Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with customers who wouldn't pay?

Claraviolet

Loyal member
Credits
To be honest, it's very hard to deal with such customers.
Some services are hard to revert if you don't get the payment like virtual services and such. If it's a physical product, then there is a chance to get it back but it's not possible all the time, as well.

So, how do you identify such customers and deal with them? Do you have any countermeasure in place to recognize them right away?
If so, please share those tips here.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is a really tricky question. There's no way to identify customers that don't pay. The only thing is to be strict when doing business and refuse to sell on credit.

You have to be very careful with some people because they don't have the intention of paying back what they take from you, you have to be very careful with those kinds of people.

I guess you're actually talking about those that would take stuffs in credit and fail to pay later. I don't think there's anything you can do about it unless you have a proof that the person bought a product and has not paid.

Well, the best way to deal with customers who don't pay is not to allow them to take the purchase item from your store. You have to be clear in stating your principle "no room for credit buying". A lot of us, we're afraid that if we fail to sell on credit, we'll not sell enough product. But that's not true.

Well I think the best way so far to deal with customers who don't have intention to pay is not to allow them to take the purchase item from your store. You have to be clear in stating your principle "no room for credit buying". A lot of us, we're afraid that if we fail to sell on credit, we'll not sell enough product. But that's not true.​

I guess you're actually talking about those that would take stuffs in credit and fail to pay later. I don't think there's anything you can do about it unless you have a proof that the person bought a product and has not paid.
That's true, for me I think the best way to handle this kinds of people is by not rendering them any of your service, there's no point of you working without getting paid.

That's true, for me I think the best way to handle this kinds of people is by not rendering them any of your service, there's no point of you working without getting paid.
That's not even the solution here although no same person will keep rendering service to someone who's already owing them and not likely to pay up anytime soon.

That's one good reason for escrow services. That way the customer or client is obliged to pay or at least make a down payment especially when dealing online. Offline, I'll request a down payment to see how serious they are.

That's not even the solution here although no same person will keep rendering service to someone who's already owing them and not likely to pay up anytime soon.
I think if the person is not having any intention of paying back the money then you have to distance yourself from the person by not offering your services to him or her.

Well, the best course of action when dealing with unpaid consumers is to prevent them from taking the purchased goods out of your store. Your guiding idea, "no room for credit buying," must be stated unequivocally. Many of us worry that we won't sell enough stuff if we can't sell on credit. But that is untrue.

Well, the best course of action when dealing with unpaid consumers is to prevent them from taking the purchased goods out of your store. Your guiding idea, "no room for credit buying," must be stated unequivocally. Many of us worry that we won't sell enough stuff if we can't sell on credit. But that is untrue.
You are right, the best way to handle those kinds of people is by not rendering any of your services to them, those kinds of people will not have the intention of paying you.

I think if the person is not having any intention of paying back the money then you have to distance yourself from the person by not offering your services to him or her.
That is literally what any sane person would do but I think the poster is actually trying to ask what to do and actions to take to make the customer to clear their debts.

That is literally what any sane person would do but I think the poster is actually trying to ask what to do and actions to take to make the customer to clear their debts.
That's just it, the reason why we start up a business online is to earn money,if you want to earn money you are expected to have good experience in what you'll be doing.

Dealing with customers that don't pay is not easy. I think before you apply too much force to collect the money, you need to know the intention of that customers. The customers may want to pay, but circumstances beyond his or her control didn't permit.

The best way to deal with that is by being able to recognize such kind of people and also placing a payment before service rule in them. But one can freely give to someone who is diligent in paying back early.

You have to be very careful there are many people that are not willing to pay you need to recognize these kinds of people and don't sell anything to them

Honestly speaking I will not advise given debt to a buyer or given services as debt.In a situation where by it's necessary and the debtor failed to pay , report him to the authority like police

That's just it, the reason why we start up a business online is to earn money,if you want to earn money you are expected to have good experience in what you'll be doing.
I don't understand your comment. I think you should actually read what the poster said before replying because it seems you don't get the thread topic.
I think this thread isn't about opening a business online.

I don't understand your comment. I think you should actually read what the poster said before replying because it seems you don't get the thread topic.
I think this thread isn't about opening a business online.
I guess the one who wrote the thread made the mistake,the thread title is different from the content,I just pick up the thread title and speak about it,I don't know if you understand.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds