Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with bullying on your forum?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
Retired Staff
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
If you have ever been a forum owner or if you still are one, you will know that even though this is not always common, it can happen and depending on how it is handled could affect your forum either in a good or a bad way.

We all know that the internet is bad for bullying, we may not see it but it is there. It can happen from social media to forums.

If you notice any bullying on your forum, how do you handle it?

Reactions: Ken
I never thankfully had to deal with this on any of my forums, but I would send a private message to the members who are involved with the bullying. I will also give them a warning on their account, and let them know if the behavior continues that they will be suspended for a few days. If the problem continues after they've been suspended, then I'd ban the account. I don't take bullying lightly, there's no reason to bully others.

The one person I've had to ban in the past few years was being a bully.

He was mainly bullying me. I took it for a while but finally got tired of it. I tried to reason with him and he wouldn't change. He is the way he is and that's who he is.

But now he's no longer able to access my community. He made his bed, he can sleep in it.

If you're a toxic person, you don't need to be on my community. That's how I feel about it.

If you have ever been a forum owner or if you still are one, you will know that even though this is not always common, it can happen and depending on how it is handled could affect your forum either in a good or a bad way.

We all know that the internet is bad for bullying, we may not see it but it is there. It can happen from social media to forums.

If you notice any bullying on your forum, how do you handle it?
I either give them a warning or ban that person on the spot. I've been on a number of forums I was a member of where this type of toxic culture and bullying being tolerated and allowed. Everytime these events are reported, no one listens.

Last edited:
It's best to ban the bully ASAP before its toxicity spreads more across the forum. Shouldn't be tolerated at all.

• Love
Reactions: Ken

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor