Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

does time spent in traffic reduce productivity?

I remember a time like that when my mentor was complaining about the traffic and hold up in the city and how he collected a driver and would just be viewing status and he would get so engrossed he would forget time and might miss an appointment. Getting productive in traffic can be difficult.

Advertisement Placeholder
Whereas traffic congestion disrupts business activities and reduces productivity level, research has shown that it may also be a symbol of growth in an economy. As the economy grows and real income of household increases, vehicle population surges up, contributing to traffic congestion, particularly within cities.

Each passing time wasted can not be recovered and at such every minutes spent in traffic reduces one productivity. Most especially the kind of traffic you have in some cities of the world, but is there any way one can avoid traffic?

I think time spent on traffic has a significant effect on the body system, most importantly its makes the body to be weak or fatigued in turn affecting productivity. If you are tired you can't be productive because you are using energy to be productive.

Well, I think most people affected by this are already used to it, they know how to go about it without affecting their productivity.
And it is a good idea to seek other alternatives, like going very early in the morning before the road gets busy.

Employees that reside in the urban areas will have a lot to say about their ordeal on daily basis navigating to their place of work.
Driving long distances can mean employees will arrive feeling tired and will already need a break when they arrive before starting their work. This then will impact their ability to get work done in the morning, arguably the most productive period of the day for most, thus making them less productive for the whole day.

is it a good idea to seek alternative means of transporting employees to work daily?
If one is well to do, providing a mean transport to and fro will be a nice idea. It will make them report to duty on time being refreshed and full of energy to face the day but if the reverse is the case before they will get to work, they are already worn out and has little or no energy left to carry on the day activities.

In every business, time factors matters alot,time I'd one of the major keys in production,so when it comes to traffic , traffic is another barrier to company production ,it cause a lot of delay to the production,so a business owner can only discipline himself about punctuality.

Yes. Time spent in traffic could reduce productivity,In the sense that, the person might be a skill worker, which can not be left outside as far as the production of the company is concerned. So, such a person may stuck inside the traffic and he might be very important to this before it the start of any production

It is true, perhaps at the beginning of the week they will be more active despite the traffic, but as the days go by with fatigue, productivity in the business can drop. In many cases, large companies pay for transportation to find employees and take them to the company, in this way they should not travel long roads driving

Yes it is , time spent in traffic can reduce productivity on a business
A word says time is money,spent it wisely
Assuming you already have a target on what you produce a day or how much you made in a particular minutes or in an hour ,but you spent half of this time in a traffic, it will really affect productivity

Though gridlock upsets business exercises and lessens efficiency level, research has shown that it might likewise be an image of development in an economy. As the economy develops and genuine pay of family builds, vehicle populace floods up, adding to gridlock, especially inside urban areas.

Traffic definitely impacts the productivity of an individual. When a person travel for work, they have to allot more time for an allowance, knowing that there will be a massive traffic ahead. It doesn't only reflect to the employee but to the company as well.

Any employee working in urban areas and live far from his/her work place already know that traffic is something that needs to be factored into his/her schedule. That means the worker need to always start the journey to work early to beat traffic and arrive at the work place on time, thereby ensuring that his/her productivity is not affected.

Long hours spent in traffic has a way of reducing the manpower productivity on the job,The stress and time spent on transit will not make the mind to function uptimally,reason some firms secure accomodation for staff close the work area.

Employees that reside in the urban areas will have a lot to say about their ordeal on daily basis navigating to their place of work.
Driving long distances can mean employees will arrive feeling tired and will already need a break when they arrive before starting their work. This then will impact their ability to get work done in the morning, arguably the most productive period of the day for most, thus making them less productive for the whole day.

is it a good idea to seek alternative means of transporting employees to work daily?
Maybe, but it depends on the nature of work the person does. I have served as a medical personnel, and you have no choice than to do the work in the morning even of you are tired.

I think it's mainly people who have less demanding jobs that this tiredness will affect.

Maybe, but it depends on the nature of work the person does. I have served as a medical personnel, and you have no choice than to do the work in the morning even of you are tired.

I think it's mainly people who have less demanding jobs that this tiredness will affect.
@GoldenLady Really! I don't think so. Looking at your level of productivity after being stressed due to hours spent in traffic cannot be compared to when you don't go through the stress of scaling daily traffic experienced.

Its also reduce stress on employees when you provide alternative means of transporting your employees to work daily! They plan me effectively because they know if they miss it they will have to pay, so they plan better...

Time spent on traffic really affects productivity and this is why so many firms try their best to ensure that all their employees live in places close to the work place. This is to avoid a situation like that. Productivity is really affected when workers come late due to traffic

When it comes to business, time is always important, in fact in all we do, we should keep to time. Never flout the time schedule with some nasty excuses. It can cost us our business, especially when we schedule to meet a client holding an agreement for merger business negotiations and we arrive so late, that can make such client to grow frustrated and cut off our negotiations together. Just because we didn't keep to time, we need to psy close attention keeping accurate time.

I read out your article about productivity and time spend , so i came to a point Yes i definitely does. Yes when you give or spend more time your interest goes for traffic then definitely your things will deviate so that you will have productivity will be low or reduce your productivity.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds