Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

💬 Platform Discussion Flarum

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.

TwitchisMental

Reputable member
Credits

Flarum is a more modern forum software. It has a different type of layout compared to most.

It isn't installed in your traditional way either. I am not the biggest fan of its layout, but do find it to be a pretty cool piece of software..

Anyone else used Flarum?

I've never used this software before, though it is cool that there's a free forum host that allows you to mess around with Flarum if you want to. I know there's a user named Dilip who used to use Free Flarum for his forum, but he ended up migrating to Woltlab though.

The first 10 minutes of reading the code I was excited until I started find anti-pattern usage throughout the code. It's probably pretty decent from a users' point of view but as a developer it drives me crazy. But, again, that it just my opinion.

I heard of Flarum a few years ago. Seems like it hasn't really kicked-on since then. I like the simplistic design, it's similar to Wordpress to an extent.

When I was starting Crafter Craze, I actually wanted to run with Flarum, but the guy who was going to set the forum up for me talked me out of it. I'm kind of glad because even though the forum looks sharp, it's too simplified and difficult to organize (from what I saw).

Had looked into Flarum a few years ago for starting up a project. At the time you could only get it running through some tricky (to me at least) install steps and I actually found that Discourse, which is very similar, easier to work with.

I find it looks disorganized and confusing for the user which doesn't create a great user experience, have followed development on it for a few years and not overly impressed. It might suit certain niche websites though but not my cup of tea. Having said that, I do struggle with going outside the traditional forum layout.. yeah im way to old school lol

When I was starting Crafter Craze, I actually wanted to run with Flarum, but the guy who was going to set the forum up for me talked me out of it. I'm kind of glad because even though the forum looks sharp, it's too simplified and difficult to organize (from what I saw).
Did you not even think about doing it anyway on another server just to give it a try?

I mean it might turn out easy and better ;P

I find Flarum is alright, it has a specific point of view and executes on that well enough. That point of view isn't what I personally would want in a forum building tool, but I can see some communities would get on alright with it.

I find Flarum is alright, it has a specific point of view and executes on that well enough. That point of view isn't what I personally would want in a forum building tool, but I can see some communities would get on alright with it.
Good to see you my friend :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor