Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to manage a poultry business

Peterlight

The man for the job
Credits
My friend have been managing a poultry business for years now and have not really made alot of gain cos the chicken keeps on dying.
Please any advise on how to manage the business and make more gains

Advertisement Placeholder
My friend have been managing a poultry business for years now and have not really made alot of gain cos the chicken keeps on dying.
look for a strategy on how to sell the chicken. Investigate how much you can sell it within the national market so that you have good profit percentages.

Poultry Business is lucrative and highly risky at the same time. Your friend need to hire the service of expert to his farm to ascertain what the problem is actually is

I do manage poultry. The reality about managing poultry business will have a lots to do with having a basic knowledge about poultry. The important thing to learn is to learn how to study the behaviour of the birds and give them their drugs as at when due.

Please any advise on how to manage the business and make more ga
I experience such before
until i discovered it was due to dirty environment

Was he able to acquire basic knowledge on the poultry business prior to starting the business ?
He needs to find the reason why his chickens are dieing.

Chicken are normally prone to diseases unlike ducks. And when you don't take the necessary requirements early, they can all end up dead. Their diseases are always contagious some airborne. So someone in this field should do more research about poultry to be a success

If we are talking about the poultry business or any other business that involves live animals, it is imperative to find a good advisor, regarding the care and maintenance of animals, food, medicines or vaccines, all of this is very important

If you don't know how to rear animals especially like chicken it's not advisable to invest in it.
Alot of things might be wrong, I'd advise you bring an expert in

As a poultry farmer, you must have time to study the birds. Your studying your birds doesn't mean a waste of time, but it helps you to know them and know when they need medical attention. Also, you should be able to administer drugs at when due or within the required intervals.

Poultry birds are needed to be maintained in a strictly hygienic manner with proper housing. A good and clean environment with proper ventilation should be provided. The farm should be disease and pest free. Layers require regular temperature.

A poultry business has many problems with the disease because once a chicken gets sick then the entire poultry may get sick. The poultry farm is fenced and there's a foot bath in the entrance. All workers should be disinfected before going to the cages to do the chores. The chickens are given vitamins to make them stronger and not easily infected by diseases. But most of all the entire farm should always be clean, no flies and no mosquitoes.

Poultry birds are needed to be maintained in a strictly hygienic manner with proper housing. A good and clean environment with proper ventilation should be provided. The farm should be disease and pest free. Layers require regular temperature.

1. Step 1 – Choose The Type Of Poultry Bird To Rear. ...
  2. Step 2 – Select A Suitable Farm Location/Site. ...
  3. Step 3 – Provide Good Housing And Shelter For The Birds. ...
  4. Step 4 – Feeding and Medication OF The Poultry BIRDS. ...
  5. Step 5 – Marketing and Sales of THE POULTRY Birds.

I think the poultry should be quarantined, then he should send for a virologist and vet doctor to come and test the birds that have died, for viral infection which might be spreading to other healthy birds, my advice would be for him to quarantine the place, find out what's causing the death and solve the problem.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds