Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to avoid professional jealousy among employees

Alexandoy

Captain Junkie
Credits
In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe the qualifications of the employees should also be kept a secret, to prevent the employees from comparing each other's qualifications to know who is fit or not fit for a particular position as a result of their qualifications.

The address of each should also be confidential, any employee that decide to disclose his, should do it at their own volition.

It is important to identify the reasons for professional jealousy @Alexandoy, I love your observations in this thread. I have been trying to avoid that situation in my office for a long time and so far it has worked out well. Aside from the two situations that arise, there is also when someone earns recognition for their hard work, this creates a lot of friction and jealousy. Promotions for earned merit is another reason, the above is not confidential but creates discontent and discomfort among the same staff.

I think what you just said is part of jealousy in the world of business or working time. During work such things emanate, envy is one of the causes of jealousy. We need to stop such negative tendency from overshadowing us.

The best way to avoid jeolosy in any organization is to mind your business and be friendly with anyone in the organization

I think one method you could make use of is to share the duties of those employees seperately ,and make sure there is a signed legal document to prevent any jealousy

If there are plans to make a promotion of workers, it should be strictly on merit. Failure to do this work lead to jealousy Among the workers and they would feel reluctant working as a team.

To avoid jealousy among employees, favoritism should be done in the first place, all workers should be treated equally with love and consideration even when coming short on some things

To avoid jealousy among employees, favoritism should be done in the first place, all workers should be treated equally with love and consideration even when coming short on some things
Some organizations do not consider these things and it leads to their failure. Sometimes you see younger colleagues given top positions leaving the senior ones.

If there are plans to make a promotion of workers, it should be strictly on merit. Failure to do this work lead to jealousy Among the workers and they would feel reluctant working as a team.
You are absolutely right @Bookwormlux, promotions should be made because the employee has truly earned it, whether it be for studies, performance, years of service, etc. Not by finger or preference of superiors. Since this creates a lot of discomfort and listlessness among employees. Reaching the point that they lose interest in their functions.

You are absolutely right @Bookwormlux, promotions should be made because the employee has truly earned it, whether it be for studies, performance, years of service, etc. Not by finger or preference of superiors. Since this creates a lot of discomfort and listlessness among employees. Reaching the point that they lose interest in their functions.
You made a nice input. Promotion should be ushered to those that merited it, to enable satisfaction of the employees and reduce the act of jealousy.

In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?
If we have different degree at university so salary will depend on your speciality on the market and need of it and availability of place so it doesn't matter that you have more salary than be because my field is less required and your speciality is more required concerning relationship with boss boss must not have emotions at work so because this worker is neighboor so he has special work handeling at work.

In terms of professional jealously In place of work is a serious issue to be handled most especially when some one is promoted not based on merit or because of personal relationships hr has with the boss then it definitely creates jealousy among others that are more qualified.

Professional jealousy are rampant nowadays among employees and the only way a boss or an employer can avoid jealousy is by showing love to all the employee, don't be bias towards some of them, and make their salary structure known to all of them.

You made a nice input. Promotion should be ushered to those that merited it, to enable satisfaction of the employees and reduce the act of jealousy.
This situation is similar in politics, when the rulers make the decision of who is going to be in different hierarchical positions, either by recommendation of political parties or friendships and not because these officials have really earned the position.

This situation is similar in politics, when the rulers make the decision of who is going to be in different hierarchical positions, either by recommendation of political parties or friendships and not because these officials have really earned the position.
You're correct, they earn it cos of reputation and close mutual relationship with other political leaders. They don't gain it cos they are the ideal candidates No, but base on recommendation.

You're correct, they earn it cos of reputation and close mutual relationship with other political leaders. They don't gain it cos they are the ideal candidates No, but base on recommendation.
Maybe there are some countries where they really value the person for his merits and efforts, but from what I have read, most of the promotions are in the way I described, which attracts professional jealousy and discomfort in the company.

Maybe there are some countries where they really value the person for his merits and efforts, but from what I have read, most of the promotions are in the way I described, which attracts professional jealousy and discomfort in the company.
Already man have inbuilt jealousy around its life. But ability to rebook your body when thinking that way helps us to slow down jealousy. If one got promotion by recommendation and not merited those vying same position becomes very jealous to even envy em.

I read the topic of the post and I was telling myself that there is no way to fight jealousy among employees. But these points make so much sense. Salary is one of the main things that cause conflicts and so it is truly best that it remains confidential. Plus being the boss's relative can make the threatened and so it should remain a secret too.

I read the topic of the post and I was telling myself that there is no way to fight jealousy among employees. But these points make so much sense. Salary is one of the main things that cause conflicts and so it is truly best that it remains confidential. Plus being the boss's relative can make the threatened and so it should remain a secret too.
So you may lose friends because your salary and degree at work is increased and your collegue degree and salary stays the same or decreased this causes many conflits at work area so you are right!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds