Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Have you ever reached the point?

Advertisement Placeholder
There is always something that they can do.
Something as simple as "get XXX "problem solved" confirmations and get a percentage off your next renewal, or something similar.

I suppose that might motivate some but for those who value their time spending countless hours solving problems on a support forum just to get (for example) $20 off a $55 renewal fee doesn't seem worth it. Lets say you spend 2 hours per day offering support on the support forum everyday for a year straight. You were getting paid under $0.03 cents an hour to earn that $20 discount.

I suppose that might motivate some but for those who value their time spending countless hours solving problems on a support forum just to get (for example) $20 off a $55 renewal fee doesn't seem worth it. Lets say you spend 2 hours per day offering support on the support forum everyday for a year straight. You were getting paid under $0.03 cents an hour to earn that $20 discount.
The point is.. there ARE those of us who have (over a decade) done exactly that.... with zero reward...
To "encourage" those of us who already have that propensity... it's a viable option
For those who could care less about helping others... it will never affect them.
For those that do have that propensity.. it's a "thank you" from the developers.
Why exactly (in the specific case of XenForo) should those that have over a decade of experience with it really desire to offer any help when one may "complain" about XF complacency in forwarding their script and then get denigrated by XF staff and moderators... where exactly does that encourage ANY desire to help other admins?

Honestly... I have quite a bit of XF knowledge of day to day operations and "tweaks"... but currently... I have NO desire (specifically on the XF site) to pass that knowledge onward... and it is purely upon the XF developers and moderators and their childish antics. Brogan (no matter his knowledge) is a classic case.

Last edited:
The point is.. there ARE those of us who have (over a decade) done exactly that.... with zero reward...
To "encourage" those of us who already have that propensity... it's a viable option
For those who could care less about helping others... it will never affect them.
For those that do have that propensity.. it's a "thank you" from the developers.
Why exactly (in the specific case of XenForo) should those that have over a decade of experience with it really desire to offer any help when one may "complain" about XF complacency in forwarding their script and then get denigrated by XF staff and moderators... where exactly does that encourage ANY desire to help other admins?

Honestly... I have quite a bit of XF knowledge of day to day operations and "tweaks"... but currently... I have NO desire (specifically on the XF site) to pass that knowledge onward... and it is purely upon the XF developers and moderators and their childish antics. Brogan (no matter his knowledge) is a classic case.
Brogan’s moderation tactics aren’t known for being the best either.

Imagine being restricted, being put in mod queue or temporarily banned without any warning or notification of what rules you’re breaking?

Brogan’s moderation tactics aren’t known for being the best either.

Imagine being restricted, being put in mod queue or temporarily banned without any warning or notification of what rules you’re breaking?
And the irony is with that specific one... he puts on his mod hat, but then turns around and does some of the same crap he's moderating/reporting folks on. He's gotten where with some people he simply turns it over to Chris & Co. to do the actual deed.

And the irony is with that specific one... he puts on his mod hat, but then turns around and does some of the same crap he's moderating/reporting folks on. He's gotten where with some people he simply turns it over to Chris & Co. to do the actual deed.
What does he do that he’s moderating ppl for? I’m curious to hear examples :p

What does he do that he’s moderating ppl for? I’m curious to hear examples :p
I'm not going to go into detail... but let's just say a moderator has no place in making any gigs at paying license holders. If they do... they need to be called onto the carpet.
If they can't be professional... then they simply need to STFU.
And Brogan (even though I can appreciate him) needs to exercise that fully.

Last edited:
I'm not going to go into detail... but let's just say a moderator has no place in making any gigs at paying license holders. If they do... they need to be called onto the carpet.
If they can't be professional... then they simply need to STFU.
And Brogan (even though I can appreciate him) needs to exercise that fully.
gigs or digs?

I do think it appalling he thinks to just ban or otherwise sanction members who are paying license holders !

I've been put in approval two times now, which also restricts access to the Off Topic section. Both times for the same amusing reason, one that makes no sense at all. But I guess that's how they roll. XF is notorious for driving people and more specifically 3rd part devs away from their service. While they allow certain members to bash them publicly. It's quite weird. Also, there's one member there that turns with the wind and contradicts himself so often it's not even funny. Yet he has been whining to XF about his personal issue and has now received carte blanche.

I don't mind/judge people with personal issues for the record. But the stuff said member posts gets out of control. And if other members say anything about it, they get restricted.

I don't mind/judge people with personal issues for the record. But the stuff said member posts gets out of control. And if other members say anything about it, they get restricted.
Pretty sure I know which one that is (there are two, but one is the most likely one). It's one of the reasons that I'm only posting the similar type inane drivel others do, but very little as far as assistance goes.

Honestly.. it's been REALLY nice reading through the XF site and seeing if anything posted directly would impact me... and if not.. saying "screw it". Has given me a lot more time chasing down an issue why my OSC camera is not playing nicely with my processing software, when the mono camera (which with it's filters and complexity is supposed to be more complicated) is doing fine.
What's really funny over there... the license holders haven't been given anything but chicken scratch on "improvements" and folks are going all gaga over it.
Sorry.. I've yet to see anything that justifies 2 years of twirling on your thumb so far.

Last edited:
Honestly.. it's been REALLY nice reading through the XF site and seeing if anything posted directly would impact me... and if not.. saying "screw it". Has given me a lot more time chasing down an issue why my OSC camera is not playing nicely with my processing software, when the mono camera (which with it's filters and complexity is supposed to be more complicated) is doing fine.
What's really funny over there... the license holders haven't been given anything but chicken scratch on "improvements" and folks are going all gaga over it.
Sorry.. I've yet to see anything that justifies 2 years of twirling on your thumb so far.
Could you share an example of this…I’m not seeing people going “gaga“ over anything...?

Could you share an example of this…I’m not seeing people going “gaga“ over anything...
Simply read the HYS thread... folks acting like what they've been shown is something amazing. In 2 years I really hope we see a LOT more.
And the many of the ones in that thread are what are referred to as fan-bois.

I was support staff on Zathyus Networks (ZetaBoards & InvisionFree) for several years and never got burnt out or frustrated - well actually I was pretty pissed when Brandon sold ZB to Tapatalk but whatevs. We didn’t get paid but there was no expectation on how often we provided support or responded to tickets. It was super laid back and I enjoyed helping out where I could. We did get perks for our own forums (or could nominate others if we didn’t have one) so it was nice to be rewarded. And I did feel appreciated for what I did which was nice.

It's funny to watch how much more active staff over at a certain site is now that they were called out on it.
It's back to more the way assistance used to be.... so I guess even they were having burn out. But if you are paid staff at a site, then burnout or not, you do your job or leave it.
I still won't be participating with any support over there....those days are gone and I'm actually enjoying having more time to devote to the image processing aspect of my hobby.

It's funny to watch how much more active staff over at a certain site is now that they were called out on it.
It's back to more the way assistance used to be.... so I guess even they were having burn out. But if you are paid staff at a site, then burnout or not, you do your job or leave it.
I still won't be participating with any support over there....those days are gone and I'm actually enjoying having more time to devote to the image processing aspect of my hobby.
Interesting - you do image processing? You mean like photo editing, or do you develop and experiment with AI models?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds