Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How can I start fish farming business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to consider the location and the size of your farm. You also need to consider the source of your fish. I think you should refer to your local agriculture for free fingerlings. This is a profitable business and you should have a proper seminar for this.

Advertisement Placeholder
Starting a fish pond business should never be looked down in as something that has no need for one to go and learn,I if you venture into it without having a mentor or guider you may loose your money. Agriculture is a very big money business but it's delicate.
[automerge]1612165628[/automerge]
Starting a fish pond business should never be looked down in as something that has no need for one to go and learn,I if you venture into it without having a mentor or guider you may loose your money. Agriculture is a very big money business but it's delicate.

• Cost of materials
• Cost of feeding the fishes
• Cost of fingerling (fish seed)
• Type of Water
• Marketing
• Distribution

The highlighted above are what you should make research on if you want to start a fishery business

Starting a fish pond farming business could be easy and difficult if you do not do you your feasibility properly. You need to know how profitable it is before you venture into it. You need to also know the risks and other elements involved before venturing into it

fish farming is quite interesting and I can relate with the fact that you fell in love with it. However I want you to know that you just don’t rush into it as it is capital intensive. It requires a lot of capital with the current economy where the prices of fingering and feed are shooting up daily.

As a rough guide, assuming production of 3000 pounds of catfish per acre sold wholesale to a fish processing plant, at least $3,000 per acre will be required for start up and operating costs. This includes minimal or shared equipment, low cost pond construction, feed and fingerlings.

If you are running at a commercial fish farm you will need:

• Land for ponds
  • Equipment for excavating ponds
  • Commercial-sized pumps, aerators, and water sources/reclamation devices
  • Boat, motor, and equipment for cleaning and managing the pond.
  • Industrial fish food supply
  • Fish processing equipment for shipping and exporting

I've been to many places to see different types of fish ponds, and I fell in love with the business. I need an advice on how to start such business.
The population has reached its peak especially in a country like India. The population explosion has led to a greater demand for basic requirements such as food, shelter, clothing, etc. To meet the increasing requirements and demands, we need to apply a greater effort. One such effort to meet food demand is animal husbandry. Animal husbandry includes cattle farming, poultry farming, fisheries.

Fish farm business requires some capital and skills to start.
You need a business plan to start this business.
The business plan will give you an eye opener how your business is going to be.

In this kind of business your need capital, good location and fish farming skill.
Added to this is that you need a borehole running water and employees that will assist you as well.

Fish farms operate for the purpose of raising fish for commercial and residential sales. Many different kinds of fish can be raised in controlled environments, from table fare to exotic tropical species. In addition to growing fish for the purpose of harvesting and selling them to restaurants, many fish farms also serve as fun places where families and individuals can go to fish in the ponds and catch their own supper.

I think fish farming is q lucrative business to invest in because it rewarding and profitable. To invest in fish farming you have to have gathered research from experts and other successful fish farmers and you also need to read books and gather other information about the subject matter.

It is good and in excellent idea to open a fish farming business.There are many hatcheries across the country where you can buy high quality fingerlings and juveniles (young fish) to start fish farming. Getting good quality fingerlings or juveniles is very important in Fish Farming business. It is also advisable that you should be physically present at the hatchery to buy fingerlings or juveniles that have been sorted.

A clear plan is essential for success as an entrepreneur. It will help you map out the specifics of your business and discover some unknowns. A few important topics to consider are:

What are the startup and ongoing costs?
Who is your target market?
How much can you charge customers?
What will you name your business?

Start a fish farm by following these steps:
  1. STEP 1: Plan your Business. ...
  2. STEP 2: Form a legal entity. ...
  3. STEP 3: Register for taxes. ...
  4. STEP 4: Open a business bank account & credit card. ...
  5. STEP 5: Set up business accounting. ...
  6. STEP 6: Obtain necessary permits and licenses. ...
  7. STEP 7: Get Business Insurance. ...
  8. STEP 8: Define your brand.

You have to start by learning fish farming, falling in love with the business is not enough to manage it, you need to acquire the skill. Decide the type of fish to focus on, set a good location and the equipments needed for the farm. You can get two or more workers for a start to reduce the stess

You just have to get a good and conducive location for the farm
A location where you can get water freely and you must try to find the right fish bond and you should decide the right species of fish you want to deal on
And also you a get healthy fingerling or juveniles.

If you are planning for a commercial fish farming business, no doubt fish farming is a more profitable venture. In a commercial fish farming business plan, first need to study about the process of farming fish for a good profits.

Market analysis and business plan are the must to initiate a fish farming business. You should do an intensive market research before getting into it. Then analyze the local market trends and demand for type of fishes. If you are planning for commercial fish farming business for exporting, then talk to fish processing units prior. Choosing exact fish species for your business to get success in fish farming business. Choose fish species for farming depends on the climatic conditions, market demand, maintenance point of view, and as per the availability of resources etc.

There is nothing wrong with you starting a fishing farming but what will be the problem is that will you be able to manage the farming of fishes if you do not have a deep understanding about it ? I think you should go and learn before you think of starting.

Setting up a fish farm is quite capital intensive, much more than that of poultry. Setting up a fish farm requires more careful planning and much capital input. A relatively small fish farm may take up to N500,000 to setup, while bigger ones take millions of naira to setup.

If you ask me, fish farm is a good business idea. One can operate fish farm for the purpose of raising fish for commercial and residential sales. But there are some things you need to consider before going this business. There is more to starting a business than just registering it the state. You can consider the suggestions below.
1. Planning. This is essential for the success of any business. Here you can check the startup and ongoing cost. Your target market. How much to charge your customers. What will be the name of your business 2. Form a legal entity. 3. Register for various Federal and State taxes. 4. You will also consider opening a business account and credit card. 5. Set up business accounting to record various expenses and sources of income. 6. Obtain necessary permits and licenses to avoid hefty fines or even business shut down. 7. Do more research to get the full details about the business you want to go into. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds