Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has anyone worked as a home tutor?

I'm not good with people, so I've only tutored my siblings. Teaching and making sure the person understands is not easy and I would choose other jobs over it.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, I've worked as a home tutor for several years. The experience is worth it because it widens my horizons but some parents don't get to pay on time.

Becoming a home tutor can be very profitable for some people especially school teachers. Some teachers complement it with their job and make extra income.
One thing that I have found out the about onto the ship is that it is very lucrative especially when you're doing it with other jobs as you would only have maybe one hour or two hours to teach student every day and at the end of the month you have another source of income in addition to any other job that you were doing with it.

I've done this since I was in secondary school for little children that were close to us and did it when I was in the higher institution for few of my course mates in their crib. Yeah.

I'm not good with people, so I've only tutored my siblings. Teaching and making sure the person understands is not easy and I would choose other jobs over it.
You are right its not easy connecting with students in order to have a good teaching environment with them, you must first let the student like and believe in you which will make your works easy.

I haven't before but now during my posting by my government to serve my nation, I've found out that it's really rewarding. A friend of mine did work as a home tutor and asides the fact he was being paid, he was receiving gifts in kind too

Tutoring sometimes can be more profitable than teaching profession itself, I know this because I have once worked as a home tutor combining my few house fee was more than a teachers salary in my street.

When I was 15 years old, I was offered a job of a home tutor by someone in our neighborhood. They wanted me to teach their 5 years old kid. Hone tutoring is a part time job and in the past 5 years, I have worked as a home tutor numerous times.
Yes, I have worked as a home tutor...just once though.
That was during my service year, I got to tutor a six year old. It was part time and even though the pay was small...the little girl made it easier for me.

I have never worked as a home tutor before because I don't have the required skill that is needed and personally I do not even have interest in teaching because I just consider it as the type of profession I will not like to engage into.

When I was 15 years old, I was offered a job of a home tutor by someone in our neighborhood. They wanted me to teach their 5 years old kid. Hone tutoring is a part time job and in the past 5 years, I have worked as a home tutor numerous times.

When I graduated from the University and went for one year youth Corp program that's sanctioned by our Federal government, I took a big park in home lessons tutoring which paid me well.

Home tutoring is well paid job in my home country as well. If you are employed by rich parents, sometimes you can earn 50 percent of the salary that you would normally earn by teaching full time in a school.

Yes, I have worked as a home tutor.
I got to teach and advanced woman who wanted to improve on her spoken and written English. But that was for less than two months as she had to travel out of town due to some health challenges.

When I was 21 I worked as a teacher for some children and it really works very good and they're always proud of that, as of now some of them are in college.

Yes i have, during the lockdown from march to may I had the teach my sisters and their school friends around the neighborhood Math because they had exams after the lockdown.

I was almost offered a similar job last year but I couldn't accept it because I had another job taking off my time. So I debunked the part time teaching job

Teaching kids can be very frustrating especially when you don't have the knowledge on how to handle kids. I tried it out once and it was very challenging for me to cope.

I once took the job of teaching to some kids though is the best experience ever to me, but it really not easy at all because to even control them is very big hard.

I have home as a home tutor before and my days of work it was smooth and cool I enjoyed the job but its was not something I really was called for.

Yes I have when I was much younger at 17years old, and I was so good at it that parents kept referring me to their friends,I really made a lot of money back then

Yes, that's the good thing about getting to work for a family as their kids tutor master or lady. If you are good at your job, they will keep on recommending you to so many of their friends.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds