Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

In Need of Website Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friendly Survival

Reputable member
Credits
Hello, I am seeking in the Website Forum's community to help me out of a deep hole with recent misfortune with getting my website development done.

Without going into too long of details basically I had lost 3 developers in about a month's time due to...
The paid one had basically "half butt" my design even when I requested it to be revision ed.

While the remainder had fallen due to their personal reasonings (which is completely understand able given both were going to do it at no cost to me due to my problem with the paid developer and the fact that life does sometimes hit us to the fans...).

Would someone here be willing to help me out either as a friendly favor or at an alternative agreement?

Please do PM me if you think you could help and then we can discuss there on an alternative agreement if required.

Otherwise if you have any general questions feel free to post it here.

Thank you very much in advance.

Advertisement Placeholder
Can't you get a (partial) refund? In my contract, you can always get a refund based on the amount of work done.

Anyhow - I'm sorry to hear this and I wish you best of luck finding someone to do the work for you. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to work for free either and I have two clients I still have to create a website for.

I wish you all the best; I don't work for free - or cheaply.
Can't you get a (partial) refund? In my contract, you can always get a refund based on the amount of work done.

Anyhow - I'm sorry to hear this and I wish you best of luck finding someone to do the work for you. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to work for free either and I have two clients I still have to create a website for.

Thank you both however I would like to clarifies... When I meant a "friendly favor" I don't means "you get nothing" I meant it more like... You "jump start my engine, I will jump start yours".

I remembered when I used to have a client who had an issue sourcing Minecraft hosting and guess what? Even though they had never brought out their credit card they brought me the highest ROI (not enough to sustain said business but it was still a very high for that client). Not to mention extra things they did for that brand of my.

So in the end I am ready to "pay" just not in dollars.

Actually I bet if you needed food, that person would be willing to do something to that degree.

Yeah, you’ve completely missed the point, here.

I am a developer; my skills are in demand. I’m not going to waste my time working for someone who will not remunerate me for the work I am doing or the time I am spending un-screwing someone else’s mess. Most developers are the same; you get what you *pay* for.

Given you’re paying $0, you’re going to get a developer that has no idea what they are doing. I’m not a charity case, I just want to be able to live. Why can’t you just get that? It’s not a difficult concept.

Yeah, you’ve completely missed the point, here.

I am a developer; my skills are in demand. I’m not going to waste my time working for someone who will not remunerate me for the work I am doing or the time I am spending un-screwing someone else’s mess. Most developers are the same; you get what you *pay* for.

Given you’re paying $0, you’re going to get a developer that has no idea what they are doing. I’m not a charity case, I just want to be able to live. Why can’t you just get that? It’s not a difficult concept.

Okay I did miss your point but at the same time I feel like giving up some of your time is not "outside the scope" of being a kind person that will pays you in dividends in the long term.

With that all said I get if you don't think it is but please don't spread false assumptions that by paying no money to a developer that the gesture will be of negative quality.

I feel like giving up some of your time is not "outside the scope" of being a kind person that will pays you in dividends in the long term.

Please stop patronising me. I am not interested in “long-term dividends”, I’m interested in living between now and the time I get my next project. You clearly don’t get it. If you did, we wouldn’t be having this argument.

Please stop patronising me. I am not interested in “long-term dividends”, I’m interested in living between now and the time I get my next project. You clearly don’t get it. If you did, we wouldn’t be having this argument.

All I am saying that you cannot make false claims of that the quality of the works is directly tied into how much one is willing to pay monetarily. If that was the case then I would have zero reasons to create this thread.

Other than that, living are indeed important but you has to understand and maintain other aspects of yourself, branding, and/or etc in order to maintain, update, and so forth. A person or brand cannot excel solely based on how much money is brought in each month but also based on other aspects as marketing, self promotion, and so on.

If you believe that this opportunity isn't of any values to you that's is fine. However automatically claiming that the monetarily benefits that one delivers to a developer is directly correlate to the quality of the final product is unacceptable behavior.

I think you need to take a step back and check yourself. As a web designer and developer, I often do projects pro-bono or completely free to help out people who otherwise couldn't afford it. I guess that's why I'm not living just hoping to get another project. People often come to me and pay me for projects because I'm not a douchy person and I provide quality work.

To the OP, what type of site is it and what exactly are you needing to be done?

I think you need to take a step back and check yourself. As a web designer and developer, I often do projects pro-bono or completely free to help out people who otherwise couldn't afford it. I guess that's why I'm not living just hoping to get another project. People often come to me and pay me for projects because I'm not a douchy person and I provide quality work.

To the OP, what type of site is it and what exactly are you needing to be done?

Thank you very much for your interest into this and allow me to explain to your requirements.

Firstly I intend to be shared hosting provider and have most of the systems in place (VPS, control panel, billing platform). However I am needing at least the website files that I been provided by one of the people on here (reasoning is explained on this OP on why they could not finish it) (HTML based) to be finished up. In order to soon make my servicing publicly available.

Please do let me know if your needing any more details and/or if this something that your able to help me out with.

Thank you very much in advance! :)

Nothing rings in the New Year like a special delivery this early afternoon https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10834-website-development-help/ !

Thanks for everyone who supported me on this thread, I am just going to lock it since it been completed.

Once I am done rebranding at least the billing software and the status page I will of course providing additional credits for the actual site and etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds