Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with customers who wouldn't pay?

That's true, but I think if you are handling business you are expected to know what to do, If it happens to be me I don't think I can sell my products to those kinds of people again.
What do you expect a business man to do in such a situation? You don't necessarily have to be a business man to think of a possible solution.
Like I have said before, no sane person will keep doing business with such people.

Advertisement Placeholder
That's true, but I think you are not expected to admit such kinds of things, remember you start up the business to earn money, if you are good at giving out your products without receiving any money you'll definitely suffer.
Some villagers may not even want to understand it the way you do . They are just thinking that you are trying to be proud and this could lead to hatred and some other things.

Well, the best way to deal with customers who don't pay is not to allow them to take the purchase item from your store. You have to be clear in stating your principle "no room for credit buying". A lot of us, we're afraid that if we fail to sell on credit, we'll not sell enough product. But that's not true.
Probably, it is important and necessary to apply some policies in your business in order for it not to be exploited. If you are allow people not to pay for a product your business will be ruined.

So, how do you identify such customers and deal with them? Do you have any countermeasure in place to recognize them right away?
If so, please share those tips here.

The best approach is a 20/80 one. You produce 20% of work and fish for any reasons they may back out or cancel on you. You don't want to be in a position where you complete the work only for them to keep it and cancel on you last minute.

Most customers are always like that , avoiding payment after buying goods from the business owner , so the only way to avoid it is to make sure you get your money before giving out your goods ,

It is a bad practice that some people are fond of doing. Individuals are prone to asking for products on credit but default payment of items. It is best not to avail yourself as a business which gives items based on credit

The main problem is that some businesses always prefer purchasing products on credit terms. This is a really big issue. This is understandable because not all the businesses may have cash reserves all the time.

That's true, but I think you are not expected to admit such kinds of things, remember you start up the business to earn money, if you are good at giving out your products without receiving any money you'll definitely suffer.
We are doing business to earn profit and have a better life , and if we are selling in credit , the business will be affected negatively , so we need to always avoid getting involved with bad debtors .

The main problem is that some businesses always prefer purchasing products on credit terms. This is a really big issue. This is understandable because not all the businesses may have cash reserves all the time.
This is an astute observation but in the same vein, if you are collecting items on credit, you should be able to do due diligence and make payments within the stipulated time.

This is an astute observation but in the same vein, if you are collecting items on credit, you should be able to do due diligence and make payments within the stipulated time.

Many businesses allow credit cards as well. There are many people who use cards in here and many people actually become kind of addicted to buying products on credit. This also one of the main reasons why credit cards are becoming so common.

Many businesses allow credit cards as well. There are many people who use cards in here and many people actually become kind of addicted to buying products on credit. This also one of the main reasons why credit cards are becoming so common.
You raise a good point. Credit cards have facilitated the easy purchase of goods but some people have taken advantage of this to continuously purchase products on credit and then find it quite difficult to settle payments

After the first attempt, don't just sell any to the customer again unless you've collected your money first. Some customers do it intentionally and they are ready to run down your business
I dont sell for the customers that I dont trust in the first place and even when i am planning to sell to you on credit , i can only release the good with the amount of price I can afford to loose and if you decided not to pay , then that will be the end of us doing business together .

The only way I would suggest is that you stop selling your stuffs to them. Because if they purchase your item and do not pay , they will always come there because they do know that after all they won’t even pay

The only way I would suggest is that you stop selling your stuffs to them. Because if they purchase your item and do not pay , they will always come there because they do know that after all they won’t even pay
Probably, there is no need for you to sell your product to people who would not pay you. Anyone who does not have money to purchase any product should not even come to your business because if you continue that way your business will go extinct after some period of time.

To sell on credit, is very hard to recover from them,the best method is to be strict while selling good and services for people around you.

Personally I think there is only two ways to deal with such kind of customers behaviour. firstly is to either deny him of supplied of goods or to force him to pay after several effort have been made.

It is never a good thing whenever somebody wants to buy something from you and does not want to pay. I am always going to just hand them over to the law enforcement agency to do their job

Well it depends sometimes. there are some customers who can give you reasons behind there failure to pay you. and for those who doesn't care, you just have to stopped all transactions at the time they needed it most to satisfy their customers.

This is a difficult one because even though you can approach them and ask them they always have the option especially if it is online to block you so that you can no longer make contact. In terms of in-person, if you had the proof that the work was requested and you completed it and they hadn't made the payment, I guess you could get the law involved that might be the only way that thing could progress and you could get your money. It's awful when people do that but unfortunately, there are people out there just like that.

Personally I think there is only two ways to deal with such kind of customers behaviour. firstly is to either deny him of supplied of goods or to force him to pay after several effort have been made.
Well, the first instance you've made us not possible since the customer already have the goods we are talking about here and physical confrontation is not always the best.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds