Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Family issues and problems in business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonaville1

Mythical member
Credits
Most times I have witnessed people take goods or receive services but won't pay, all in the name of 'the owner is my brother/sister' so I don't need to pay. This happen between husbands and wives too. But is this really appropriate? This is someone's means of livelihood, so I feel that unless the person willingly gives it, it is cruel and unfair to forcefully take things without paying, whether you're family or not. Remember, no family in business
What is your opinion on this?

Advertisement Placeholder
Business is a separate entity on its own and as such the business and the family should be separated from each other, allowing interference would result into problems , the two should be clearly separated if the business must grow

It is always best to separate business from family whenever you plan on starting any business because issues like this are always bound to happen and the only way you can deal with them is by setting those boundaries at the very beginning.

I agree with you, I've seen it countless times. But this is not always the case, my brother has an appliance repair business, and any family member who needs repair or to buy something must pay. In I agree and I support him, the family must be very separate from the business, since that is their work environment and the work of all family members must be respected.

Hahaha, it's a common issue and trend for family members to abuse trust. When it comes to business, you have to be very strict with family members. Let them know your stand that you can't offer goods and services on credit no matter what happens. It's better they check elsewhere than to joke with your business. Any business owner who wants to be successful must be disciplined.

Most times I have witnessed people take goods or receive services but won't pay, all in the name of 'the owner is my brother/sister' so I don't need to pay. This happen between husbands and wives too. But is this really appropriate? This is someone's means of livelihood, so I feel that unless the person willingly gives it, it is cruel and unfair to forcefully take things without paying, whether you're family or not. Remember, no family in business
These situations have great negative impact on business development. I know family and friends are important but they should not be reason for destruction of business.
At least they should pay tge purchasing amount of the product so that he can also earn to live happily.

We share the same opinion. I don't think it's right to constantly ask the family members who has a business to give you free stuff. Sometimes, even if the owner offers it to be free because it's family, I think it's better to refuse it. They work so hard for it and relies on its profit to pay their expenses.

That's not normal, in the course of your business career. You don't need to sell out your goods/products on credit even if is a family member. You should be mean with your business, because too many debt owed will sink your plans moving forward.

We should have to separate family and business both, because it causes many problems and faces ups and downs with family members and relatives so we have to say cleary to the person that if you want to buy anything you would have to pay.

The truth is, the family should be differentiated from the business, if the business is to become successful. Any member of the family that keeps collecting goods/services from the family business and does not contribute financially wants the business to liquidate. Such a person should be critiqued.

That is why I always insist that in business there is no friends or family. It not been ungrateful or been stingy but you are also trying to earn a living too. You can allow them to purchase something or be rendered a service for free but ensure that you do that after the fifth time the particular person has visited and during the sixth time you will return back to your seller settings.

Urdu
English

The business that is there should always be kept separate. Never put business in your family issues. This has a very bad effect on the business which makes it very difficult to succeed in business. There are family issues too but it should always be on one side and the business should be on the other side. This will make the business run smoothly and will be a success.

Family issues and problems in business​

Common Family Business Issues
Hostile takeover of the board of directors to the family business
Family business owners sometimes don't have legitimate successors
Division among the legitimate successors of the family business.
Arranged marriages to fortify the prestige and position of the family business can happen.
[automerge]1609773110[/automerge]

Family issues and problems in business​

Common Family Business Issues
Hostile takeover of the board of directors to the family business
Family business owners sometimes don't have legitimate successors
Division among the legitimate successors of the family business.
Arranged marriages to fortify the prestige and position of the family business can happen.
Urdu
English

The business that is there should always be kept separate. Never put business in your family issues. This has a very bad effect on the business which makes it very difficult to succeed in business. There are family issues too but it should always be on one side and the business should be on the other side. This will make the business run smoothly and will be a success.

Family issues and problems are a great stress on human,s life business.
At least they should pay tge purchasing amount of the product so that he can also earn to live happilyThese situations have great negative impact on business development. I know family and friends are important but they should not be reason for destruction of business. Family members themselves think not to load burden.

I don't think its actually good to do so because we actually don't know the amount of profit the person is even making from the business , so taking the person goods by using the brother and sister slangs could actually make the business fall and the person would really make a very big loss , so its not really good to do so i think , based on my suggestion

Yes it is important that people nowadays learn to keep relationship separate from business decisions, because you know the owner personally doesn't automatically qualify you for a special discount. Same goes for people who give their friends jobs and expect to pay less.

Its importance to distinguish between relationships outside the business sphere,It happens often if there's too much familiarity between the family members and friends even during business hours.

Like it has been rightly said the business is an entity on it's own and separated from the owner... bloodlines and relationships should be kept separate from the business to avoid loss...but in a situation where it is inevitable the owner should make adequate provision for drawings

It is better to go into a business with a trusted friend than going into a business with family, because family business is very difficult to operate. There are some things which you can not change when you are in a family business, your father, mother, brother, uncles, aunty, remain the same even in business environment, you can not influence their decision, sometimes is very difficult to make decisions without conflict or interest clashes.

I don't think this is right for all family members, although this problem persists among illetrates members of the family, if their motives towards the business is to make the business grow, then they wouldn't forcefully take anything without the owner's permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds