Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How can a manager enforce discipline at workplace?

There are different ways to ensure employees follow rules dependents and your own type of way the one you know will be ok for you but for me i think strict rules should be enforced to make employees follow. And whoever breaks the rule should be dealt with accordingly

Advertisement Placeholder
Establish a consistent Code of Conduct describing acceptable and inappropriate workplace behaviour. In specific, tell what defines wrongdoing and provide management leadership training to help managers learn not to bully, but to empower and inspire employees

All he has to do is to set rules and regulations and enforce it, for every staff that breaks the rules they will receive warning, then second time query and all that. You can joke with your staff but let them understand that when it's time for business, no more jokes.

How can a manager enforce descipline. This is a very big one. Imagine a scenario where an undiciplined manager trys to enforce decipline to his subordinates. For you to enforce such, you must be an example of a decipline person first

It is proposed as a business principle that the relationship between an employer and an employee should be a cordial relationship in the workplace.
The employer must not be stuff, he must be able to answer his workers in a calm and polite manner, this can lead to a very conducive work environment.
With this calm disposition that an employer or a manager is expected to maintain, how can he enforce discipline in the workplace?
When I was a manager I was very calm, and I made sure I respected my staff and it was reciprocal, because of this when I give orders they usually carry them out, it is very possible to be cordial with staff and firm at the same time.

As a manager if you want your employees follow discipline you should make rules about your work then enforced it on your employees. Now to enforce keep in mind you should be humble with your employees.

Yeah true sometimes employees may misuse the opportunity given to them cause you have a good relationship with them, I have a friend of mine who complained about his workers being clumsy because he is friendly with them, but sometimes its good to be a little strict with them so they dont misuse their privileges

Before a manager can enforce discipline at his work place, the he must also be a disciplined person already. Because the blind cannot lead the blind, I think when he is disciplined, his workers will surely be disciplined

How managers can enforce or maintain discipline in the workplace. Discipline begets discipline the manager should lead by example whatever he wants from the employees he should be able to demonstrate it first before any other things.

You are the head of the business, so it’s your responsibility to act like one. Many managers don’t bother much about leading their employees and let their employees organize themselves. Leadership is too much hassle, according to them. But what they don’t realize is that it’s worth the hassle and it’s just too important to be left alone. This is most common in the sales industry.

It is proposed that the manager and staff must have cordial relationship between them on workplace. Manager must be able to answer the staff with polite and appealing behaviour.
Management must recognise the achievemens of subordinates and confer them with best possible incentives.

The first discipline allies to the manager first. Is the manager making unnecessary jokes and plays with the staffs? Is his mode of conduct teaching otherwise? If the manager is able to cope and adhere,I think others will see his good examples and follow.

It is normal for every manager to enforce discipline on his worker this is the reason why he is the manager of the company to keep the company going forward. The best way to enforce discipline on your work, is to monitor their work and always give them task

Representative order doesn't involve strength or discipline. It's tied in with making the workplace protected and wonderful for the two representatives and the board. Control works best when there's an establishment of trust among chiefs and representatives. That begins with clear correspondence and proceeds through consistency.

A manage who is not disciplined should not expect to be able to enforce discipline with easy or else he or she becomes so. Discipline should be consider as one great factor of a good manager in any organization.

As a manager you can enforce discipline in your place of work when you first set a good example. You can not tell people to do something and expect them to obey when you're not doing it. By the you're the first to obey the order, every other employees will be compelled to follow suit.

The first thing you need to do after you have employed a worker is to let them know the workplace rules and regulations together with the penalty that comes with each of them for every violation. This is called stick and carrot method, stickers for punishment while the characters for the reward. What is the workers are aware of this and you enforced it, they are going to behave accordingly.

To enforce discipline in workplace, the organization must have a work place code of conduct. This code of conduct should reflect first in the life of the top official. Furthermore, the enforcing of this discipline would be reflected in the life of the workers. In the case of truancy you give warning on three occasions then penalty on the forth one.

A manager can enforce discipline in the workplace by living the life of I do what I request from you i.e be an example if what you expect from your employees. Also, the manager must have a sense of judgement or judging when cases arise

It is proposed as a business principle that the relationship between an employer and an employee should be a cordial relationship in the workplace.
The employer must not be stuff, he must be able to answer his workers in a calm and polite manner, this can lead to a very conducive work environment.
With this calm disposition that an employer or a manager is expected to maintain, how can he enforce discipline in the workplace?
I believe the best way to enforce discipline anywhere, workplace inclusive is by being disciplined oneself. If you live what you preach, it will be easy to enforce it without so much effort. Especially in the work place, you can easily enforce discipline if you are personally discipline, you are known and respected, and you do not have Favourite such that you overlook them when they flout your rules. If such does not exist, then it will be easy to enforce discipline.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds