Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How does it feel to fire someone?

D

Deleted member 403

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's never a good feeling to have to fire someone, no matter how detrimental their presence in the organization may be. But it must be done if it will be in the best interest of the organization.

I've never been in a position to sack someone before, but when an employee really want to take life out of me as a boss,I don't think I have the mind to sack,I will rather ask another senior colleague to do the needful.

Concerning how does it feel to fire someone. Well, I have not been in the position or office to have someone sacked before, but I know it won't be a good feeling because am someone is who is emotional and considerate, I rather have such person warned or suspended for a while. There would be a lot of thinking that would have circulated on my head before I can sack someone

In my case, it is terrible even if there are legal or compelling reasons. When the time comes to make a layoff, it is unfortunate, because as we spend time sharing with the employees, we get used to them. But you have to do the right thing.

It depends on why I'm firing the employee. This might not be easy but keeping some persons as a staff in your firm may cause problem for your business in due time.

Its really not an achievement to be the source of someone's misfortune or rather pain but sometimes in other for good to come out some people have to suffer its just natural

It not a good thing to get someone fired but in some cases it might be the best and last option after every other measures have been exhausted. I have never fired someone before but I know people who were fired due to their laziness and unproductive services at work.

its contradicting to fire some so far the person itsnt competent to his duty failure to be delegent in discharging his duty or base on the interests of the organisation

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
It is a very unpleasant thing, when someone is being fired, because the source of income has been automatically stopped, so it is not nice.

It is not really easy to fire someone, as it is an emotional decision for you and obviously for the person who is being fired. Will that person be able to find work somewhere else? What will happen to him/her? What he/she will think about me? What will happen to his/her family? These are some of the questions that would cause me to think about that person.

How does it feel to sack someone? Well, personally, I haven't experienced that, so I can't know how my emotions would run if I sack someone but i feel sacking someone would be a quite terrible feeling as it's not something to be proud of

I have never been in a position where I had to fire someone. However, I have been fired from jobs a couple of times. Getting fired hurts. I always think how can people fire someone, it must be really sadist decision.

So far in my life I have never fired somebody but I have been fired before judging from the expression from the mans face it seems it didn't affect him because he has someone already to take over my job.

There is nothing to feel there about firing an employee of yours. If his person has been a thorn in your flesh for sometime on your business, you have to let the person go

Personally, I don't feel comfortable firing anybody under my payroll, but it depends on what the person did at first. Some workers have bad attitudes that can bring a down fall of your business, you need to fire those workers so that your business will not collapse. But I personally don't like firing my workers

How does it feel to fire someone actually I haven't been in any of this position before and I don't think there should be pleasure derived in firing someone.

Well have not been in a position to fire someone before but i can respond for the employer they fired... Its not a good experience because you think about your responsibilities

I'm a business owner and I don't like firing my employees except I'm left with no option. Irrespective of the relationship of an employee to you, it is very important to make such an important decision if you feel that your business is being affected.

It is will feel very sad for one to be fire a person, that person will never be happy, before a business owner can fire a person the must do something wrong.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds