Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Gifts form(Cash or other physical entities) from the company

I agree with you. It's much nicer to be given a gift that isn't cash from one's company. One can always see the gift and remember that one was rewarded for hard work.
Gifts keeps memories alive while money gives a short time memories. I prefer to be given gifts inform of kind and not money but if am giving as cash I will aslo accept and buy a property that will always remind of the gift.

Advertisement Placeholder
I will also prefer a physical gift if a company want to send me gift. Cash is also good and I will accept it if given.

But for memory sake, I will prefer physical gift to cash.

In my own idea all of them are good, anything I get I'll be glad to have it remember I don't pay for it it's just a gift, anything I have been given ill just appreciate it.

I would prefer a thoughtful gifts that's I can use for a long time. Most employers around me do this, and those who give cash are usually very stingy and don't give a lot of money.

I would prefer cash because it would enable me to quench out some fires I have financially. But if it comes in form of a gift I would not reject it but I always prefer cash.

In my own idea all of them are good, anything I get I'll be glad to have it remember I don't pay for it it's just a gift, anything I have been given ill just appreciate it.
I believe that physical entities would be better for one to making you remember.
Unless you are financially under pressure , I think it would be better to have it in kind.

I believe that physical entities would be better for one to making you remember.
Unless you are financially under pressure , I think it would be better to have it in kind.
You have a point there, if you are doing something under pressure you are not going to have the best results you are looking, you also need to be calm.

If it's a gift for my office or working place depending on the location I could choose another form rather than cash for example I have these plans of talking to my boss about some vehicles I saw parked in his old house for just no use, if he is willing to sell it is going to be at the discounted price and available.

What would you prefer, when your company wants to send out gifts to show goodwill? Would you prefer to get it in the form of cash? Or would you want the same, in some other physical form?

As for me, I wouldn't want to get cash from the company. If it's something else, then I would be able to remember that memory for a very long time. However, not many people agree with me for some weird reason.

What about you guys? Would you agree with me?
Or would you prefer only money to remember the event?
Gifts like "souvenirs" that represent the company are always nice, to have and to keep... and to remember. 🙂
But then again, during the Holidays 🎁⛄ companies and bosses are known to give out Christmas bonuses, and that's usually cash or gift cards. Both are nice IMO.

Honestly, if you're going to give a gift as a business owner, I think money is perfect. Main reason, is that people are hard to shop for. Who's to say the item you buy will be something the worker will be happy with. I think with money at least, it gives them the option to use the money how they see fit.

I also believe that money is the best form of payment, for example, I recently received an Amazon gift card and I haven't used it yet, and I don't know what to use it for, I think that if they had paid me that amount in real money I would have given it a better use, but hey, I don't unworth from gift cards either, there are many people who like to be paid in certain websites with gift cards.

@riberet19 - Gift cards are a really popular way of paying people. I think that this concept is also gaining much popularity in many countries, including many tier 3 countries. However, it has yet to gain a lots of popularity before they could implement things properly. Gift card scams are also quite common.

In my place, it is common for a staff to receive cash gifts during the holidays. When leaving the company, either as a retiree or leaving for better opportunity, the company also give some souvenir to their staff. Likewise, it is also common to give gifts and token of love to appreciate achievement of the staff.

I'll also not prefer cash as well, the gift will be a rememberance for my time spent there and I can also show to people that I've served meritoriously and was honored. Those will also add to my reputation as well.
You are absolutely right, if you ask your company for something then they have to remember it always, if you give cash to them then they will remember it for some time and then forget it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds