Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Education or Learning a skill?

Veetos12

Legendary member
Credits
There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Do you feel school is not necessary anymore?

Advertisement Placeholder
Both are important, you can use both as backup plan if one doesn't work other's will.
There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Both are important, you can use both as backup plan if one doesn't work other's will. Though acquiring a skills this days is more important at least you become your own boss, you don't need to wait for salary or depend for any thing from your boss

Education and learning are one and the same thing. There are some who are from education. We line up and only by linking it is revealed. Both education and beauty are necessary to do the same business.

Both are important, you can use both as backup plan if one doesn't work other's will.

Both are important, you can use both as backup plan if one doesn't work other's will. Though acquiring a skills this days is more important at least you become your own boss, you don't need to wait for salary or depend for any thing from your boss
Thanks for this submission. Both are good like you said but in a situation whereby someone who wishes to go to school but is having issues with admission into college for years, i think apprenticeship is a better option.

I think depends on what to do you want for your future. Do you want to have a profession? Want to be a Doctor or lawyer? You can't skip school if those kind of line of work is what you want. Even business personalities are studying for their success. If you don't get a proper education and your the skill you learned is useful then good for them. But i prefer education

Education and learning a skill are both important because it enables you create ways of income. Not everyone is interested in going to school and not everyone is interested in learning skill,so in whichever one you do,do it well.
[automerge]1612942445[/automerge]
Education and learning a skill are both important because it enables you create ways of income. Not everyone is interested in going to school and not everyone is interested in learning skill,so in whichever one you do,do it well.

Both education and learning of skills is quite good. But I won't stop saying this that a Nigerian graduate is the mist frustrating life ever. After wasting so much time in school, your course of study which ought to last for 5 years ended up taking you 7 years to finish plus one year mandatory NYSC service, you still graduated with no job. My advice is that if you don't have that person to really stand for you, pls and pls go and learn a lucrative skills or a demanding business and you will later go for a part time studies to complement your handiwork or business. School no be by force. Lol

This depend on the individual and what he or she wants, most people prefer education that learning new skills why order prefer to learn a skill than being educated but as for me I prefer learning a skill and also being educated.

Education is more important than skill. ... The academic education helps you in understanding the concepts behind the technology, science, society or whatever field you choose, but skill development is the thing that will help you in creating solutions and products, get a good job in a company, or become an entrepreneur.

With this time and age I know so when will love to go learning skill, because all they will say is that education is a scam, based on the present scarcity of job, and what would be there future when they send that much money on education and comes out without nothing to show for it
But I will love to take you through the journey of education, education is amazing because long the process you get to understand so many things that only those who enroll can enjoy the benefits, such as:
Knowing about science and other things and also how to build yourself with what you are learning even when the country has nothing in future for you.

You get to understand so many things that are done wrongly but people seems to say it is the right ways of doing it.

Both are important without education I think you can't get proply skill.
Although if you are expert in your skill but you not have education may you can't reach on a high rank...so both are good in there places....we can't denied importance any of them

If you are talented, I will suggest that learning a skill is the best move to make. You can get educated while learning this skill which can always work hand in hand when you are focused and know where you are going in life.

In this world today especially in my country things has been changing I have come to discover that without skill you found it very difficult to survive in my country so right now skill is better than education, majority of educated ones are still learning work right now.

What do you think?
Academics is not really paying nowadays especially over here in Nigeria. We have millions of youth that have graduated from colleges and universities without any job. In my own opinion everybody should have at least two skills that can put food on your table.

The 21st century learning skills are often called the 4 C's: critical thinking, creative thinking, communicating, and collaborating. These skills help students learn, and so they are vital to success in school and beyond.

Education and learning skills are good, but I prefer learning skill to education, as education is not paying like before especially in my country, but nevertheless, you still need some level of education. I will advise anyone to combine the two. After school hours, then, one can go and learn skill. And after graduation, let him/her face the skill very squarely. Skill pays this days especially if you are an expert in what you do.

What do you think?
Both are very important and should complement one another. In a normal situation, education should include acquisition of skills. However the importance of both depends on the priority given to either of the two from different society.

Talking on education and learning ba skill, the two complement each other, but getting education should be the priority, then it should be complemented with a skill because education alone might not be enough to sustain you

Training and learning are indeed the very same thing. There are some who are from schooling. We line up and simply by connecting it is uncovered. Both schooling and excellence are important to do a similar business.

Learning a skill or a trade Is part of education. Education doesn’t necessarily have to be the western education, it’s an act of learning. Without digressing much from the basis of this thread, both can be learned and one doesn’t stop the other. You can have both education bandbox make money from it

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds