Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do your government charge self employed individuals operating on small scale business tax??

Nope, they have this standard minimum "income" before they start demanding that you pay tax. Small business and self employed people are not being "directly" asked to pay taxes since everything you buy has some tax on it. Bills also have tax on it. So you still basically do pay

Advertisement Placeholder
Every citizen of a country pay tax. A tax is paid based on individuals, a companies or a group of companies income. If your the income from your small scale business is taxable, then you have to pay your tax to the government.

Oh, now i understand what you mean, small or large companies should duly register their business in the hands of their government. And not evading the terms started in the taxation rules and regulation. If they do, they should be fine and pay for that.
Exactly @Sincerem, now you get me. Your words are also important, tax taxes help improve the country's economy. attached to other income. Although with the corruption that exists in different countries, the least they do is improve it. But as citizens we must comply, for the good of our countries.

Exactly @Sincerem, now you get me. Your words are also important, tax taxes help improve the country's economy. attached to other income. Although with the corruption that exists in different countries, the least they do is improve it. But as citizens we must comply, for the good of our countries.
You are correct, tax payment shouldn't be overlooked by individuals, private companies, and other businesses etc. We ought to pay tax, cos those tax help to grow the economy if well utilized. But some corrupt country's government won't utilize it the best way, they will rather use it for their own pocket. But its just our duty to be paying it and not skipping out without paying.

My country's government does not charge tax on Small Businesses but instead the charges was on big and established businesses which are Incorporated. This does not stop other tiers of government from taxing the small businesses, state government put a tax on the small businesses even local government do also taxes these small businesses.

My country's government does not charge tax on Small Businesses but instead the charges was on big and established businesses which are Incorporated. This does not stop other tiers of government from taxing the small businesses, state government put a tax on the small businesses even local government do also taxes these small businesses.
That's is very correct, our government indirect charges taxes to the small scale business. Even if the federal government doesn't do it, the state or local government van just do that. They set out revenue panel to collect task sometimes illegally.

If you have a small business and you happen to have a shop, then you will have to pay some little amount, it is collected by the local government authorities, though there are some area that are able to evade this payment.

Yes, in my country the government do charge taxes on registered small scale businesses. But the tax isn't fixed and it's just a percentage of your profit you have made for the month or year with your business. But if your business isn't registered, you don't pay taxes.

If you have a small business and you happen to have a shop, then you will have to pay some little amount, it is collected by the local government authorities, though there are some area that are able to evade this payment.
It happens too, I have seen a scenario like that in my area. But it depends on the kind of store you are dealing on. If your are selling on a government owned market place you'll be charged tax for using such area for marketing your goods/products.

I do not think so. Different countries have different tax policies. In my country, small business owners pay tax. Although they once proposed tax holiday but indirect taxes were still effected

In my country I do not think a lot of businesses pay their tax because most of those small scale businesses and not registered but I believe that the government charges tax on every Enterprise that is registered. This is done probably to protect the interests of this business owners.

In my home country, an individual is exempted from paying income tax as long as he earns less than x amount. However, if he has a business, no matter the size, he has to pay taxes. Businesses cannot operate without paying taxes. This is the number one rule of doing business in our home country. Likewise, the government also does not allow to operate a business without registering with the local authority.

To me I believe in my own government system, there is no difference between tax and levy because all they speak of mostly to most businesses is the tax. If it is levy, u believe there should be a kind of difference between what large establishments are paying compared to the lesser, just beginning types.

In my country the government charges business owners tax and this has been in existence for a very long time now, even contract workers are being charged taxes by the government, it's just that the tax system in my country is a failure because the government is using this opportunity to extort the masses and the problem is everything keeps increases but salaries stays the same, the demand of living is so high that people are finding it difficult to cope and instead things should be done they are more concerned about taxing their citizen up to contract worker with the small salary amount you are receiving.

My country is quite a choker when it comes to what the government is doing to small businesses. There are so many policies that are designed to work against them. So many taxes demanded from them in order to allow them operate and they are all ridiculous in nature. There was a time they were asked to pay 2 million for a license to operate their dispatch riders.

Paying of tax is very important for country in which to the economy good, Because it is taxes that government use to do a necessary needed and useful things for citizens. In my country big business and small business are changed to pay tax by government, it's just depends on how the size business be .

Exactly this is how it is done according to the existing law of the land.
Your business or company is not known until such business or company has been registered.
If you don't register your business you can not operate and nobody will know about your operation or existence. The first thing as a business owner that you must do is to register your business name without that you will operate in small scale where nobody can worry you about tax.

Yeah they do so in Nigeria even when there is no enabling environment for this small businesses to thrive and flourish multiple levies and taxes are being imposed on them to the point that many had to fold up.

Yes. In a show of voracious appetite to increase revenue, government of my country spared no sector from tax payment. Even if possible, our government here may ask you to pay taxes for crying. The is really bitting hard on SMEs.

Small scale business owners pay tax in my country, Nigeria.
There are set rules for payment of tax here. Once you are able to own a business,either small or big you will pay individual tax as far as you are making income on your business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds