Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Favourite Graphics Software?

I use Photoshop and Aseprite but my favourite... Deluxe Paint IV for the Amiga.

Since I'm no web designer, I can usually use the online graphics editor Pixlr to do simple stuff I need to be done. Other times, MS Paint may even do the job. I like Pixlr for the basics.

I stick to using Gimp, it's free and does all that I need it to. If Adobe allowed customers to purchase separate downloads for their products, I would possibly switch but I just don't really need other software other than maybe Premier for video editing. (And even then I use daVinci Resolve for that.)

I love using Gimp, I have used it since 2.4 without much issue. 3.0 is coming around the corner(slowly.... lol) and it has a-lot of stuff to look forward too.

Adobe CS2 use to be my jam, I miss it cause I knew a lot about it through general usage.

I have the 2022 version now but eh, I don't really do much on it anymore so its a little alien to me,

I use Photoshop, Affinity Designer, and Affinity Photo. Sometimes I'll use GIMP when the graphic requirement isn't heavy changes.

I've been using Canva this year and absolutely love it. Normally I would use Corel Suites to do things, but Canva makes it much easier and I love that there is a free version. Maybe someday I can afford the Pro, but for now, I can do what I need.

I've been using Canva this year and absolutely love it. Normally I would use Corel Suites to do things, but Canva makes it much easier and I love that there is a free version. Maybe someday I can afford the Pro, but for now, I can do what I need.
Canva? Never heard of it honestly. Does it work similar to Photoshop?

Canva? Never heard of it honestly. Does it work similar to Photoshop?

Yes, I'm assuming so. A lot of the Quick Keys are similar to the ones I use for Corel Draw, except the Ungroup is not ctrl U and underlines text instead.

Need a square? Press the r key and up pops a square on the canvas for you to stretch, change the color, double click on it and you can have text inside that's perfectly centered. Super easy to learn how to use it.

I use Photoshop and have specifically been using CS5 for the longest time. I also use ArtRage from time to time.

I'd love to get away from the monthly cost but I can't go without Photoshop! It may be worth another look but when I need to do something for graphics (which isn't much these days) PS is always the fastest way to get it done.

When it comes to creating graphics which I do enjoy and I also enjoy learning as well, I enjoy using GIMP but I have also found that Canva is also great for creating graphics as well so I am learning more as well as there is so much you can do with Canva.

Have used GIMP and Photoshop. Occasionally find myself dabbling in illustrator at some points but mostly Photoshop.

Being comfortable with someone is the biggest thing and at this point I'm pretty comfortable with Photoshop in comparison to anything else so that's my go-to for anything graphics related.

Perhaps I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised that so many already mentioned Photoshop, I actually thought more people were moving away to other tooling especially when CC came around. I used to love working in it but sadly I haven't touched it since CS5/CS6 maybe?

Nowadays I use Figma mostly for web design and Affinity Photo if I need to do something more akin to what I used to do in Photoshop and it seems to work out ok 😅

I feel like this sentiment doesn't get said enough:

Also, I wonder how long it will be before Adobe adobifies Figma after the buyout.

Also, I wonder how long it will be before Adobe adobifies Figma after the buyout.

Hopefully long enough for me to find something else I like to use! I found penpot.app which is quite similar but I've not had any real need to give it a good try yet.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor