Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How can an employee handle an abusive employer

I believe that it is important for the both of you to have a healthy conversation on the way forward. If he is somebody that really cares about his company then you should also be committed to ensuring a smooth workspace.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is important that you should try to fight scenarios like this toe to toe because you know exactly what you are giving the company in return. You should meet him and try to iron things out about how his behaviour is not good.

I think peaceful dialogue is sufficient to deal with these people and situations. Because calling someone aside to complain about how you are being treated should change their attitude towards you, at least with your heart. But if peaceful dialogue does not work, the Constitution needs to regulate such behavior.

An employee can avoid an abusive employer by not doing anything that may warrants the employer from abusing him/her. Though what the employer is doing is totally wrong, the employee must endure if he wants to continue working there.
This is something that a lot of people should also be comfortable trying it out. If the employer observe that you are avoiding them then that is going to at least send a message that they have done something wrong to you.

I think peaceful dialogue is sufficient to deal with these people and situations. Because calling someone aside to complain about how you are being treated should change their attitude towards you, at least with your heart. But if peaceful dialogue does not work, the Constitution needs to regulate such behavior.
Going into a peaceful dialogue is the best way to settle the rift between an abusive employer and an employee but to some employer , that's their only way of life in treating their employee.

Most of them are always very difficult to satisfy. I won't have any business to do with any employees or business manager who believe that the best way to handle his or her employees is to behave rudely. I would have to look elsewhere for employment if necessary.

Communication is one of the most important aspects of business and a lot of people usually neglect this that is why they are not going to be making any progress in terms of relationship.

The employer is most definitely not a ghost so the best thing for them to do at this point in time is to just approach them and explain to them how bad they have been treating you.

The employer is most definitely not a ghost so the best thing for them to do at this point in time is to just approach them and explain to them how bad they have been treating you.
Some of them are just like that by nature and there is no way you can approach them that will help solve the problem any quicker. In most cases when this continue for a long time , it is always advisable for employees to look for another way of getting employment.

I think the first step to take towards an abusive employer is to talk it out. Have a gentle conversation with him or her stating that you don't like the fact that he or she abused you. If things do not get better after that, then it's best you quit. Abusive employers could be really detrimental to one's health.

It's tricky when it's a private institution where your are directly abused by the employer. You really have to be smart in your approach or else you are dismissed. Otherwise if it's a government institution it's not much tricky, there are laws which protects an employee, you can report the abusive boss when you can't bear it any more
I think reporting an abusive boss is the best thing you need to do because sometimes you cannot handle the pressure that comes with that. You can report them to the appropriate authorities like the police and so many others.

I think the first step to take towards an abusive employer is to talk it out. Have a gentle conversation with him or her stating that you don't like the fact that he or she abused you. If things do not get better after that, then it's best you quit. Abusive employers could be really detrimental to one's health.
I think this is also another very good idea. if you have a good conversation with the boss and he or she does not change, the best thing you need to do is to quit the job if you do not want to report to the authorities.

I think this is also another very good idea. if you have a good conversation with the boss and he or she does not change, the best thing you need to do is to quit the job if you do not want to report to the authorities.
Reporting to the authorities is also a nice approach to take towards an abusive employer. Especially if one has tried talking it out with the boss on several occasions and there was no good outcome and also if the boss abuses all his or her employees.

Reporting to the authorities is also a nice approach to take towards an abusive employer. Especially if one has tried talking it out with the boss on several occasions and there was no good outcome and also if the boss abuses all his or her employees.
Probably, if you have talked with the boss and he or she refuses to agree, then you have no other option than to report such person to the authority because they will handle it better.

Sometimes it is always very difficult . But to be able to handle them perfectly you need to really understand what they need because I believe that if they are satisfied the possibility of them becoming more abusive may not be much. Tried and satisfied their needs

Sometimes it could be very difficult or most especially when they are not ready to change. We are humans and we deserve better treatment. It does not worth it for you to be treated badly buy employers just because they have opportunity to give you employment.

This kind of stuff where an employer abuses his or her employee occur often. When an employer of a company/business brand insults his or her employee the one victimized should have that ability to swallow the abuse. Because he or she knows why his working with such business brand. stay calm don't panic, because you know your aim of being in the company. Even the employer went through such melee during his employees days.

There are many employees who have been quitting jobs suddenly. However, this might not be possible in all the circumstances. Unfortunately, if you work a contract based job, then you become legally bind to that job for certain period. This means that you cannot quite your job and you have to endure the bad behaviour.

Sometimes it is always very difficult . But to be able to handle them perfectly you need to really understand what they need because I believe that if they are satisfied the possibility of them becoming more abusive may not be much. Tried and satisfied their needs
If you at a lenient and a God fearing employer , you will try giving your workers a benefit of a doubt just to Make them change after talking to them when they are wrong .

If you at a lenient and a God fearing employer , you will try giving your workers a benefit of a doubt just to Make them change after talking to them when they are wrong .
Yes , some employers may just be naturally wicked . They just believe that is the only way they have to deal with employees so that they won't be taken advantage. Probably it is their instinct behaviour to secure their business.

There are many employees who have been quitting jobs suddenly. However, this might not be possible in all the circumstances. Unfortunately, if you work a contract based job, then you become legally bind to that job for certain period. This means that you cannot quite your job and you have to endure the bad behaviour.
It is very difficult In such situation that you have gone too far into the business and they really understand the psychology behind this. They will always try to use it against you since they understand you can't go back but definitely this is not the best option . There should be some rules that guide how
business management should treat their employees.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds