Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How can an employer prevent employee theft?

Advertisement Placeholder
I am equally totally in support of setting a very good example with the employee who decided to steal from the business where he or she is being paid. This is because if other employees didn't understand the severity of what the person have done and also seen consequences that the person have faced as a result of his or her action, they will not desist from doing that.

Currently at my place of work, we have about six different cameras that are installed in different places within the business premises so that every angle of the business is always going to be captured.

This is because there are some people that will know how to blindside the camera so that they are not going to be caught up, but with several cameras, it is going to be very difficult for them to avoid it.

There are many businesses that also install hidden cameras as well. This is because when they install cameras that could be seen, they never commit a crime considering the fact that they will get caught. It is a good thing if you ask me. However, in case if criminals get access to the cameras, they will try their best to destroy it or try to deactivate it before committing a crime.

There are many businesses that also install hidden cameras as well. This is because when they install cameras that could be seen, they never commit a crime considering the fact that they will get caught. It is a good thing if you ask me. However, in case if criminals get access to the cameras, they will try their best to destroy it or try to deactivate it before committing a crime.

From my experience, knowledge and understanding of human psychology, someone who enjoys stealing will always find a way to try and brick or breach any security that's put in place to track their actions. The CCTV cameras might deter them for a while but all they will be doing is looking for a way to blindside it so they can steal.

First off, creating a positive work environment is super important. When employees feel valued and respected, they're less likely to steal. Simple things like recognizing good work and keeping the communication lines open can go a long way.

Next up, security measures. I know it sounds boring, but having good surveillance cameras and Cables around the place can really help. It acts as a deterrent and also makes it easier to track any suspicious activity if it happens.

I know it sounds boring, but having good surveillance cameras and Cables around the place can really help. It acts as a deterrent and also makes it easier to track any suspicious activity if it happens.
It could be helpful to focus for suspecious activity if it is not used in the bad sense, a lot of employers use camera to show place where employees goes to take a shower at work or for example to replace their clothes with clothes of work or even place to go for example WC and that could has negative impact especially if employer is men and workers team contains womens.

First off, creating a positive work environment is super important. When employees feel valued and respected, they're less likely to steal. Simple things like recognizing good work and keeping the communication lines open can go a long way.

Next up, security measures. I know it sounds boring, but having good surveillance cameras and Cables around the place can really help. It acts as a deterrent and also makes it easier to track any suspicious activity if it happens.
Then, there's the matter of access control. Limiting who has access to certain areas or information can reduce opportunities for theft. You don't need everyone in the company to have the keys to the kingdom, right?

Also, regular audits are a good idea. It might seem like a hassle, but they help keep everything in check and can catch issues before they become big problems.

A criminal is always a criminal and no matter how comfortable that you make an environment be for them, they will always want to find a way to steal from you and such attitude is never good for anyone seeking to stay long in a working environment.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds