Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hiring A Lazy Employeee! Hard Working Employee vs Lazy Employee

maventiger

Mythical member
Credits
I keep asking myself why Big companies keep lazy Employees. A CEO of Top Tech company once said he will hire the laziest of all employees to do the hardest Job reason being that such employees due to their nature will device an easier way or technique to get the Job done which tend to be more effective and efficient using less productive hours. Most big companies outdere use this method to get job done because it's cost effective while maintaining the quality as specified by the job description. I once experiment this and the result was awesome ever since and I also noticed some companies have a ratio of lazy Employees they keep at work which ranges from 10% -20% of the total working employees.

If opportuned, Will you hire a lazy Employee to balance the work place?

Advertisement Placeholder
It better to higher a hard working employee than a lazy employee. A lazy employee slow the vision of the business and also kill the business. A hard working employee has potential and work for the success of the business, helps with his ideas in other to achieve it's goals.

Wait, what!?! 😂 😂 😂 Honestly, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard! So, how does he determine at the interview stage which ones are the laziest candidates? Personally, there's no way I'd go out of my way to hire lazy employees because I'd want the most brilliant, sought-after candidates who will deliver superior quality results. Ideally, I wouldn't dwell on penny-pinching so much. I'd offer the best prospects to retain those candidates. But hey, if it works for your CEO friend and you as well, why not? Very interesting approach, though!

Oga dont let anyone blur your vision. No one wants to hire a lazy person, he is just saying it to look good on paper and on tv.its a publicity stunt.
[automerge]1610042681[/automerge]
Oga dont let anyone blur your vision. No one wants to hire a lazy person, he is just saying it to look good on paper and on tv.its a publicity stunt,there is always alot of people looking for employment why would he jeopardize his business by retaining lazy folks.

You really can't tell if an employee is lazy or hardworking until you have worked with them for a period of time. There are too many things you discover about people when you work with them. When you know a person is lazy, you will do your best to avoid putting them on your team.

It is not good for a company to hire lazy employees. Its affect on company's reputation and it also destroy company's growth. So a company must hire hard worker employee either they are fresh or experience.

Hiring a lazy employee is very risky, like you have said, lazy employee wwould always look for easy and less stressful way to get their job done, this technique might not be actually effective which might affect the productivity of your business. Hard-working employees would give their best instead

I’m just going to go ahead and cut to the chase here. Lazy employees kill a business. Lazy employees are ones who do what they need to do to get by. They do “just enough” to not get fired. They are never the ones to go above and beyond. They will never take on extra shifts or ask for more work. They take shortcuts whenever possible and may offer your customers just enough customer service to be considered a shelf above unacceptable. They are not engaged employees and have no desire to be. They are clock watchers who can not wait for 5pm. Lazy employees might definitely work for some big business owner but never try it with your small upcoming business.

As funny as this is, I can testify that this is true even bill gates co-owner of Microsoft once said the laziest people gets the job done quickly and also they device quick method to get their jobs done. This doesn’t mean the hardworking are different.

Lol I find this funny, cause no matter the logic and philosophy behind what you just explained. You actually want to hire someone who will get the job fast and effectively. You will even get a sort of peace of mind when you know you have your best people on the job.

I don't think those companies you mentioned hiring lazy employees are really lazy. They aren't lazy when you look at it, in the right perspective they look sharp and hardworking. If they can accomplish such task within some duration of time, then why branding them lazy??

As employer of labour different people have what they see in employee before they employ them. But as far as am concerned I don't see myself hiring a lazy employee just because he or she will have a more effective way to get something done. I think if an employee is lazy he or she won't be productive in the place of work.

It better to higher a hard working employee than a lazy employee. A lazy employee slow the vision of the business and also kill the business. A hard working employee has potential and work for the success of the business, helps with his ideas in other to achieve it's goals.
Imagine putting you in a team of Ten hardworking employees to complete a project that will last for one month. Being in a midst of very hardworking like mind will create an hostile environment because all team member will focus more on Job briefing and execution according to what the company stated or think about the Job. Just imagine putting one lazy person in that team and observe what he/she will be doing, such person will keep thinking outside the Job briefs, to get the best way to get the job done in more effective and efficient way.

Imagine putting you in a team of Ten hardworking employees to complete a project that will last for one month. Being in a midst of very hardworking like mind will create an hostile environment because all team member will focus more on Job briefing and execution according to what the company stated or think about the Job. Just imagine putting one lazy person in that team and observe what he/she will be doing, such person will keep thinking outside the Job briefs, to get the best way to get the job done in more effective and efficient way.
I don't think those companies you mentioned hiring lazy employees are really lazy. They aren't lazy when you look at it, in the right perspective they look sharp and hardworking. If they can accomplish such task within some duration of time, then why branding them lazy??
I can't agree less with you man! Those we termed hardworking employees most times don't think outside the box. They stick to job briefings and execution as planned by the company without little or no intellectual contribution to answer the question that face most project "What is the best way to execute the project?". I know all businesses are not equal, but we have some that really value productive hours, and project duration.

I know where the lazy employees are very useful in business. A employee always is very smart and try doing any job assigned to him or her in a unique and simple way to save time and idle. So if an organization is really large, the employee can choose to employ both lazy and hard-working employees to make things balance in the organization.

What's the purpose to hire a lazy employee....what I see in most the companies is hardworking employees quickly reached to good position and get quality bonus because of their active nature while lazy persons just stick tthere where they were appointed

Laziness is different from competency. From your illustration, it is glaring those guys are competent. At times people judge workers based on some other workers. The fact is that the best one worker can go maybe the starting point of another worker. Efficiency should be used rather hard work.

I can't agree less with you man! Those we termed hardworking employees most times don't think outside the box. They stick to job briefings and execution as planned by the company without little or no intellectual contribution to answer the question that face most project "What is the best way to execute the project?". I know all businesses are not equal, but we have some that really value productive hours, and project duration.
You talked wisely, I don't agree with the poster of this thread, concerning how lazy employees works exceptional than the hardworking one. Automatically that lazy employee, he talk it's lazy made u_turn and become hardworking. No lazy person can succeed in any business or company.

You can hire a lazy employee (how do you even know that at the point of recruitment?) if you are ready to bear the consequences. Anyone that detests sloppiness won't want lazy people around them and in a business for that matter.

Lazy employees will always drag down the success of the business. Because they will always neglect their duty, delay and not perform their obligation as expected but the hardworking ones will always promote the success of the business. and perform their duty.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds