Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do your government charge self employed individuals operating on small scale business tax??

Paying of tax is very important for country in which to the economy good, Because it is taxes that government use to do a necessary needed and useful things for citizens. In my country big business and small business are changed to pay tax by government, it's just depends on how the size business be .
As long as the taxes are understandable and being used by the government to make the lives of the citizens of the country better, I don't have any problems with it. But over the years, we have been paying lots of taxes, the government has never done any meaningful thing for the people.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes hear in Nigeria government always take from the masses in the name of tax which every business or individual generating income to the government for there selfish goal

In my opinion small businesses are supposed to also be taxed no matter the country except 4 countries that do not offer basic amenities like electricity good road network security and insurance policies but on a regular small businesses should be tax because the form an integral part of any country's economy

Yes, my county government charge small business owner tax, each and every businesses are to pay tax to the state government and Federal government.

Even the sweet sellers and sachet water hawkers pay tax to the government one always or the oder, with the introduction of VAT each and every citizen now pays tax

Yes they do that over here in my country, they normally collects this tax every once in a year for those that are into small scale business, no matter how small your business is they would keep on bugging and disturbing you until you eventually pays. It's really so pathetic.

As long as the taxes are understandable and being used by the government to make the lives of the citizens of the country better, I don't have any problems with it. But over the years, we have been paying lots of taxes, the government has never done any meaningful thing for the people.
That is part of our challenges that we are facing in my country (Nigeria), government usually embezzle our money and privatize the properties that belong to public. They do not have consideration for citizens which is totally bad, and any one that refused to pay tax will face penalty.

Yes hear in Nigeria government always take from the masses in the name of tax which every business or individual generating income to the government for there selfish goal
You're absolutely right about this, it is surely their selfish goal and I frown at this whenever I sees them bugging and disturbing small scale business owners, no matter how small their business is they would keep on disturbing them until they eventually pays. I'm really not happy about this forceful extortion.
[automerge]1611903391[/automerge]
You're absolutely right about this, the people keeps on paying endless tax and yet not seeing what the government are using the money for, they are using it for their own personal use, they are just plain wicked.

I think different countries have their own laws regarding taxes. In Nigeria, the government's aim in collecting taxes isn't for the right purpose to help citizens grow and provide basic amenities and infrastructures for the citizens. Their aim is to have their own individual gain and have money made off people. Small scale business owners who do not know their right or what's going on are forced into paying taxes and not even at the right rate, but others who have small businesses and are strict don't get to pay anything because uf they pay according to what government wants, their businesses won't survive 6 months.

Every country have their way of charging taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated services. My country charges businesses that operates on a high level, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau.

How do you own government act when it comes to taking taxes from mini/large businesses??
Every country have its own system to implement the % of tex on the private companies. In my country, there are very low percentage of tex for thr small scale business or home based industries. But for the multinational companies there is heavy tax for them.

For small businesses that are just starting up, their aim for the next few years is usually on how to make profit and get a wider coverage in the industry. Not at any time do they willingly embrace the obligation of paying tax instead they avoid it at every means because to them it is a financial burden. According to a conducted research, over 70% of small businesses in Nigeria are not paying their regular taxes to the government.

In any case, I know one thing without a doubt, regardless of whether straightforwardly or by implication, we as a whole cover charge. Government should permit independent companies develop to an enormous degree prior to continuing to charge them for charge.

Assessment are gotten from benefit of a business and as such organizations ought to be permitted to make sensible benefit prior to covering charge

Every country have its own system to implement the % of tex on the private companies. In my country, there are very low percentage of tex for thr small scale business or home based industries. But for the multinational companies there is heavy tax for them.
Same goes to my country, for small scale businesses little to no tax are taken from them. Sometimes too they don't take from small scale business depending on the kind of business enterprise one operates. But when it comes to multi purpose group of companies the charge is higher.

In my own country, provided your business is registered and up and running, you are to pay tax. There are some bids for projects that you cannot enter into if you don't have your business tax papers up to date.

Yes, government charges most for tax, here in my country when you want to start a business you get to register with the appropriate ministry in charge so as for you not get you business lock up or close down, but I could sense that most of this local business owner are not paying there taxes and most of them will as well be expecting the government to provide basic or social amenities to the community with them contributing to the development of the community so sad.
Those where all these a put in place they enjoy the tax fund.

In my community small business who is operating in the city do pay a certain amount of either monthly or yearly Levy for whatever reason I do not know,I think thisbmoney they have been collecting from this people are the one that is called tax and maybe that is the one you might be talking about.
[automerge]1611917413[/automerge]
In my community small business who is operating in the city do pay a certain amount of either monthly or yearly Levy for whatever reason I do not know,I think thisbmoney they have been collecting from this people are the one that is called tax and maybe that is the one you might be talking about.

Every country have their way of charging taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated services. My country charges businesses that operates on a high level, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau.

How do you own government act when it comes to taking taxes from mini/large businesses??
in my country the system of tax used is progressive which means the higher your income level, the higher the tax you pay. for small scale business, most of the tax is paid indirectly, same thing applies to individual citizen here. But for keduim scale business, the tax is paid directly and collected hey the state internal revenue department. soi can say small scale business don't pay tax directly to government here

In my own country, the government do not collect taxes for the purpose of building or developing the community in which they are but for personal reasons, gains, and corruption. They pretend to leave the small businesses telling them they only collect tax from register businesses but will also force them to get registered or be sanctioned fines they know that these people cannot pay. For those who are registered and not paying, they pretend not noticing but they will wait until a longer time to both get the tax and payment for penalty.

Definitely, the government in my country nigeria are charging and taxing small business owners even though the economy is not even favourable to any body still yet they still try as much as possible to milk out every penny in form of tax from small business owner.

You might be surprised to learn that most small businesses don't pay the corporate rate for income tax. Owners include income from their small business in their personal taxes, so their income tax rates are calculated based on the business owner's total earnings

Thanks for bringing up this topic, in my state, they charge everyone no matter how small your business seems to be. I keep on lamenting on that because, those small businesses really need support and not collecting the little the struggle to earn.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds