Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

is it possible to spot an incompetent Manager early?

It is better to make your interview process to be very rigorous so that you can be able to filter out anybody who is incompetent than to be very fast and employ an incompetent manager.

Advertisement Placeholder
Based on my experience, I dont think it's very easy to spot an incompetent manager very easy because humans attitude and behaviour can not be predicted they can change at anytime.

If you can make your interview process to be a little bit more rigorous and practical then you can be able to identify if somebody is competing for a job or not.

It will be very much possible. To be able to spot them early you will need to examine their mode of operation. This says alot about a manager. Then they will have to also examine the progress of the business after they have taken over

Sometimes it might be very difficult to spot incompetent managers when such managers have very dedicated and dutiful subordinates. This is because these subordinates cover up for his lack of initiatives in the job most times without you noticing it.

Nothing is impossible,yes I will say it is possible because once the manager is unable to carry his staff along,once their is decrement in value or finance then it means and when the business is depreciating it means the manager can't manage the affairs of the company

Yes it is very possible to identify an incompetent manager early. This can be seen in many ways to mention but a few such as: the decisions made by such manager, the way he or she is dedicated to the job etc.

Yes it is very possible to identify an incompetent manager early. This can be seen in many ways to mention but a few such as: the decisions made by such manager, the way he or she is dedicated to the job etc.
As a business owner you must be strategic enough in order to know an incompetent manager early. You can be having records of the assignment in which you will be giving him because that will determine whether he is incompetent or not.

Actually there is every possibility to spot an incompetent manager much earlier before start working firstly even at the time time of interview, best on his wording and providing solutions to major problems facing a business, some may not be able to do so.

You can as actually tell if the manager will be incompetent or not fit for the position during the interview session, and sometimes the way he attend to issues too. It's just for you to keep a close check after making him incharged.

It is very easy to discover a incompetent manager. As a proprietor of a business, you don't have to quick rely on a manager you employed you have to make a proper observe on the manager and you can do a indirect test for the manager for some weeks in which to know maybe he/she's a competent manager.

Well, even I think that it is certainly possible to do that. However, I guess that many businesses often give a lots of chances for such kind of manager to prove himself and they give him or her some more time.

Of course it is very very easy to support an incompetent manager at first interview stations because it is what a manager knows that is what I will put into the organisation and so therefore if a manager faced a gruelling interview session then you will surely know his incompetence.
That is one of the criteria,it all depends on the method of the drill,some persons might actually perform very well at the interview,but when it comes to the aspect of doing the job,then you will find them wanting.

It really depends on how good of a boss you are and how observant you are to the whole situation. Some people I have worked for in the past, had no clue with one of my co-workers was being awful at the job. When caught, he would often let it go.

But, if you're good at your job, and are checking in on your workers, you'll be able to find the incompetent ones very fast. Hiring a manager to handle your employees helps too.

Actually there is always high possibility of stopping an incompetent manager before it get too late. you can know of his good or bad works by assessing his performance and achievements.

Am incompetent manager will be spotted through his work in the company,he would always be late in managing his work, and he may not be able to make the company grow.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds