Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable for a business owner to give free products or services to their family members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammyesx

Legendary member
Credits
I have a friend who got angry with his fiance for collecting money from his mother when she came to make her hair in the fiance saloon, his excuse was that she is not supposed to charge his mother because soon they will get married and his mother will become her mother in-law, so she is supposed to make her hair for free. So my question is it advisable to render free services to family members as a business owner?

Advertisement Placeholder
Business and morals are two different things. Most people always expect morals in business which it’s not supposed to be like that. You have a projected income and it’s always advisable to be strict with your finances. I don’t see anything bad in getting paid for services rendered to a relative

Any business is a business and a business should never recognise if the person that is patronizing you as a family member or not and you should always try as much as possible to get money from anyone that is coming to do business with you including a family member, it is the right and the responsibility of the manager of the company to willingly reject the payment of a family member but it's not by Force the reject ,you can just decided on your own.

I have a friend who got angry with his fiance for collecting money from his mother when she came to make her hair in the fiance saloon, his excuse was that she is not supposed to charge his mother because soon they will get married and his mother will become her mother in-law, so she is supposed to make her hair for free. So my question is it advisable to render free services to family members as a business owner?

ack of skills or experience - some family businesses will appoint family members into roles that they do not have the skills or training for. This can have a negative effect on the success of the business and lead to a stressful working environment.

There shouldn't be any familiarity in business. A business is a business and must be treated as a business, you don't have to treat a family member differently from others when it comes to business. Treat everyone equally or you run bankruptcy.

I don't comprehend why individuals assume that an entrepreneur some way or another gets stuff with the expectation of complimentary that they can offer away to freeloadersE. Entrepreneurs need to purchase the stuff they have available to be purchased and in the event that they don't receive cash as a trade-off for the offer of a thing, the expense emerges from her pocket.

As long as the business is not family owned, Products should be sold to every category of people. Business shouldn't include family in between as this may affect the growth of the business

I think to some extent a Business Man/Woman will tell you it is not Advisable for a Business owner to give Free Product or Services to Family members, what he/she can only do is to reduce the Money (price of the Product or Services) the Family Member ought to pay.
My Boss at work Pasted something at our Office Door which says; "IF FAMILY AND FRIENDS PAY FOR THE SERVICES RENDERED TO THEM, BUSINESS WILL FLOURISH".. So check that out.

Yeah, if its in family member why it is hard to give a free service, it will show respect to the family and love which what family needs. Giving a free service a family member it will ease their worry thus giving free service is a once for a while.

They should not be any business for family, because is not advisable for any one that owned a business should be giving out the product to family or whatever, you don't have to take your business for granted when it comes for family problem.

You can give gifts to your family members from what you're selling but there should be limit, it's not Everytime they keep coming you keep giving you're only bringing your business down because those people will never stop taking.

There is a wise old saying that goes this; "Business thrives when friends and family pays for goods and services rendered to them"

Except it is a charity organization, you don't give goods and services away to friends and family members, business is business that should be your attitude towards your business. Your friends anger is not well placed.

I could remember some years back, when I started selling recharge card at home. I started the business with $20 and so whenever my mum or elder sisters want to buy recharge card, they will just ask me to give them that they will pay me later in the day. The funniest part is that the business did not last a4 days before It shut down reason being that, none of them payed for the recharge card I gave them.

I think with my little experience,it is a very bad idea to give any of your family free product from your business no matter how close they might be or how much you love them, let business be business.

Her fiance was wrong. If he isn't paying for his mother, he shouldn't expect free services. Friends and family are in fact supposed to support a business by paying and not kill it.
Imagine having a large family of ten to twenty and everyone else expects a free service. C'mon now.

It is not advisable for business owner to give free products out to family and friends. Business should be considered as a business not as a free donation center.
The purpose of every business is to make profit. When you dash out your product how are you going to account for the lose.

I would say no but if it is a service and my mother in law to be, there is a rule to that exception. I find it disrespectful charging her for a service rendered. Other than that what I usually do when my friends and family patronise me, I give them discounts off the original price.

If you get paid for service it is not a bad thing. It depends upon you weither you should serve for free or not. But if the customer is your subling you should serve for free. If the sperson is a a relative but not a subling you may or may not serve for free.

Not at all, since if you start giving the products to relatives you will not have the expected earnings. But it may be the case that it is a consolidated company with extraordinary benefits and that with total solvency, that one or another opportunity agrees to please their closest relatives

If you're talking about giving free products and services to family members as gifts, there's nothing wrong with that. Anything aside from that is totally not acceptable and will affect your business negatively. Business should be taken seriously and strictly executed. Family members and friends must be mandated to pay for anything they desire from your business.

No, we been there and in our business if you want it you buy it doesn't matter if you're a family or a relative.. it's not good for the business if we keep providing anyone with free products we will suffer a loss. So it's better to let them pay for what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds