Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How can we avoid Redundancy in organization?

Ye

Yes it will destroy the good name of that company. Good name as they use to say is better than sacrifice. Employing worker's and sacking at will is an act of wickedness.
We need to plan ahead of time to make our businesses begin to boom instead of poor management.
Although to be entirely honest, I can understand the retrenchments that are happening in companies at the moment, and I feel that this is not as a result of poor management. The pandemic did take the world by surprise, and to have to retrench and let go off employees is necessary for a company to be able to survive into the future. In these cases the best interest of the company would come first and this is understandable given the circumstances.

Advertisement Placeholder
Although to be entirely honest, I can understand the retrenchments that are happening in companies at the moment, and I feel that this is not as a result of poor management. The pandemic did take the world by surprise, and to have to retrench and let go off employees is necessary for a company to be able to survive into the future. In these cases the best interest of the company would come first and this is understandable given the circumstances.
I understand that the pandemic really hit some companies so hard but that doesn't mean that they have decrease in their productivity a good company will find a way to see personnel as a vital tool to bring back the fortune of that company.
Population they said is an advantage, so when you fail to manage and look at numbers to your advantage you now fall back to redundancy. Poor management and unnecessary reasons for evil actions is what is killing most companies.
[automerge]1611040717[/automerge]
I understand that the pandemic really hit some companies so hard but that doesn't mean that they have decrease in their productivity a good company will find a way to see personnel as a vital tool to bring back the fortune of that company.
Population they said is an advantage, so when you fail to manage and look at numbers to your advantage you now fall back to redundancy. Poor management and unnecessary reasons for evil actions is what is killing most companies.

Of course good and productive personnel is required in order to bring back a business during the pandemic and to make up for the losses that were faced during the months for the lockdown, however during those months that they are making up and re-establishing the business it is likely that the business will be unable to sustain all of their workers, as their losses would be too large at that point, or their sales would have decreased following customer financial constraints due to the pandemic. Therefore, it is necessary to have a decrease in personnel on that level. That is my opinion :)

Of course good and productive personnel is required in order to bring back a business during the pandemic and to make up for the losses that were faced during the months for the lockdown, however during those months that they are making up and re-establishing the business it is likely that the business will be unable to sustain all of their workers, as their losses would be too large at that point, or their sales would have decreased following customer financial constraints due to the pandemic. Therefore, it is necessary to have a decrease in personnel on that level. That is my opinion :)
Well I quite agree with you looking back when the whole thing started it was a total shock to the entire system.
The lockdown really shot down and crippled the world economy it was a great disaster to almost all the company.
[automerge]1611045719[/automerge]
Well I quite agree with you looking back when the whole thing started it was a total shock to the entire system.
The lockdown really shot down and crippled the world economy it was a great disaster to almost all the company.

I think to fix the problem starts with employing the right employees. Doing this would reduce the frequency of problems that could lead to redundancy. Also, other form of reprimand for negative behavior should be explored.

Well, redundancy occur every now and then and cannot be totally eliminated out of an organizatiion especially organizations that are not large. Big firms also adapt the redundancy approach in some cases because of the unpredictability of business, factors and policies affecting it. For example, in this covid 19 periods. A lot of employees have been rendered redundant.. A much better approach is to slash down the salary of the employees by a certain amount when the organization is not making profits pending when things will pick up.

Given the case you explain about redundancy in a company, I think it is difficult to avoid it unless you have an employee who is multifunctional in the company and can fulfill multiple functions, depending on the need that arises. Another way is to hire a person for the sole purpose of fulfilling a period of time in the company as long as necessary, such a contract would be for a short or long time depending on the case and would not be part of the workforce.

Redundancy in business can lead to demoralising consequences of an individual,set your plans right before starting up a business,i believe with a well carried out business strategies,redundancy can be avoided.

Redundancy is a situation when the employer no longer requires the job an employee does, it arises when the employer-
* No longer has a requirement for the work an employee was was employed to carry out.
* Has ceased to carry on the business in which the employee was employed or.
* He ceased to carry on business at the place at which the employee was employed.
Now having known all these about redundancy in business, how do you think a business can avoid a situation of redundancy? What are the things a company can put in place to mitigate against redundancy in the organization?
I do not think redundancy can be eradicated in an organization, because there are some staff that will need to be laid off if they fail to meet the expectations of the organization, you can't keep them just because you do not want to sack them. It will bring unproductivity to the company.

It is important to make sure your business is having a direct focus, such that you do not get to employ people whose services are not needed for a very long time. To avoid this, you should get contract staff members and make an agreement so that after the time reaches, they would leave the organization.
This would help avoid the situation you talked about
Exactly this is very important to take note of as an employer, have a requirement that align With The goal of the business and make sure you employ only those that meet up with the speculated requirements, also training and development programs should be made available for staffs

I think that such situations even arise in the first place due to lack of planning. Unless on a company decline, the issue of redundancy should not arise. Over some time, employees should be given opportunities to equip themselves with knowledge that the work place needs.

If one can discipline themselves to curb away redundancy it will have impact in the growth of the business, business should be built be self discipline.

In order for an organization to avoid redundancy, the employees of such organization should always be engaged in constant training and upskilling of whatever skills they came into the organization with .

We can avoid redundancy in any organisation by regular training of employees in new trends market, products branding and new technology. Company becomes redundant when it could no longer meet up with the markets demands of its customers.

Nice that you have explain the concept and meaning. Redundancy can be best manage when you avoid wasting resources. You have to cut off unnecessary expenses during your production.

Right from the point of creating a business. There should be that part where you create room for staff to constantly update their knowledge x skill and competencies to meet standard.

When a business lacks vision for itself into the future, this kind of thing results. You must find something around this situation to enable your staffs to be able to make use of their skills for which they were employed in the first place for.

To avoid redundancy in a company or business one need to have a good plan and also to focus directly to the business, to avoid redundancy you have to make sure that your resources are active in the company.

I believe why most companies hire employees for a contract job is because they don't want this redundancy problem. Most companies normally run a particular job for one to two years during the duration of that contract they get staff to work for that period as well. This is a good way to handle redundancy in jobs.

I have to say that in reply to your question in the above post concerning how to avood redundancy in the workplace pr business is by knowing whp your employees are first of all, get to know them and their importance in your company

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds