Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🎨 Theme Design How many themes?

For discussions on theme creation and design tips.
I have a main but all in all, members can pick two, and as for me I have like three to pick :p even that one of them is not even been worked on or needs fixing hence why members do not have that

I think at least 2 should be there, both being of different shades, one being light and the other one dark themed. Maybe two more versions of the light and dark themes each can be a bonus.

I currently have four, which I think is pretty sufficient for now. Users can just select the one they’d prefer to browse with. :)

I may add one or two more as time goes on, and I will probably add one for some special events like Halloween or Christmas.

Right now I only have one theme on each of my forums. Both are dark themes since I prefer dark ones, but I have thought about looking into getting a light theme. I know there are people who prefer light themes, and I think it's a good idea to try and cater to every member in your forum.

Just 2, a light and dark version.
Same, and that's all I've ever had. I wouldn't mind adding a theme or two, but I think the current themes we use are simple and have good color combinations for the member base to be happy enough to use.

I have 20... I enjoy making them :p .

With that being said, I won't add any more than that, since any more would be a real headache to maintain.

Currently I have my original dark one (based upon Blackened Pro), then a dark based upon Bolt, a light based upon Bolt and currently working on a "night vision" one that are shades of red/gray/black for use at dark sites.

I think a dark and a light theme, then a 3rd that is kind of fun at the very least. Sometimes the 3rd can be the seasonal theme!

I think a dark and a light theme, then a 3rd that is kind of fun at the very least. Sometimes the 3rd can be the seasonal theme!

This is exactly what I was thinking. I think it would be best to have at least one light theme and one dark theme. That way everyone will be happy regardless if they like the light or the dark. I usually have a 3rd one in case there is a holiday around the corner. I've always made it so that I've decorated the forum for the holiday if I can't get a "holiday theme" on my forum.

I have 40. Most of them made by a great friend of mine who makes forum themes where they're already made and half of them I requested.
For XF... especially if on a "marginal" server... that many themes/styles would really take a bit to process when updating add-ons and such with the templating updating that some of them do.
What script are you running?

For XF... especially if on a "marginal" server... that many themes/styles would really take a bit to process when updating add-ons and such with the templating updating that some of them do.
What script are you running?
I don't use a script, these are Proboards themes I just add under its *.pbt format and that's it.

I don't use a script, these are Proboards themes I just add under its *.pbt format and that's it.
Not real familiar with ProBoards.. but I know that XF has to "recompile" the styles (due to templating) after installing many add-ons.... and the more styles/themes you have, the longer it takes. The templating/styling system under XF is probably a lot more "involved" than with Proboards. From looking at several ProBoards sites... the templating is probably rather simple?
One word would keep me away from it... VerticalScope. :eek:

I have 40.
Wait what?

You ahve 40 installed themes OMG

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor