Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How would you reduce corruption?

The idea of killing people for corruption will really scare so many into not doing it. But it is too much of a punishment. It is best to look for a better punishment like all your money being frozen and let's say getting jailed for life.

Advertisement Placeholder
The act of corruption can be greatly minimized especially in a country by creating employment and job opportunities to the youth. They say an idle mind is the devil's workshop and sometimes people do engage in such just to survive

unfortunately, there is not much a single person could do to reduce corruption. The whole people or a large group of people should stand against corruption in any country. Unfortunately, corruption is much prevalent in many Tier 3 countries.

1. End impunity

Effective law enforcement is essential to ensure the corrupt are punished and break the cycle of impunity, or freedom from punishment or loss.
Successful enforcement approaches are supported by a strong legal framework, law enforcement branches and an independent and effective court system. Civil society can support the process with initiatives such as Transparency International’s Unmask the Corrupt campaign.

2. Reform public administration and finance management

Reforms focussing on improving financial management and strengthening the role of auditing agencies have in many countries achieved greater impact than public sector reforms on curbing corruption.
One such reform is the disclosure of budget information, which prevents waste and misappropriation of resources. For example, Transparency International Sri Lanka promotes transparent and participatory budgeting by training local communities to comment on the proposed budgets of their local government.

3. Promote transparency and access to information

Countries successful at curbing corruption have a long tradition of government openness, freedom of the press, transparency and access to information. Access to information increases the responsiveness of government bodies, while simultaneously having a positive effect on the levels of public participation in a country.
Transparency International Maldives successfully advocated for the adoption of one of the world’s strongest rights to information law by putting pressure on local MPs via a campaign of SMS text messages.

4. Empower citizens

Strengthening citizens demand for anti-corruption and empowering them to hold government accountable is a sustainable approach that helps to build mutual trust between citizens and government. For example, community monitoring initiatives have in some cases contributed to the detection of corruption, reduced leakages of funds, and improved the quantity and quality of publicservices.
To monitor local elections, Transparency International Slovenia produced an interactive map that the public populated with pictures and reports of potential irregularities in the election. As a result, cases of public funds being misused to support certain candidates were spotted.

5. Close international loopholes

Without access to the international financial system, corrupt public officials throughout the world would not be able to launder and hide the proceeds of looted state assets. Major financial centres urgently need to put in place ways to stop their banks and cooperating offshore financial centres from absorbing illicit flows of money

Most people go into crime and become corrupt because of the inability to get what they want and the frustration they encounter fro time to time and so it avoid this the government should atleast be giving out grants to people that are in need of it

The act of corruption can be greatly minimized especially in a country by creating employment and job opportunities to the youth. They say an idle mind is the devil's workshop and sometimes people do engage in such just to survive
What about in a situation where the government is not willing to provide jobs based on one reason or the other, what do you think can be done on such a case?

1. By exposing corrupt activities and risks that may otherwise remain hidden.
  2. keep the public sector honest, transparent and accountable.
  3. helps stop dishonest practices.

I think it is always important to hide the identity of the person who reports corruption in order to make his or her life secure. Countries with high rates of corruption do not develop at all, unfortunately.

I think one of the method of reducing corruption ,is to make laws that would guide the principles of the country and reduce the corrupt practices and promote accountability and transparency

Even though government has provided agencies that curb corruption, yet it is still not decreasing in act and this is because there's no appropriate judgement over the victims. Those in powers are the ones that usually fall victim of corruption but they are not judged because they're in authority. If corruption wants to be curb without rising anymore, the judgement needs not to advantage people in power.

Corruption is a big problem. It can be reduced by first removing corrupt leaders. There is no way the citizens won't be corrupt when the leaders themselves are corrupt. When the corrupt leaders are gotten rid of, then it will be easier to get rid of the corrupt citizens.

Putting myself here, if I am to help in reducing corruption in my country, then it should start with me. If we all can take up this decision of fighting corruption then the society will be a better and safe place to be and void of corrupt citizens.

In order to reduce corruption, I will employee many people in my company and always pay them well, this will reduce poverty and I will also be honest in what I am doing. When I am in a big government office I will make sure I employ people,,

I don't think there's a way to reduce corruption especially in my country. Many countries are corrupted but for mine it's very different despite the fact is not among the top corrupted countries.

corruption is all over every where ,most of the countries are corrupted and the best thing to do is to provide the necessary things that they need , lack of money also leads to corruption ,but when the money is provided it will be ok
Yes i agree with you,corruption is not only when you are caught stealing money,corruption could be from you attitude and the way you do things in a manner that is both selfish and self centered.

There is a saying charity begins at home,the best way to handle corruption is to publicise that individual are to stop corruption themselves by doing what is right
People are there who just doesn't listen. The best way is to enact strict punishment on defaulters, that way it would scare people from it

The case of corruption seems to be obvious here in my country, the case of corruption has been rampant in all most all sectors,to reduce corruption, the government should set agencies that will take necessary action on that.

Corruption could be curbed if the rule of law takes effect. Sadly, the rule of law is just a policy devoid of implementation.
I agree with you. No one should be above the law, everyone must be treated equally without regards to the position of power his/she holds. This is the way forward

Corruption is a real deep case that eats up a lot of societies today. One thing I keep insisting on is that corrupt leaders are a mirror of a corrupt society.
To battle this menace, it's good to first show good example and then keep educating them that corruption doesn't pay.

If am a president of a country I will reduce corruption by making sure I employ youths to reduce illegal activities, I will give a very strict law concerning anyone involved in corruption.

Corrupt citizens should be punished appropriately including those in powers, the reason corruption is on the increase is that those in power feels they are above the law because they are not usually punished when they go against the law
Reducing corruption should start from those core politicians in the government because they are the source and the origin of corruption ,their salary should be slash and they should not be allowed to run for office more than once.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds