Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How is my posting?

Advertisement Placeholder
It's very scattered, in two desktop lines you sort of disconnect and bounce between three tracks within the OP and this is a rather on topic example. I have seen occurrences where it seems a hook is being inserted that has sparse relevance to the subject matter. If I had to point out how the OP bounces, what stands out to me is how it goes from one thing to "anyway" to the "of course". At times it seems to make holding a precise discussion difficult, with multiple odd thoughts glued together at a time.That is my honest notation and I hope I've put it well. I don't believe there is issue with the views expressed. Rather I'd focus on the cohesion and substance of the posting, and its overall point.

It's very scattered, in two desktop lines you sort of disconnect and bounce between three tracks within the OP and this is a rather on topic example. I have seen occurrences where it seems a hook is being inserted that has sparse relevance to the subject matter. If I had to point out how the OP bounces, what stands out to me is how it goes from one thing to "anyway" to the "of course". At times it seems to make holding a precise discussion difficult, with multiple odd thoughts glued together at a time.That is my honest notation and I hope I've put it well. I don't believe there is issue with the views expressed. Rather I'd focus on the cohesion and substance of the posting, and its overall point.
OK, so the idea is to eliminate "anyway" and "of course" to some degree. How might that be done?

As I have said before, drama can be good thing in many ways which is why it always annoys me when a topic is on fire and the admin or mods close it down... it also can get users active.

Having said that, I would suggest staying out of "Drama" if you are an admin or mod, unless the forum is specific for that subject (eg you have a politics specific forum) then go right ahead, otherwise I feel you may alienate some of your members if you take a specific side, especially now days where some people literally cannot even talk to each other if they dont agree with the other persons politics..

As admin or mod you at times need to take a more neutral role in conversation.

OK, so the idea is to eliminate "anyway" and "of course" to some degree. How might that be done?

This is where it is tricky because I don't think it is the words themselves that are the trick, rather they are symptoms of how the posts are thought out. Pieces tossed in, rather than following a clearly defined thread of thought. Basically, the suggestion is a more depth in original posts and replies, which will result in more substance for what you want to convey. Beyond the layout of the post is the points themselves: I am encouraging you to look into them more deeply. For example - and I do apologize because I have my own issues in clarity - the point here is not the words being chosen, but rather what they say about how they are being chosen.

(trim for brevity)

I do agree with the thoughts, but this this thread is much more personal in scope - Jason is asking about his own posting, and feedback on how it can improve.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds