Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with customers who wouldn't pay?

I guess the one who wrote the thread made the mistake,the thread title is different from the content,I just pick up the thread title and speak about it,I don't know if you understand.
You were actually talking about opening a business online while the thread topic is talking about issues people face while marketing their products. I really think they're very different from each other.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't think there's anything you can do especially if they are doing it for the first time, if they try to do that the second time that's when you can take action.

You must be referring to people who would buy things on credit and then fail to pay them back later. Unless you have proof that the person purchased a product and failed to make payment, I don't believe there is anything you can do about it.

To be honest, it's very hard to deal with such customers.
Some services are hard to revert if you don't get the payment like virtual services and such. If it's a physical product, then there is a chance to get it back but it's not possible all the time, as well.

So, how do you identify such customers and deal with them? Do you have any countermeasure in place to recognize them right away?
If so, please share those tips here.
I think you have to desist from giving that customer items on credit when a pattern of non-payment develops. The aim of a business is to make profit, so this customer should not be allowed to contribute to losses

You were actually talking about opening a business online while the thread topic is talking about issues people face while marketing their products. I really think they're very different from each other.
I know understand the mistake I made, I really appreciate you for letting me know, in your own opinion what are the challenges people face while marketing their products?

In most cases giving products or services on credit should completely be avoided. This is one of the reason so many business are not survive till this day.

Recovering money from customers who have refused to pay is one of the difficult things that you will encounter in business and I just prefer to leave it to debt recovery agents.

In most cases giving products or services on credit should completely be avoided. This is one of the reason so many business are not survive till this day.
That's true, if you are good at doing things like this that's means you are not ready to make your business successful, you need to be very careful with some of the people.

I know understand the mistake I made, I really appreciate you for letting me know, in your own opinion what are the challenges people face while marketing their products?
Just like the poster have said, you could sell things on credit to someone on credit and they will refuse to pay. So in this very situation, what do you think are the steps to take to recover the money or get the customer to pay up?

1. Send a gentle reminder. ...
  2. Send an updated invoice. ...
  3. Ask why the client isn't paying. ...
  4. Demand payment more firmly. ...
  5. Escalate the situation. ...
  6. Hire a factoring service. ...
  7. Hire a debt collection service.

The best thing to do if you observe that people do that in the environment your business is situated is to set a no-credit policy from the beginning. If you didn't do that, you can take note of those who don't pay and refuse to render services to them on credit. It's important to be polite about this though.

After the first attempt, don't just sell any to the customer again unless you've collected your money first. Some customers do it intentionally and they are ready to run down your business

I think you have to desist from giving that customer items on credit when a pattern of non-payment develops. The aim of a business is to make profit, so this customer should not be allowed to contribute to losses

I would never deal with such kind of customers ever again who would not pay me. It is a very bad thing to owe money and never pay people what they deserve.

I would never deal with such kind of customers ever again who would not pay me. It is a very bad thing to owe money and never pay people what they deserve.
It is a bad practice that some people are fond of doing. Individuals are prone to asking for products on credit but default payment of items. It is best not to avail yourself as a business which gives items based on credit

Just like the poster have said, you could sell things on credit to someone on credit and they will refuse to pay. So in this very situation, what do you think are the steps to take to recover the money or get the customer to pay up?
That's true, but I think if you are handling business you are expected to know what to do, If it happens to be me I don't think I can sell my products to those kinds of people again.

You will undoubtedly run against these clients occasionally in your regular business operations. When a customer behaves in this way, you will need to be patient and careful with him so that he can express himself fully. When you feel you can no longer put up with his behavior, you can kindly ask him to leave your store.

1. Send a gentle reminder. ...
  2. Send an updated invoice. ...
  3. Ask why the client isn't paying. ...
  4. Demand payment more firmly. ...
  5. Escalate the situation. ...
  6. Hire a factoring service. ...
  7. Hire a debt collection service.
If a customer doesn’t want to pay then call the police. In Ghana where I am that is considered theft of an innkeeper and they will go to jail if they don’t pay

Last edited:
You will undoubtedly run against these clients occasionally in your regular business operations. When a customer behaves in this way, you will need to be patient and careful with him so that he can express himself fully. When you feel you can no longer put up with his behavior, you can kindly ask him to leave your store.
If you are starting the business for the very first time you'll face a lot of challenges, if care is not taken you might even decide to give up, but giving up will not be the solution to the problem.

That's true, if you are good at doing things like this that's means you are not ready to make your business successful, you need to be very careful with some of the people.
This is always more rampants in the village in which everyone understands and knows each other very well, people will always come asking for product or services on credit even when they know perfectly that they won't pay.

This is always more rampants in the village in which everyone understands and knows each other very well, people will always come asking for product or services on credit even when they know perfectly that they won't pay.
That's true, but I think you are not expected to admit such kinds of things, remember you start up the business to earn money, if you are good at giving out your products without receiving any money you'll definitely suffer.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds