Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has anyone worked as a home tutor?

I want to work as a home tutor within this period that I am home from school. I believe I a going to make good money from doing it.

Advertisement Placeholder
When I was 15 years old, I was offered a job of a home tutor by someone in our neighborhood. They wanted me to teach their 5 years old kid. Hone tutoring is a part time job and in the past 5 years, I have worked as a home tutor numerous times.
Since I've started working in my life teaching or home tutoring is the last job I always very think of,all because the work seems to be boring and the pay as well is nothing to talk about.

Well, I have never tutored as a job to get paid but in the past, I have tutored my younger sibling and even do same and will do that for my kids also.
Working as an home tutor is one of the best offline job because most of the time it pays more money than the actual school teaching job, but you have to have passion for teaching in order to be able to do it.

I have not any one yet, but it is so interesting reading other people's comments on how things work as no knowledge is a waste. With the earnings from this, one can use it to settle one or two bills. Or even gather the money to start up a business or investment. It is just my opinion.

Just done with my science courses this session and I am pretty sure that I would be able to offer home tutoring services to people, but I don't know where to get the offers.
To get home tutoring you will need to talk to those that teaches in private schools to help inform their pupils in case they needs home tutoring but it is easier to get if you are a teacher.

Wow, that's interesting to know that you had started working a a home tutor when you were just fifteen years old. That's hilarious I must say. I have never worked as a home tutor before though

To get home tutoring you will need to talk to those that teaches in private schools to help inform their pupils in case they needs home tutoring but it is easier to get if you are a teacher.
I am already working on that and I believe that it would work out in no distant time. This is not something that would prove difficult.

Yes for my type I have worked as a home tutor in the past and believe me this is a very exciting experience. It is exciting if you are lucky to meet smart students and it is unfortunate if the students you have are liable to subject you to necessary pressure

I am already working on that and I believe that it would work out in no distant time. This is not something that would prove difficult.
I wish you good luck on that but when you do secure one, make sure the terms and conditions of your services are clearly spelt out because some parents will refuse to pay at the end of your service.

Last edited:
I believe this will not be a difficult task to achieve since you're very much ready for the task of being a tutor. The schools can help you on that front as well. Good luck

I wish you you good luck on that but when you do secure one, make sure the terms and conditions of your services are clearly spelt out because some parents will refuse to pay at the end of your service.
Thanks for this tip and I believe that it is something I would make sure I check and get done before agreeing to tutor anybody's daughter or son.

Working as an home tutor is one of the best offline job because most of the time it pays more money than the actual school teaching job, but you have to have passion for teaching in order to be able to do it.
I love teaching but lack enough patience, so I would rather tutor adults or coach people preparing for exams who need help in certain areas.

Even I have taught people at home before but I didn't really charge money so I won't refer it as a work. Sometimes people get juicy offers from rich people.

I was working around 4 years as a home tutor. It was really a joyful journey to share my Knowledge to younger generation. I am still connected to the students and their family .

I love teaching but lack enough patience, so I would rather tutor adults or coach people preparing for exams who need help in certain areas.
That is going to be much better as teaching young children require a lot of patience that would enable them to learn properly.

That's the issue , most parent don't normally cooperate, they normally sees that job as a job for humanity that doesn't deserve an appreciation, but there are some parents that will turn you to god for teaching their kids
Why can work as a home tutour if you are she has the basic skill for teaching bus times most homes do employee home teachers to come and teach their children.

Why can work as a home tutour if you are she has the basic skill for teaching bus times most homes do employee home teachers to come and teach their children.
They beleieve home teachers are pauper and instead of putting theirselves in people shoes and sees the pain they are going through will makes them realises we are all human.

I once worked as a mathematics home tutor when I just finished school. It was for a bit wealthy man so I was being paid very well and was happy the child was learning.

I am also a home tutor alongside my offline job, I was contacted by someone who knew I was well educated to tutor his son and it has been going good, it's been helping me learn too, it's just that the pay is quite low.

When I finished my secondary school education at the age of 17 i work as an home tutor in my area although its not the best experience for me because I didn't get paid

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds