Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to manage a poultry business

Poultry business is one of the most lucrative business everywhere in the world because 90% of the people in the world eat chicken and egg, but poultry needs to be neat at all time .
My friend have been managing a poultry business for years now and have not really made alot of gain cos the chicken keeps on dying.
Please any advise on how to manage the business and make more gai

Advertisement Placeholder
A successful poultry business requires a lot of time and technical know-how. You have to learn about pest and diseases control and also know the best weather for the chicks. I am always afraid of going into poultry.

Poultry business is one of the most lucrative business everywhere in the world because 90% of the people in the world eat chicken and egg, but poultry needs to be neat at all time .
It is not a lucrative business like before. In our area the poultry business has gone down drastically after the pandemic. People are avoiding to eat non-vegetarian items. My friend had poultry farm and he is in big loss now.

He needs to employ a vet doctor ASAP. Poultry business is very lucrative he’s just not doing it right
You are very right as he needs to employ the services of an experienced manager in the business of poultry management because if it does not employ an experience manager in that department then his business will suffer because in as much as a poultry business it quite lucrative it really needs day management of someone that has experience in it.

U have to get all Necessary equipmentd in order to be a good poutry owner

Apart from getting equipment, we should also hire a person who could take good care of chickens because we alone cannot take good care of chickens solely. It is always a good uidea to hire a professional before we start a poultry farm. Experience also plays a crucial role and we should also hire a doctor to take care of chickens.

A successful poultry business requires a lot of time and technical know-how. You have to learn about pest and diseases control and also know the best weather for the chicks. I am always afraid of going into poultry.
You are right. A poultry farm is a complex business that is not easy to operate. Besides the operation issue the capital of poultry is pretty huge for an ordinary person like me. You need a big land, the cages and the equipment. There are many other concerns that one needs to study about poultry.

The problem is how come the birds keep on dying, I suggested that he employ an expert to take charge of medication aspect while he take cares of feeding
Most times it is very difficult to manage a poultry business if you are not the careful type because your bets can be done if not properly managed .

A poultry business does not require a lot of capital my friend. And one of the reasons is because feeding will not be costly. The only issue there is getting somebody to manage the chickens.

You are right. A poultry farm is a complex business that is not easy to operate. Besides the operation issue the capital of poultry is pretty huge for an ordinary person like me. You need a big land, the cages and the equipment. There are many other concerns that one needs to study about poultry.
I have seen a poultry farm that lost over 2000 birds in just 2 days. The farm owner nearly went crazy and till now (about 2 years later) he has not fully recovered from the loss. The funny thing is that the birds were looking fine a day before the incident.

Rearing of agricultural chicken is a serious business you really need to learn, Those chicken Are fragile and in this case I advise you to learn it from people who have experience in the area to avoid loss of money.

You should always ensure that you are breeding them at the right time of the year. You should always vaccinate them properly and at the right time and also you should keep their environment clean.

He needs to employ a vet doctor ASAP. Poultry business is very lucrative he’s just not doing it right
I completely agree with you that it isn't this person really need to employ a veterinary doctor as soon as possible because the business is very lucrative and also very risky if not well taken care of.

Having knowledge about the business that one wants to engage in is very important, this will make one to be able to avoid pitfalls and mistakes that will lead to loss.

As an agricultural expert ( a trained animal scientist at that. Lol), the first step I see is that you guys have no knowledge of what the business is about.
First check where he buys his birds from, he should change the source and watch out.
Next is the type of feed and water he feeds them with. Also how regularly does he vaccinate them?
These are salient points he should look into

As an agricultural expert ( a trained animal scientist at that. Lol), the first step I see is that you guys have no knowledge of what the business is about.
First check where he buys his birds from, he should change the source and watch out.
Next is the type of feed and water he feeds them with. Also how regularly does he vaccinate them?
These are salient points he should look into
Nice one, if there is a positive change after getting a new source, then it's safe to say the issue was from the previous source. But if there is no change, it could be the feeds

what the business is a very lucrative business and I don't think it is too hard to manage provided you have the resources and knowledge.

My friend have been managing a poultry business for years now and have not really made alot of gain cos the chicken keeps on dying.
Please any advise on how to manage the business and make more gains
Need to take better care of the chickens. If their dying off on you then you need to get better feed and most likely better coop environment. Are they getting too cold at night.

Please any advise on how to manage the business and make more gains
Managing a poultry business is not easy you just have to have the right knowledge and equipment and also get a vet doctor to help you check the birds time to time

Poultry business are very difficult to start if you do not understand how it work , the reason is because there is higher possibility that they will lose your money due to chicken death because of infection.

That's the problem associated with agricultural livestock. One will not know the profit until you sell them all. While poultry needs good management, it must be lucrative also.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds