Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Feedback on a work in progress

Tracy

Royal member
Bronze Member
Website
astrowhat.com
Credits
Am working on tweaking the standard XF theme to fit with the site I converted over from SMF.
Realize, it's a work in progress, and is (in the over decade I've been using XF) the first time I've ever worked with changes to the base Xenforo style, I usually purchase a style. I want to keep it somewhat "topical colored" due to the niche of the site.
I'm not really targeting any real "fancy" for it... just a base solid style that doesn't look like another XF site.
I do have some navigation bar tweaks planned, and some customizing of the RMS/AMS/CAS also (with custom fields and tweaked prefixes).
Suggestions/comments would be welcome.

Site is here.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know.. I know I did the BB code for the link.. guess in some other stuff I never saved it... should be updated.
It was linked also in my sig though.
I'm playing with a 2 column layout on the main page.. but haven't gotten it to where I want yet... it's rather blocky compared to the paid styles I normally use.

I'd be tempted to get rid of the inner shadow on the content blocks - it throws off the alignment slightly. What I mean is that under the forum title it looks like there's a pixel missing on the right and I think it's because of the inner glow/shadow.

The padding/margin between content blocks is also larger than the spacing between the forum title and the content blocks.

Couple of small changes I think.

Thanks....
Pretty sure I'm about to get with Russ over at PixelExit and grab one of his styles that will work.... problem is most of his are not earth toned... so it will still take a lot of work to tweak.
He did offer me a "sample" style to play with... but prefer to use one that is regularly updated. Messing with styles at this extent is not something I'm really interested in... got "bigger" fish to fry on stuff that can actually be used for content on my main site.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor