Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

does time spent in traffic reduce productivity?

When you are stuck in traffic you can do creative things. usually, when I am commuting and get stuck in traffic, I listen to podcasts, watch videos, even read my lessons. I utilize my time well. I don;t have any issues.

Advertisement Placeholder
Employees that reside in the urban areas will have a lot to say about their ordeal on daily basis navigating to their place of work.
Driving long distances can mean employees will arrive feeling tired and will already need a break when they arrive before starting their work. This then will impact their ability to get work done in the morning, arguably the most productive period of the day for most, thus making them less productive for the whole day.

is it a good idea to seek alternative means of transporting employees to work daily?
Both have their roles to play, either a female or male. Some times fake productivity turns out to be ahead of some males. It just depend on the personality of each sex. Their are some lucrative businesses or companies where women are managers, managing the firm perfectly, same happens to a man too.

Definitely time spent in traffic can really reduce productivity drastically because traffic drains human brain due to the stress one will go through for the whole of that period, so no doubts here. Traffic normally reduce productivity

I believe so. Spending long hours in traffic can be weakening and can even cause one to be fatigued. The stress of having to spend 5 or more hours on a journey that shouldn't have been up to an hour can make someone less productive at work or will result in the person not to work at the pace he is used to

6hours ago... Spend management, increases productivity, and reduce p o... In addition, an email approval log is available so that all... Webstore traffic, improve time spent on site and reduce the

Definitely time spent in traffic can really reduce productivity drastically because traffic drains human brain due to the stress one will go through for the whole of that period, so no doubts here. Traffic normally reduce productivity
I really hate traffic, just hanging on the main road, and watching the traffic to reduce, so the vehicles can move along. That puts the brain of a business owner in shatters, and reduced the sales it supposed to make, during the traffic exhausted time.

Thar's why there is a need to work online and work remotely. Research has shown that more than 50 percent jobs can actually be done from home and do not require to go to workplace

As for me I will say yes it is good for the management to seek an alternative means to transport employee to their place of work, this will make the production fast and also make work in the company to move fast

I just hate morning traffic even as a passenger in a vehicle, it can be tiring. I would rather leave home very early, get to work early enough and take a nap before office hours than be stuck in morning traffic.

Employees that reside in the urban areas will have a lot to say about their ordeal on daily basis navigating to their place of work.
Driving long distances can mean employees will arrive feeling tired and will already need a break when they arrive before starting their work. This then will impact their ability to get work done in the morning, arguably the most productive period of the day for most, thus making them less productive for the whole day.

is it a good idea to seek alternative means of transporting employees to work daily?
Of course been in traffic for so long will reduce the power and energy of workers and it's going to affect the production of a company,so the best way to make the workers to work well and produce a good products for the company is to get an apartment where the company workers will be living and wake up early to start their work.

More traffic doesn't really reduce productively, most people need traffic on their site because it improves productivity than reducing it. When your site has more traffic it is defined as been productive.

@Blessingedidiong for the body to get back to a state that assures maximum productivity usually takes time. Knowing fully well that hours spent at work is something that must be agreed on, it becomes difficult to get the best from such staff.
Adjust? No way infact it worsens with time, that's why some staff are disgruntled at the office or their productivity is very low. It's better to stay close to the office to avoid this

I believe so because if you are in Africa especially in Nigeria and you are in Lagos you will understand that you will spend so much time on traffic close to three hours and this can reduce your productivity if it is a constant process
[automerge]1618491676[/automerge]
I believe so because if you are in Africa especially in Nigeria and you are in Lagos you will understand that you will spend so much time on traffic close to three hours and this can reduce your productivity if it is a constant process

Truth be told, it does. Especially if you are a type that lives in a very busy city like I do. You tend to get to work and get tired due to the stress you have passed through initially in the traffic.

The time you spent in traffic can affect your work productivity. For you to deliver effectively at work you need a reasonable amount of energy to function properly at work which might have been exhausted in traffic. Getting stuck in traffic affects you psychologically, emotionally and physically.

Traffic is one of the major problems facing most employees living or working in an urban area. It always contribute negatively to the output rate of a worker because time is always wasted in hold up.

Well, I think most people affected by this are already used to it, they know how to go about it without affecting their productivity.
And it is a good idea to seek other alternatives, like going very early in the morning before the road gets busy.
Whhich ever way you want to look at it,it will still have an effec,because if you are an employee and you have to move out early,meaning you have to wake up early and hit the road early,this might affect your rest,and we are back to the same circle.

Well concerning your question on if traffic affects productivity, I have to be honest and say that yes, traffic does affect productivity especially when you consider the time lost and also the stress of just sitting at a spot for hours

I will absolutely agree that traffic time reduces productively, it kills time of work and also, it is tiring imagine seating on one spot for hours you become weak and very tired and end up not doing much at work.

Imagine being in the traffic for upwards of 5 hours. When you get to the office at say 11am, what quality of output do you honk you will be putting at such time to the rest of the work day?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds