Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are Your Websites Self Sustaining?

Credits
Are your website self sustaining, or do you pay for your websites through your pocket? Most of my websites are self sustaining. If my website cannot generate enough money for domain renewal, hosting renewal and other costs like content creation, marketing, etc. I will put it into sale or merge with my other websites.

Advertisement Placeholder
I currently pay for my websites out of pocket. I've tried using Adsense for Thee Zone, but never got approved.
Unlike blogs, getting approved for forums can be very tricky. I was running adsense on my lifestyle forum, I changed the domain name and now they are not approving the new domain.

Most of them are.

My hiking blog gets a lot of traffic each day. Thousands of views. I've promoted the content enough where it gets seen all over the place. I could easily quite blog for a while, and it will still stay active.

Blogs are easy for that IMO, as long as you've built them up with plenty of content to consume.

Forums on the other hand are not that simple until you've reached an activity and membership threshold where your daily content isn't as relevant or required for people to post.

Big boards can do it.

My websites are not self-sustaining. However, one idea is to put some ads on the web development one and that might cover all three sites.

Another idea is to put some classifieds section on the web development one also with the same idea.
If you are running multiple websites, and forums in this case, if you managed to earn from one website it can cover expenses of your other websites as well. For instance, currently I have two forums and only of forum earns revenue and the revenue earned by the forum also covers the forum maintenance cost of another forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 9)

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations