Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How Important is Support for You?

Credits
I have worked with many hosting services for websites and Teamspeak 3. Most of the hosts that I decide to use actually have higher costs than their competitors. One host even has frequent DDoS attacks. However, their service is outstanding and I know I can trust their service to help me out any time of the day.

How important is support to your host, and and when do you draw the line at bad service in place of good support?

Advertisement Placeholder
I usually don't rely on support, since I've experienced a huge amount of really bad support personnel (e.g. EA and PayPal) and therefore I don't expect a particularly good support service from anyone. However, when I evaluate the service I always take support into account and if I'm suggesting a service to someone I make sure to let them know if the support is good or not.

I have found that a site's success is only as good as their support. People get turned off if they can't get an answer in a timely fashion. It also is defeating when those in charge have no clue what's going on. :p

Indeed, support is necessary especially when there are issues that perhaps have escaped your understanding. It's good support when the issues were immediately resolved after a chat or two. If the issues recur and technical support keeps telling you to "relax" or "they'll get back to you," then that's not great support.

For me, support is very essential when I'm choosing a hosting service or even a software. It's inevitable that we would encounter issues, bugs or problems when we are first time users of any of this softwares. That's why we need a good support system because we still don't know the ins and outs of the tool. Even if we're already experts in these softwares or we've been using them for a long time, we would still need some help when we're upgrading or maybe choosing another service. So it really is important to make sure that anything you're installing or using has a good support team.

Now, where do we draw a line between bad support and good support? It's easy... Bad support is just like that... Bad. When you ask for some help or even ask some questions, they:

• Have busy lines
  • Blame the problem on your part or even your internet connection
  • Have to ask you to hang up and they will just call you back
  • Say that it's already fixed when clearly it's still not
  • Staff isn't knowledgable about the issue at hand
Of course, good support is the opposite of these things. They are quick to resolve your issues. They always have open lines. They have email support in case the lines are busy. And they won't stop until your problem is fixed.

Support is extremely important to me. It says that the business is worth investing in because they believe in doing what they need to do to earn my business. It's a great indicator that they want to do what's best to earn business, and that translates to lots of other things in the biz

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds