Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever bring your kids to work?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you ever bring your kids to work? Or do you usually keep them at home? If I had kids, and I worked at a job that was cool with it, I'd bring my kids around often if I could. But I don't think it's a necessity or anything. I wouldn't make a habit of my kids visiting me at work, as that could be deemed unprofessional. But what about you? Is your work okay with you bringing your kids around once in a while? Or is your job strictly no kids allowed at the work?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have taken my kid to my workplace a couple of times. That was when my spouse was unable to attend kids. However, my kid remained in my workplace only for a few hours. Even though I also do not like people taking kids to the workplace, sometimes you would end up doing it because of some emergencies.

I work from home so my kids are always at work with me unless they are in school, college or work at the time. At the moment we have the summer break and I know most kids are also on summer break so my kids are always around at the moment when I am working.

As they are older now though they understand that I am working and they let me get on.

I have never brought my kids to work. As a man, I don't see it as something that's responsible to do. It's not the job of a man to take his kids to work. If you're married, your wife should do that part especially when the baby is still too young. When the baby is grown, you can put him or her in daycare.

There are nothing wrong bringing your kids to your office if it does not go against the company policies or distract you from your responsibility.
After all my family ought to know where I work...

There are nothing wrong bringing your kids to your office if it does not go against the company policies or distract you from your responsibility.
After all my family ought to know where I work...

Most workplaces don't give free zone for workers to have their kids to around at work because in all honesty, they would be a big distraction to them and other staff members.

If it's my business, I would only allow my staff to have their staff around when it's the break time. They can do whatever they want as long as it's break.

Most workplaces don't give free zone for workers to have their kids to around at work because in all honesty, they would be a big distraction to them and other staff members.

If it's my business, I would only allow my staff to have their staff around when it's the break time. They can do whatever they want as long as it's break.
That is the way it ought to be exactly, visitors should only be allowed during lunch time or certain hours of the day. The visitors should not cause distraction among the staffs of the company...

Do you ever bring your kids to work? Or do you usually keep them at home? If I had kids, and I worked at a job that was cool with it, I'd bring my kids around often if I could. But I don't think it's a necessity or anything. I wouldn't make a habit of my kids visiting me at work, as that could be deemed unprofessional. But what about you? Is your work okay with you bringing your kids around once in a while? Or is your job strictly no kids allowed at the work?

Many workplaces would not allow that. However, I think that a few companies may allow you to bring kids at work during the off time. This is why there are many people who may bring kids at work under certain kind of circumstances.

Many workplaces would not allow that. However, I think that a few companies may allow you to bring kids at work during the off time. This is why there are many people who may bring kids at work under certain kind of circumstances.
If the conditions are relaxed, maybe staffs could bring their family to work especially weekends when they have few hours to put in. Some organization have staff clubs and relaxation centres where your family could have fun...

That is the way it ought to be exactly, visitors should only be allowed during lunch time or certain hours of the day. The visitors should not cause distraction among the staffs of the company...

There are some businesses that doesn't allow any kind of visit by anyone who's not a business customers who's there for business purposes or making inquiries. There's nothing like coming to see a staff even during their break time. A friend of mine worked with a company like that in the past, he told me no visitors for staffs are allowed.

There are some businesses that doesn't allow any kind of visit by anyone who's not a business customers who's there for business purposes or making inquiries. There's nothing like coming to see a staff even during their break time. A friend of mine worked with a company like that in the past, he told me no visitors for staffs are allowed.
That could be true when you work in some corporate organization such as the banking industry. Due to the nature of their job, visitors are rarely permitted to visit. Visitors or family members rarely come to visit during working hours..

I have no children of my own and I once brought my brother's child to my office and it was the worst idea even though I had no choice. He was constantly running, touching everything and trying to work for everything, although in 2 hours he was already tired and fell asleep)

That could be true when you work in some corporate organization such as the banking industry. Due to the nature of their job, visitors are rarely permitted to visit. Visitors or family members rarely come to visit during working hours..

I would personally never bring kids at work because this may not sound professional to me. Moreover, your co-workers may also not think much of you and your boss may even frown at you as well and he may also criticise you for that. This is why I would avoid it.

I would personally never bring kids at work because this may not sound professional to me. Moreover, your co-workers may also not think much of you and your boss may even frown at you as well and he may also criticise you for that. This is why I would avoid it.
Rightly said, it sounds unprofessional bringing kids to work, many companies do not allow it. I just wonder what they could be doing around the workplaces. Personally I would not bring my kids to work or office...

Rightly said, it sounds unprofessional bringing kids to work, many companies do not allow it. I just wonder what they could be doing around the workplaces. Personally I would not bring my kids to work or office...

I think that when you bring your kids to work, then other employees may also never think highly of you. Moreover, they may also bring their own kids after seeing you bringing kids at work. Your boss may not like that either.

Kids are not supposed to be brought to workplaces. There are some situations which might be out of control where a company might allow kids to be brought to work but this doesn't happen often. In all of the companies where I've, it's against the company's policy to bring your kids to work.

I think that when you bring your kids to work, then other employees may also never think highly of you. Moreover, they may also bring their own kids after seeing you bringing kids at work. Your boss may not like that either.
I have come to toe your line that it is really inappropriate and counter productive bringing children to the working environment. I would not even permit my kids to come to my office for anything...

It's something that can become a very serious issues because there wouldn't be any kind of explanation as to why they are there in the business premises. They are definitely going to be a distraction to others working there and it's the reason why management doesn't allow it.

It's something that can become a very serious issues because there wouldn't be any kind of explanation as to why they are there in the business premises. They are definitely going to be a distraction to others working there and it's the reason why management doesn't allow it.
Most organization do not allow that, it is against their ethics for an employee to bring children to the workplace. It caused distraction and low in productivity. This is because the time to put in for work is used to look after kids..

Does your work have a bring your kid to work day? I know some businesses have a day where you can bring your kid to work, kind of to show them what you do for a living and how the work life is. Would you bring your child to work?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds