Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is competition among business healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Competition amongst businesses is healthy. This is so because it gives one the strength and energy to do better than your competitor. If there are no competitions, one will rest one his/her oars. Healthy competition is essential.

Advertisement Placeholder
Competition can be done healthily if both parties can accept defeats and just step up their games next time.

The one who would benefit from the competition is the customers. It would create many options to choose from, better products and maybe the price would be cheaper as well.

Competition has its own positive and negative effects and because of this, it is sometimes helpful. Sometimes a business make effective decisions to improve efficiency because of competition and this mostly results in the provision of quality goods or services to its customers.

Without healthy competition, you may have one business monopolizing an industry, which can lead to inferior products and exorbitant prices. Healthy competition between businesses encourages good customer service, quality products, and fair pricing.

You make the best point. Competition among businesses of same brands is unavoidable, however, it should be an healthy one. The type that want to make each business man be better in their own way. So degrading or damaging the reputation of one's counterparts is totally uncalled for. No sane customer will want to go to that side again.
In my opinion if you have to damage the reputation of another business in order to get your own sales up then it shows that you are not doing something right in your business that you have to make sure that other businesses are unsuccessful. If you are able to actually get business to your products or your services without damaging someone's reputation that speaks to a lot about the quality of the service that you are providing. And if quality speaks over what you actually have to say that shows healthy competition amongst the businesses within that area.

For a market setting there is always going to be competition amongst people within a particular niche market selling the same thing within a confined space. Its healthy cos it makes every one stay on their feet.

Competition in healthy for business and it is more favourable to the customers because it help to Regulate the price of commodities, if a business is monopolise then that single owner determines the price of commodity to favour his/her self as the expense of the customers

Competition among businesses is inevitable especially if it is medium scale or large scale, one needs to understand a lot as regards your competitors, you definitely have to spy on your competitors and understand their growth as well, rebranding your business and great customer services are very important. Competition creates serious amongst entrepreneurs.

I was at the market some days earlier to buy some electrical appliances, then I noticed how the business men started beckoning to me from all angles. One even ran up to me and said 'dont enter any shop apart from mine, I'm the only certified person that sells original gpods'. I was shocked! Why will people go to the extent of downgrading other's stores just to attract the customers to yours? This type of competition is dangerous because it can lead to hatred among the store owners in that particular place
Are there no other ways to compete healthily with each other?
This competition is unhealthy, but it can't be avoided. Each one wants to sell his own product so they will go to any length to do that. But I hope it does not have to be that way, that is one disadvantage of competition in business.

One important benefit of competition is a boost to innovation. Competition among companies can spur the invention of new or better products, or more efficient processes. ... Competition also can help businesses identify consumers' needs—and then develop new products or services to meet them.

I am of the opinion that competition among businesses should be encouraged and even supported. While it might break into unhealthy competition, most technology that we used today were birthed out of health competitions. It allows firms to look for creative ways of solving societal problems.

Is the sky blue?!:ROFLMAO: But seriously, yes, healthy competition is absolutely necessary not only to keep the providers on their toes but also to give the customers options. What that business owner did was very unprofessional and would have put me right off, even if he was indeed telling the truth when he said he's the only licensed seller there. Ask yourself why he has to resort to chasing down customers to tell him that. He could lean heavily on incorporating the message into his marketing but instead, he desperately chases after customers. Strange.

One important benefit of competition is a boost to innovation. Competition among companies can spur the invention of new or better products, or more efficient processes. This also can help businesses identify consumers' need and then develop new products or services to meet them.

Competition among business is definitely healthy because for one Competition leads to reduction in price of commodities sold and services rendered but there should always be respectful way to get customers without destruction of your competitors reputation. For me I would definitely not like to buy from that seller who had to stoop so low as accuse his competitor of selling fake items.

Such competition makes the sellers too l not see customers as being useless. It's in favor of customers. If you see someone doing business where there is no competition you will understand what I'm saying. Competition is healthy to ensure quality service delivery by business owners.

This depends on the kind of competition the business owner is involved in, if it is the case that it's an healthy competition whereby they look up to each other for betterment of sales and improvement on d sales tactics,then this is good

Competition in business this will reduce the price of certain products, the competition will help to foster growth in the market place, competition in a business it can be healthy, it can make someone up and doing in the business.

Lol, that is competition for you, when traders occupy a lot in the business area selling similar things. This kind of issues surface, that's why we need to sell differently from what others engage on. You don't have to involve in such market tug of war when you ain't satisfied with what's going on with such competition.

Some type of competitions are bad while some are good. A good competition gives business owners the drive to do better in their business while a bad competition just makes things harder for a business's owner.

Some people can even spread
rumours like saying your business is bad and so on, this will not be very healthy for such business affected by this type of competition.

Well it's something that can't be avoided, competition in the market is normal, it's survival of the fittest, even in a country where u have price control there is still competition which now boils down to how genuine product are in the market. Most company sells inferior product at the same price with original products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds