Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you define wealth?

Over the years the definition of wealth has generated so much curiosity and questions. A lot of different veteran investors, notable business owners , motivational speakers, idealists , academics have defined given different definition to wealth.
Buckminister fuller defined wealth as the ability of a person to survive so many numbers of days forward...
A notable business owner ;TONY was quoted by Charles Richards in his book titled ‘psychology of wealth’ define wealth as having what you really want in life.
These two definition are different from each other but still there’s an atom of correlation in them. Even though the yardstick for measuring wealth has changed over the time yet there’s a common denominator which is the desire to make life better.
From your understanding,How do you define wealth?
I will Define wealth on two fronts. In money and in knowledge. In money as it relates to the amount of cash you have invested in endeavours the brings in continuous cash flow. And in knowledge as it relates to amount of impact you've given to develop mankind's mind.

Advertisement Placeholder
My perspective of wealth is when you have more than enough resources to cover your wants at a particular point in time. Truth is human wants are insatiable, that's why when defining or calculating wealth, you need to involve the time series factor.

It as been said " money is nothing if you don't have good health". Well as passionate as I am about making money and accumulating wealth, this absolutely true. Your body and mind are the most important parts of your life . The enjoyment of the wealth in your life will compound dramatically if you do what it takes to make sure you are in good health. I rather be an employee in good health than a billionaire in cancer.

It as been said " money is nothing if you don't have good health". Well as passionate as I am about making money and accumulating wealth, this absolutely true. Your body and mind are the most important parts of your life . The enjoyment of the wealth in your life will compound dramatically if you do what it takes to make sure you are in good health. I rather be an employee in good health than a billionaire in cancer.
It’s very pleasing reading your write up. I like your own definition of wealth. At least not everyone defines wealth as riches. Health is also wealth. You can only dream of something when you’re alive

Their are too many definition circles around wealth. I will say it is you having both human and non human resources in abundance under your care, under your control and this makes you never to lack anything of any such, you are rich with a lot of assets under your care and control. Essentially,wealth is the accumulation of scarce resources.

To me, wealth doesn't only have to do with money. We tend to attach the meaning to money because overtime that's what its meaning entails. A wealthy person is one who has what he really wants in life, in terms of anything ranging from beauty, spirituality or contentment. Or even the real "money wealth". A person may be wealthy in an aspect but so so,poor in another. So it depends on what aspect of wealth one is talking about.

It is how your life will be with lesser difficulty and have freedom to do things what your heart desire. Of course the desire to help the needy, desire to help others up and desire to what is your purpose in life.

Over the years the definition of wealth has generated so much curiosity and questions. A lot of different veteran investors, notable business owners , motivational speakers, idealists , academics have defined given different definition to wealth.
Buckminister fuller defined wealth as the ability of a person to survive so many numbers of days forward...
A notable business owner ;TONY was quoted by Charles Richards in his book titled ‘psychology of wealth’ define wealth as having what you really want in life.
These two definition are different from each other but still there’s an atom of correlation in them. Even though the yardstick for measuring wealth has changed over the time yet there’s a common denominator which is the desire to make life better.
Wealth has become a necessary part of man in today's world without which he cannot survive in this world. If we don't have wealth, it will be difficult for us to live in this world because in order to get it, man does everything he likes, but sometimes man has made a mistake and to get it in an illegitimate way.

For me, it's to be able to have income to solve my needs.

I like to be able to spend without worrying about where the next meal will come from, or how to solve any emergency that crops up suddenly.

To me, wealth goes beyond having money. The word wealth has become a generic name which cut across general well being of man. That's why people also say, health is wealth. When you say someone is wealthy it doesn't necessarily mean that person is rich in money alone.

Wealth is the possession of a large amount of money, property, or other valuable things. You can also refer to a particular person's money or property as their wealth.and wealth is the accumulation of scarce resources.

Wealth is replicating your ideas in several people in such a way that you pinpoint that this is what I have impacted into the live of an individual.
Having wealth also includes but not restricted to everything life can offer.

Seriously, if it is not anything else but money and landed properties, I don't know what else to call wealth. Although some people may say that any knowledge one have can be classified as wealth. It looks so in a way but it's not really wealth to me.

Wealth refers to some accumulation of resources, whether abundant or not. "Richness" refers to an abundance of such resources. A wealthy (or rich) individual, community, or nation thus has more resources than a poor one.

The famous line goes "Health is wealth". This gives large meaning to our life, as health is considered the most valuable and precious for every individual. ... Good health means not only the absence of disease in the body but a complete physical, mental, social as well as spiritual well-being of an individual. Wealth is something that make us live.
[automerge]1611297331[/automerge]
The famous line goes "Health is wealth". This gives large meaning to our life, as health is considered the most valuable and precious for every individual. ... Good health means not only the absence of disease in the body but a complete physical, mental, social as well as spiritual well-being of an individual. Wealth is something that make us live.

Sorry but I want to be a little practical with this. Wealth is when you have money to feed your self and your family, have a nice house of yours with cars in the compound to move about, be able to extend helping hands to the poor and needy and still have enough left to see to other needs
To me wealth goes beyond money and what money can buy. True be told, the aspect of having enough money to buy or do all that you dream of is a very good thing. But I see wealth further as peace of mind. You can have all the money in the world and be sad and dead emotionally,you can have all the money and yet be sick and all the money won't make you get any better, you can have all the money and still be depressed. Of what use is the wealth if you are not healthy,sad or depressed?

For most of us, wealth is broadly defined as assets minus liabilities (that is, net worth). As advisors, we do our best to re-frame wealth as “more than money,” but the public generally sees wealth as money or financial assets. The more you have, the wealthier you are.

If I could understand the beauty of life and the importance of family that is wealth for me. Simple as I as say but it is true, you cannot measure the family relationship over wealth. When there is a family there is love. That's what defines it.

To me wealth is the ability of a person to possess resources that will serve him for many year without doing anything, that is, how long your riches can sustain you when you stop working, wealth does not only applies to money, it also include assets and knowledge.

For most of us, wealth is broadly defined as assets minus liabilities (that is, net worth). As advisors, we do our best to re-frame wealth as “more than money,” but the public generally sees wealth as money or financial assets. The more you have, the wealthier you are.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds