Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🖼️ Graphics Is A Logo Important?

Discussions related to graphics for web design, like icons and images.

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
Retired Staff
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
So many sites I go to and many of them have logos that are branding for their website but then I have been to sites who just have the normal, default just text logo for their logo and I feel even though that can work, it doesn't really stand out. I feel a logo that stands out really does help you to get people interested and to also remember your site and come back.

Is a logo important to you? Or are you someone who doesn't mind the default text logo?

I think a logo can be important as a design that goes along with the forum's theme. It kind of brands the board and often times you can put a subtitle on the logo to describe what the forum is about in one sentence.

A logo is part of the vibe. It can even just be some stylised text (it often is just stylised text!) but some sense of identity is a must, I think.

I usually just stick with a text-based logo until someone offers to make a new logo. I'll either pay for it or link to them on the page :D
Good idea :D

According to me logo is very important if you are looking for good branding online. Search engines like Google also prefer logo because i see many times they show favicon / logo with website title, it means logo is important.

I used a super basic logo on my last forum. I don't expect it to be anything super fancy or anything. A logo/banner like on this forum is fine. I had somebody who made my gfx and had made themes on my semi successful forum on Zetaboards years ago.

Definitely: it's the first thing most people see, and as such, it's a key part of your site's identity.

It doesn't have to be too elaborate (even a simple text-based logo can get the job done), but it does have to let people know they're at the right place. (I sometimes see people installing a custom theme, and then using the theme's logo instead of their own logo, which is just a massive no-no, because that logo doesn't even contain their site's name!)

So many sites I go to and many of them have logos that are branding for their website but then I have been to sites who just have the normal, default just text logo for their logo and I feel even though that can work, it doesn't really stand out. I feel a logo that stands out really does help you to get people interested and to also remember your site and come back.

Is a logo important to you? Or are you someone who doesn't mind the default text logo?
You tell me.

Does this one get the point of the site across?

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 2.04.30 AM.png

Or would a simple segment of text on a plain (or even gradient) background get the topical nature of the site across better? ;)

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 2.08.30 AM.png

And yes, I made the logo myself, even if it's rather "cartoonish". I never claimed to be artistically inclined. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I don't use logos on all of my websites, I have not found any differences in traffic and revenue between the sites using logos and sites not using logos. Unless you want to build a brand, logos are not important in a website.

A logo is hugely important because it shows off the brand of the site or business.

Even if it's just text, the font used matters a lot so it's not something you should cheap out on.

I usually just stick with a text-based logo
I used to design elaborate logos back in the day, but today I just stick with a simple text-based logo as well. Sure, I try to add some kind of design element to it and/or try to use a fancy font for it. But other than that, I think a simple text-based logo works just fine.
You tell me.

Does this one get the point of the site across?

View attachment 205

Or would a simple segment of text on a plain (or even gradient) background get the topical nature of the site across better? ;)

View attachment 206

And yes, I made the logo myself, even if it's rather "cartoonish". I never claimed to be artistically inclined. :ROFLMAO:
The first example is obviously better (I would personally make the text more yellow so that it fits better with the O-planet) because it has a more fitting background image as well as a short site slogan/description.
Visual branding in the form of a logo is indeed important for a site's overall branding & success.
Sure, but a badly designed logo could actually make your website look bad and unprofessional.

Yep... they can be useful for other things also!
The OP was mainly asking about a logo on a website. :D
Logos are important for a business and brands (including the products like yours.)
I tried to check your link, but the website is not loading. Is that an astrology website?

The OP was mainly asking about a logo on a website. :D
Logos are important for a business and brands (including the products like yours.)
I tried to check your link, but the website is not loading. Is that an astrology website?
Should be loading without any issues.. unless you are in Russia... I currently block ALL connections that the IP relates to that locale, simply in support of Ukraine from a country which wants to force it's will on others using force.
It's an astronomy/astrophophotagraphy site.

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 3.37.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 3.39.56 AM.png

I think it's important for the logo to match the vibe that the forum carries within itself. If it doesn't match it, it might feel unprofessional to the guest / new members and they might picture the admin to be someone who is laid back and doesn't pay attention to details.

Reactions: Ken
Having a logo is definitely important. It makes your forum look unique and shows that you put time and effort into designing your forum. Though this makes me wonder, is it okay for the logo just to have a image with no text? The reason I ask is because I recently have been working on a forum that just has a image of the band members the forum is based around. The site is named after a song from the band, and the screenshot is from the music video.

• Love
Reactions: Ken

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest