Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to retire and start business at 60 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going into business at that age after retirement is not advisable, I'm sure the person won't be capable to manage such business. You can invest your money do as to earn passive income instead of starting a new business

Advertisement Placeholder
It is very oimuch advisable to retire at age 60. At age 60 the body has started becoming weak and the strength of the immune system is gradually deteriorating. The body needs rest and recuperation. Too much roaming from work to home may leads to a system breakdown and in the lung run a mental breakdown.

It is entirely possible to start a business after the age of 50, and Carrie Hunan has 20 successes in her latest book, "Never Too Old to Get Rich: A Trader's Guide to Starting a Mid-Business Business" Identified senior business people ... "Most people who say it's more than they can imagine."

Yes, it's advisable to start a business at age of 60 after retirement and you must prepare your self before the date, because it's not a good idea to be stress your self when you tend to rest. You can invest on something that will be generating a money for you like a real estate investment you will just to be monitoring it without much stress.

At 60, it isn't advisable to start your business because that should be about the age you plan on retiring and enjoying your benefits. So it would be stressful trying to get your way around a particular business, but if peradventure you have a good business plan in mind and you plan of venturing into it after retirement, why not. As it's been said, the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is now.

Normally retirement should be the time of rest. But if at all you want to work after your retirement. It should be works or any business that's not that stressful. Because I belive we deserve rest after work.

For me.. i want to retire at the age of 40 so i can still enjoy life. And i plan to start a business earlier. Actually i want to start now if possible. I guess for 60 years all they need is enjoy life their money and let their children's to handle everything. If they want a business it should be a hobby

According to my own point of view, as a man you can retire at any age and start up your business but as for me i preferred retiring at the age of 52 and start up a business. But the aspect of retirement at the age of 60 it's still good and well advisable for anyone.

Yes, you have a point and I agree with you on that. But it has always been said that the best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago while the second best time is now. Meanwhile there is no time you can't start a business. You just have to know that
We know that it is good to retire at the age of 60 and start a business, but it is even more beneficial to start a business before then if we want to.If we start our own business before then we will know this business very well by the time we retire. That would be great for us

Yes it is advisable to retire at age 60, it is not a bad idea, as long as you have a savings to take care of yourself or pension money to retire to. All you have to do after retirement is find a business that will be lucrative and involve low stress to do.

Typically a startup company has 10,000,000 authorized shares of Common Stock, but as the company grows, it may increase the total number of shares as it issues shares to investors and employees. The number also changes often, which makes it hard to get an exact count.
[automerge]1613155565[/automerge]
Typically a startup company has 10,000,000 authorized shares of Common Stock, but as the company grows, it may increase the total number of shares as it issues shares to investors and employees. The number also changes often, which makes it hard to get an exact count.

Honestly, it is not a good thing to start another employment under someone after retirement especially at the far Age of sixty. You should have saved up some money and then use it for something meaningful after your service period.
I don't support a retiree going into business at this age to compete with the person that had been in the business for over ten years.

I understand your point of view, retiring at age of sixty then going into business, to me I don't see any thing wrong in it, it might not be for competition, it's just q means to sustaining at one self, moreover before you retire you just have an investment that will generate little or minimal income for you
[automerge]1613156107[/automerge]
I understand your point of view, retiring at age of sixty then going into business, to me I don't see any thing wrong in it, it might not be for competition, it's just q means to sustaining at one self, moreover before you retire you just have an investment that will generate little or minimal income for you

One-third of all small-business owners are ages 50 to 59, 17% are 60 to 69, and 4% are 70 or older, according to the 2018 Small Business Trends for Baby Boomers from Guidant Financial.

Don Russell, 66, retired twice – the first time in 1994.

“II retired from investment banking, which turned into an 18-month sabbatical before I got the itch to return to work doing merchant banking and private equity sales,” Russell says. “In 2014, I retired again.”

Some individuals dream of the day when they can do absolutely nothing. To them, retirement is a euphoric future of sleeping in, lounging in the sun, and thinking as little as possible for the next 30 years of their lives.
There is no specific time or age to which one could start a business. Even at your old age, you could still start up a business. Although, it's advisable to start up something before your retirement so that you can nurture it and make grown before you even retire.

Actually there is no age limit to starting a business or compete with other business enterprise in same niche. Intact at 60, experience gained over the years working as an employee can Make the difference. However, if health still permits, it's not bad trying

Yes it is a greate idea to have a business after retirement at the age og 60% is a wise idea business is the best option for retirees, as it will keep them busy.. . You can invest your money in any kind of business after retirement and earn from it on your own beni fits

Retiring at age of sixty then going into business, to me I don't see any thing wrong in it, it might not be for competition, it's just q means to sustaining at one self, moreover before you retire you just have an investment that will generate little or minimal income for you.

This is somehow strange to me. I don't think it is possible to retire at the age of 60 and then think if starting a business. This should have been done when the person is still at a tender age when he still have the strength

It's entirely possible to start a business after age 50, and Kerry Hannon profiles 20 successful older entrepreneurs in her latest book, "Never Too Old To Get Rich: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Starting a Business Mid-Life." ... "Most people who did it say it's more work than they imagined," Hannon said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds