Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had to deal with competing businesses?

I have been into competition before but then I did not allow it to shake me because I instead learnt what they were doing that I was not doing and then Incorporated it into my business.

Advertisement Placeholder
Every business as a competitor,i will go into deal with my competitor as long as it will be profitable to my business,and I will love every deal to be documented,if it is a competition business I just need to restrategize and sort out things for good

That is true. Competition is inevitable in all business types. You will have to take time and do strategies that are meant to increase customers or clients to you. That is through improving your quality and creating more awareness.
Even if you are the first to start a business in your area. The moment people realised the business is profitable, other would start the same business and even add incentives just to gain more customers.

Sometimes, completion in business is good. Only when you look at it as someone doing the same thing as you and think about how you can make yours unique. I've had people do the same things as me but I never really saw them as competition. I knew how unique my product was.
In the field that youare in there will definitely be some competition,and the beauty of the whle thing is that it will actually make you to be on top of your game and creave to always give out the best of yourproducts or services.

Inasmuch as the sky is wide to accumulate everyone. Competition is indeed healthy in any business which could help in constructive decisions and innovative ideas.

I've been handling them squarely, its actually a motivation to me as a person to double the worth of my own investment.

Sometimes competing in the industry isn't easy. Sometimes you encounter competing companies that want to drag you around. Have you ever had to compete with a company that did similar things as you? How did you deal with it? I've yet to deal with too much, but I have had to speak with competing companies in the past, but it was more for a team-up than anything.
Sometime it is necessary you have competitor in business because it help you to come out ot your comfort zone and help you figure out better way of repackaging your product.

Compering business has been one of the major challenges I have faced in my local business in such situation whereby my neighbor's produce the same product as I do.

You must see what your competitor is providing which you do not. You must also test the quality of the product of your competitor and compare it to your product. Is your product really good as compared to that of your competitor's? This is a main question you must ask yourself.

You must see what your competitor is providing which you do not. You must also test the quality of the product of your competitor and compare it to your product. Is your product really good as compared to that of your competitor's? This is a main question you must ask yourself.
Yes this is a good approach, instead of avoiding your competition, get to understand them, find out what makes them unique, and improve on that aspect to get the upper hand in your business. Find out their weakness and work on that part for your business.

Yes this is a good approach, instead of avoiding your competition, get to understand them, find out what makes them unique, and improve on that aspect to get the upper hand in your business. Find out their weakness and work on that part for your business.

Well, the sad thing is that there are many customers who would only like to deal in credit. Whenever a customer deals in credit, the chances of you being in a bad debt increases. this is because some customers may scam you and never pay in the first place. Credit is not bad, but scammers are certainly bad people.

Well, the sad thing is that there are many customers who would only like to deal in credit. Whenever a customer deals in credit, the chances of you being in a bad debt increases. this is because some customers may scam you and never pay in the first place. Credit is not bad, but scammers are certainly bad people.
What you just said is very true, I know of someone who once made sales to a friend based on trust that the friend would pay back, but he did not, the so called friend refused to pay for the goods till date.

Sometimes competing in the industry isn't easy. Sometimes you encounter competing companies that want to drag you around. Have you ever had to compete with a company that did similar things as you? How did you deal with it? I've yet to deal with too much, but I have had to speak with competing companies in the past, but it was more for a team-up than anything.
I haven't but I know how it feels to have a competing industry,but sometimes its helps allot in terms of the development of the industry, further more competition help in everything's we do ,and In our daily activities not even in business or industries
[automerge]1632664702[/automerge]
I haven't but I know how it feels to have a competing industry,but sometimes its helps allot in terms of the development of the industry, further more competition help in everything's we do ,and In our daily activities not even in business or industries

Yes I can remember when I was running a Salt business and I had a Neighbor that oppressed me with his already established customers ofcourse then I was new to the market but I never relented. That was my experience though.

What you just said is very true, I know of someone who once made sales to a friend based on trust that the friend would pay back, but he did not, the so called friend refused to pay for the goods till date.

There are many such in my city, too. People always take advantage of such shopkeepers and cheat them. This is why many shopkeeprs have sign boards and notices in their shop that they do not allow credit under any circumstances. Lol! :)

There are many such in my city, too. People always take advantage of such shopkeepers and cheat them. This is why many shopkeeprs have sign boards and notices in their shop that they do not allow credit under any circumstances. Lol! :)
Lol and I don't blame them for taking such actions, in most cases the person you might trust feeling they would pay later might actually be the one to disappoint you. They would be giving silly reasons just so they would not pay, it is really not fair.

Lol and I don't blame them for taking such actions, in most cases the person you might trust feeling they would pay later might actually be the one to disappoint you. They would be giving silly reasons just so they would not pay, it is really not fair.

Yes, there are many people who always break the trust of people. Since there are many people who cheat, I have decided that I shall never give away my good on credit to anyone and it does not matter if the customer is old or new. This is what I call "retailing fraud".

I haven't really. It is not that competition doesn't exist but I know what my product offers and I also know my market that precisely wants that. The market is big enough for everyone.
This kind of mentality for a business is very good and I would advise everyone that has a good product should not fear any form of competition in fact issue even call you to improve more in the quality of your product.

Nope. Competitions are always thought as rivals praying for ones failure, every man for himself. Unless the deal for their mutual benefits, I can't see competition making a deal

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds