Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Investment or business?

For the amount of capital required, starting a business has high income and capital gain potential yet requires far more time from the owner; investing in stocks has limited income and capital gain potential but requires little time by the investor.It may be a good time to reap the benefits of small-business growth and opportunity as a private investor, too. ... Investing directly in a small private business can deliver a much better return than a traditional mutual fund or index fund, but your potential for losses is greater, too.

Advertisement Placeholder
Different people have different ways to earn. Some people like to invest money in different projects to earn passive income and some like to start business to earn good return of their efforts.
Both methods are profitable according to my opinion.

MY Opinion:
---------------

If I have to choose one from these two options then I ll choose" business" because investment can give profit to lead a happy life or can helpful in future, but it can't give you learning or experience.
Through business, you can learn new things ,can meet success/failure ,which gives you experience .

Want to know your thoughts about this matter..!!

You have to choose only one option, so what option ll you choose?
Investment
Or
Business?

and why?
Investments and business are similar in that both need you to commit some money in anticipation of future profit or benefit. The key difference, however, is that in business; you are actively involved in management while in investments, your role is more passive.

For the amount of capital required, starting a business has high income and capital gain potential yet requires far more time from the owner; investing in stocks has limited income and capital gain potential but requires little time by the investor.It may be a good time to reap the benefits of small-business growth and opportunity as a private investor, too. ... Investing directly in a small private business can deliver a much better return than a traditional mutual fund or index fund, but your potential for losses is greater, too.
Investment in stocks have eluded me for a long time now, I have been making all necessary efforts to gather all the information needed for me to make the right decision. As much as I really need to start the investment, I still don't want to make any wrong decision because it will hunt me for a long time.

Different people have different ways to earn. Some people like to invest money in different projects to earn passive income and some like to start business to earn good return of their efforts.
Both methods are profitable according to my opinion.

MY Opinion:
---------------

If I have to choose one from these two options then I ll choose" business" because investment can give profit to lead a happy life or can helpful in future, but it can't give you learning or experience.
Through business, you can learn new things ,can meet success/failure ,which gives you experience .

Want to know your thoughts about this matter..!!

You have to choose only one option, so what option ll you choose?
Investment
Or
Business?

and why?
Hmm... My option is definitely business, because your business will stay with you till your old age. But investment is a future reference. After the investment nothing else, no knowledge acquired, etc.

Both are good but the level of risk is higher than the other. Starting a business has high income and capital gain potential yet requires far more time from the owner, investing in stocks has limited income and capital gain potential requires little time by investor
I agree with you both are good.
To start a business requires a lot of money first and foremost one need to pay for a place to stay in order to put up his product for customers to be able to locate him.
Investment does not need you to rent a space you can possibly invest online and etc..

Hmm... My option is definitely business, because your business will stay with you till your old age. But investment is a future reference. After the investment nothing else, no knowledge acquired, etc.
Some people are actually too lazy to run a business. In fact, running a business is not a small task, which is why most people shy away from it and run into investments where they can just sit down and get their return of investment on monthly payments.

I too choose business. With investment, the risk level is kinda higher than that of a business and most at times we can't make lucrative investment without huge amount of money. So for me I prefer to do business, retain some of the profit in investment schemes and use the rest to Improve the business.
Both of them are similar in nature the only end product that both are looking for, its making gains through them. You invest in your money in more lucrative idea to make profit same goes to your own personal business. They operate on the same target of making profit.

Both of them are similar in nature the only end product that both are looking for, its making gains through them. You invest in your money in more lucrative idea to make profit same goes to your own personal business. They operate on the same target of making profit.
A business that is handle by an illiterate can never in any way be the same thing with a business handled by a graduate who also went to a business school in order to learn how to succeed in being a business man or woman. Education is very important no matter what.

Yeah. They all have the same goal to achieve which profit but I think winning chance varies from one to the other. They look very similar but there are some few differences. Business is always for long term but most investments doesn't last long.

This is a very difficult choice for me to make right now because I love to do both business and investment together, so there is no way that I can choose the one I love most since they both goes together for me.
My plans are always a combination of both Businesses and investment, so as far as I am concerned, they are both equally important for me.

Yeah. They all have the same goal to achieve which profit but I think winning chance varies from one to the other. They look very similar but there are some few differences. Business is always for long term but most investments doesn't last long.
Business is for a long term yes, but it requires more commitment and work to survive the long term and still be functional. Depending on the kind of investment you are into, some are a life time investment that won't end in a very long time.

if I'm to choose any of those two you have just mentioned above then you must know that obviously I'll choose to do business rather than investment because if I can start up my business now and develop it to reach the test I want you never can tell how far I will go in the next 5 years than an investment that will give me a certain amount of percentage every month or year.

Both have their benefits as well as disadvantages. If you are bound to other jobs which do not let you too much free time for business then I suggest you just go for investment but if you have free time to do business then go for business. Business will give you and your friends opportunity for earnings as creating jobs vacancies but investment is risk itself and its only belongs to you.
Both have risk in failure but business has slight edge as we can understand and learn something new in the market.

For me both are good , when investing its like saving up for the future, only problem in investing it may take some time to yield. Business is also good , it is an adventure, one could learn new things from it. Business depends on the profit you make for it to grow more.

Some people are actually too lazy to run a business. In fact, running a business is not a small task, which is why most people shy away from it and run into investments where they can just sit down and get their return of investment on monthly payments.
And also they can't take the risk of doing business, but I see no reason for People not to learn a skill (designing, writing etc) and turn it to business, which as less or no risk. They can even add it to their investment.

And also they can't take the risk of doing business, but I see no reason for People not to learn a skill (designing, writing etc) and turn it to business, which as less or no risk. They can even add it to their investment.
Having the mind of taking risk is not really for everyone, because if it's so, most people would have being involved in a whole lot of business and investment lately. People just look to avoiding what may stress them and complain about them not being flavored.

Business is for a long term yes, but it requires more commitment and work to survive the long term and still be functional. Depending on the kind of investment you are into, some are a life time investment that won't end in a very long time.
Well, business can be term as investment but I don't think investment can also be business. Commitment and hard work is the main thing that makes a business progress and achieve gains. Lazy people can't start business because of their nature.

Some investment last long, just like the real estate investment. You can buy a land keeping long to appreciate so you can lease out for company to make use of it and being you steady monthly return for years to come. You can build a lodge too, for students and rent it out and collect returns on it esteady for years, the dividends in real estate property doesn't fade on time.

To me investment is an aspect of business so there is no need comparing business and investments because business is complex. Some engage in it by running daily to make profit some run business to make money weekly , yearly etc. Investment is business and business is investment.

Well, business can be term as investment but I don't think investment can also be business. Commitment and hard work is the main thing that makes a business progress and achieve gains. Lazy people can't start business because of their nature.
Talking about lazy people and business, they can't get out of bed till it's past 10:00am. There is no way one with such attitude and mindset can be able to do any sort of business even if they have all the money in the world available to them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds