be tested to know they are ability to do the work well.

Without the statistics to base your claim on the performance of the manager it would be quite impossible to spot him. Evaluating one's performance in the job is a tricky and complicated matter because there are varied factors for that issue. A very efficient and good manager with ineffective staff can cause the output to decline.
It is not tricky to evaluate ones performance in a job because you will need to understand how the company had been moving before the bad manager came into existence ,from there you will be able to understand the progress if is going down or up.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds