Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How old were you when you first started your own business?

Some of them may not actually have a lot of value but it can help you to an extent. Iff you are lucky you can get free courses that would help you become successful in whatever you are doing.

I am thinking about applying, but I think that since the courses are offered by Harvard university, i still think that the quality of the course might be still much better than many so-called "paid" courses in here offered by local institutes.

Advertisement Placeholder
The earlier you start to think of how to start your own business ,.the better it will become because you will be able to gain a lot of exposure to how to run a business perfectly.
Actually starting a business more earlier, gives you a better insight as you grow in your physical life. you will be exposed to some certain issues in the business and better ways to tackle them will be easy.

I am thinking about applying, but I think that since the courses are offered by Harvard university, i still think that the quality of the course might be still much better than many so-called "paid" courses in here offered by local institutes.
I am still even thinking how possible it is for Harvard University to offer a course for free whether online or offline. Such courses can only be gotten on platforms like Udemy.

Not yet. The capital needed to start a successful business is not available now. The most important thing I will do is to look forward to raise a capital .

I started my business during lockdown while I was about 21. That was when I realized that I have been missing alot of essential lessons my whole life by not starting up earlier than that.
It taught me how to relate with customers

Money is the most important thing and that is what I put into consideration when thinking of starting a business, I believe business might be easy when you carry out all the necessary research about it.
Actually money is the first thing to consider whenever you're starting or about to start any business of your own once you don't have your money your business ideas or plans will be dormant.

Actually money is the first thing to consider whenever you're starting or about to start any business of your own once you don't have your money your business ideas or plans will be dormant.
I don't think money should be at the top of priority if you are intending to start a business.
I mean, it would be a priority if only you chose to place it as a priority. But the truth is no matter how huge it is you can come up with ways to bring that money

I don't think money should be at the top of priority if you are intending to start a business.
I mean, it would be a priority if only you chose to place it as a priority. But the truth is no matter how huge it is you can come up with ways to bring that money
Well to me, money can be because with money even if you do not know how Businesses goes, you can hire people to be running your Businesses and you pay them.

That is my own point of view too. I wouldn't just wants to start up a business when I don't have the financial capability to handle the business. We have to understand that businesses will not start generating profit immediately after it has been established.

Actually starting a business more earlier, gives you a better insight as you grow in your physical life. you will be exposed to some certain issues in the business and better ways to tackle them will be easy.
Starting a business earlier in life gives you the needed advantage to be ahead of other entrepreneurs when you grow up because you will have the business knowledge and wisdom that surpass their own

Starting a business earlier in life gives you the needed advantage to be ahead of other entrepreneurs when you grow up because you will have the business knowledge and wisdom that surpass their own
Indeed starting from a tender age affords one that privilege of experience that would become really handy latter in life and as one continues to progress in the journey of their business.

That is my own point of view too. I wouldn't just wants to start up a business when I don't have the financial capability to handle the business. We have to understand that businesses will not start generating profit immediately after it has been established.
Yes, it do take some times before a business owner usually start generating profit and at that stage he or she most be at least stable in his or her business dealings.

Actually age does not really matter in terms of running a business even though all humans have there time of struggle and success. it having been long when I started running my business that's to say at my adult age.
A
Yes, it do take some times before a business owner usually start generating profit and at that stage he or she most be at least stable in his or her business dealings.

Actually when you start running a business, it's not expected to start generating profit at a time because it's a gradual process that has to take time after your investment though some are always in hurry to start making profit in business immediately after investment.

I am still even thinking how possible it is for Harvard University to offer a course for free whether online or offline. Such courses can only be gotten on platforms like Udemy.

Well, if you google search for Harvard Free online courses", then you will receive many results. I also never knew that Harvard actually offered such kind of courses until I was told.

Well, if you google search for Harvard Free online courses", then you will receive many results. I also never knew that Harvard actually offered such kind of courses until I was told.
Searching on Google will actually give you some results but if you check well, you will know that those courses are not completely free. There was an online University I signed up on some time ago called University of people and they said that their courses are free but after reading reviews I realised that it is a lie.

As the title states, how old were you when you first started your own business? What was your reasoning behind starting that business and was it successful? I've never had the drive to start my own business, I also don't have the time to look into making my own business.
Actually, I started my official job jus about a couple of years ago but before then, I did small online jobs when I was about 14 years of age and it did got me something.

11 years old. I bought a big box of candy at a flea market for $2. Sold for $20, one piece at a time (200 per box sold at 10c a piece). Did this repeatedly (probably 4 - 5 times) until the school shut down my operation. True story - my teacher actually made me stand up and told the class I had cheated them.

11 years old. I bought a big box of candy at a flea market for $2. Sold for $20, one piece at a time (200 per box sold at 10c a piece). Did this repeatedly (probably 4 - 5 times) until the school shut down my operation. True story - my teacher actually made me stand up and told the class I had cheated them.
This is quite interesting because you have had business acumen since 11 years.
I guess you must have garnered a lot of experience by now and ready to run a bigger business.

Actually age does not really matter in terms of running a business even though all humans have there time of struggle and success. it having been long when I started running my business that's to say at my adult age.
A
Well that is a true that age does not matter when it comes to starting a business is struggling to succeed but starting it early will give you more clearity, experience and strategy to know how things are.

Actually, I started my official job jus about a couple of years ago but before then, I did small online jobs when I was about 14 years of age and it did got me something.
That's good. I also helped my family members to run their businesses whenever I was very little. That was where I got some business ideas.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds