Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

does time spent in traffic reduce productivity?

maventiger

Mythical member
Credits
Employees that reside in the urban areas will have a lot to say about their ordeal on daily basis navigating to their place of work.
Driving long distances can mean employees will arrive feeling tired and will already need a break when they arrive before starting their work. This then will impact their ability to get work done in the morning, arguably the most productive period of the day for most, thus making them less productive for the whole day.

is it a good idea to seek alternative means of transporting employees to work daily?

Advertisement Placeholder
Employees that reside in the urban areas will have a lot to say about their ordeal on daily basis navigating to their place of work.
Driving long distances can mean employees will arrive feeling tired and will already need a break when they arrive before starting their work. This then will impact their ability to get work done in the morning, arguably the most productive period of the day for most, thus making them less productive for the whole day.

is it a good idea to seek alternative means of transporting employees to work daily?
Yes time spent in traffic reduces productivity, you'll get to the office feeling tired and most likely in a bad mood, some employer's provide accommodation for their staff while some mandate their staff to reside around areas close to the office to avoid this

Time spent in traffic can affect productivity owing to the time lost in traffic . In mega city like Lagos, people using up to find to ten hours in traffic disturbing or hindering them to carry out certain obligations or the other. Some sleep, while some goods becomes perishable.

Well, I think most people affected by this are already used to it, they know how to go about it without affecting their productivity.
And it is a good idea to seek other alternatives, like going very early in the morning before the road gets busy.

That's the disadvantage of having business in highly congested area. It will surely reduce productivity. But to solve this, early punctuality should be encouraged by the business owners and his workers just to ensure that the business opens early.

Yes for real the time spent in traffic reduces the time that one will spend in being productive. There are some places in Nigeria where by the traffic is so hectic that you can spend up to like 3 hours in traffic and this kind of time is enough for you to produce so many things but you will now be constrained to spending it in traffic thereby reducing your productivity drastically.

Time spent on traffic really affects productivity and this is why so many firms try their best to ensure that all their employees live in places close to the work place. This is to avoid a situation like that. Productivity is really affected when workers come late due to traffic

That is almost an hour of your working day gone without any productive outcome and is still mentally associated with working. The more time you associate with working beyond your set hours, the worse the effect on your satisfaction will be.
Spending a long time on the road can cause resentment for your job, especially if you are working long hours and your lengthy commute exacerbates that.

Time spend in traffic reduce productivity in a senses that when product been requiested for dose not deliever on time and it continue like that everyday, their will be reduction in shuch product been late to deliver. People will lost intreast in such product and their will be bad comment on such product.

The Journal of Transport, Economics and Policy (JTEP) was first published 40 years ago and has established itself as an essential source of information and discussions about transport economics and its interface with transport policy. Was established as Today, it is the only, accessible resource of international disciplines for this particular field of transport research, which also reflects the diverse nature of the current field. JTEP meets the challenge of innovation and change, regularly publishes the latest policy developments and their implications around the world

I believe it does, in fact, a great deal, people living in metropolitan cities who spend at least an hour or more in traffic every day are likely to be less productive and also agitated. There are different studies online about this. I'm easily frustrated as I am, I can't imagine spending hours stuck in traffic.

There is no way to put it, there are so many things that can hinder progress in an office setup and also it causes delay in workers getting to work on time which could lead to query by superior personnels

Yes oh..Let's take for instance I'm a tailor and I make 5 clothes daily..If I happen to go to the market to buy some stuffs and materials and I was stocked in traffic,it will reduce my productivity..If I'm to sew five,I will have to sew three or two because of the time wasted in traffic..It can even cause body weakness..

Time spent in traffic when going to work in the morning will truly reduce productivity because of the stress of passing through the traffic. But it also depends on the type of business that you are doing. Those that sit in the office and work without not stretching will not feel it much than those that does work helter skelter.

An urban area where employees travel less time to get to work is likely to be more productive than one where travel times are longer, all things being equal. Productivity is a principal aim of economic policy. Productivity means greater economic growth, greater job creation and less poverty.

Time spent in traffic reduces the productivity of employees since they will get to work feeling tired and stressed out. But once the employees are used to the traffic stress,their body adjusts and their work productivity stops been affected.

Being in traffic is what we term time wasters, it makes productivity low, makes stress multiply, makes life tiring, makes goals unacceptable or unachievable, it makes appointment to be cancelled many time's.

Time spent in traffic reduces the productivity of employees since they will get to work feeling tired and stressed out. But once the employees are used to the traffic stress,their body adjusts and their work productivity stops been affected.
@Blessingedidiong for the body to get back to a state that assures maximum productivity usually takes time. Knowing fully well that hours spent at work is something that must be agreed on, it becomes difficult to get the best from such staff.

Yes definitely anytime Spend on traffic will bring a slow down to the activity of the business and that will not go down well with the company.
As a business man these are some of the challenges you bound to face from time to time

Yes it can but it the depends on you to find the balance within that line. If you live in a city where traffic gridlock is the order of the day like my dear Lagos, you could plan activities for that time so you don't stall on a lot of things that you could probably get moving. Then you can improve your productivity with traffic time and not necessarily reduce it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds