Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do your government charge self employed individuals operating on small scale business tax??

Here in Nigeria, the government levied taxes on self employed individual which is called Personal Income Tax. This personal income tax is 7.5% is charged on direct assessment of an individuals. It is remitted to federal inland Revenue Services.

Advertisement Placeholder
That is exactly how it is done in my country. Small business owners do not pay tax to the government. Excepting small business owners from taxes is my government's method of encouraging entrepreneurship and business growth.

I don't think that small scale business pay tax, government only collect tax from companies all this private companies, government don't take tax from any small scale business, depending on the type of business you do.

Do your government charges self employed individuals operating on small scale business, tax??​

Every individual pays tax in my county directly or in directly , and as for the self employed individuals I don't know tax are been paid to the government directly but if yes it as not been used I the proper way because I have not see any improvement or provisions made for them as convince

In my country small businesses do not pay tax to the government but large scale businesses mostly companies pay tax and the government generate revenues for providing social amenities from this tax

That's how it supposed to be. Small scale business/companies don't supposed to pay tax unless they are registered enterprise. Then it can be said otherwise that they will be paying levy to the government into protect their right and welfare.
The major reason I think people do run away from tax is that government doesn't account for the usage of this tax. They just collect it without judicious uses of it. In a same clime, there is nothing stopping even small business owners from paying tax.

Here in my country its very rare, except if the trader is very popular. Most traders in my town don't even pay tax for several years till they caught unawares.

The major reason I think people do run away from tax is that government doesn't account for the usage of this tax. They just collect it without judicious uses of it. In a same clime, there is nothing stopping even small business owners from paying tax.
Hmm, that's true, people run away from tax in my own country based on the lack of adequate use of the tax. Sometimes small businesses do pay tax but not all pay taxes. Those ones that register or use government mapped out places to market his or her business are tasked to pay tax.

Small businesses don't pay direct tax in my country for the government but they charge them for so many unreasonable things like tenement rate, advertising sign post, business name at the front of your shops, refuse clearing charges, they charge businesses that use generators to power their shop for emission. That's the reasons why some small business owners find it difficult to survive.

In my village there are small shops of goods and dressing etc. Some of them have business too, but i never heard before that they pay taxes. So it means there is no tax on small business. But here , tax is only on annual income i think or may be not. But at popular places or at in colonies or town there is extra bill or tax per unit. As they have to pay almost 10 times more than at village or housing colonies.

Yes our government charges small scales business based on tax, just imagine our government asked prostitutes to pay tax so imagine why small scales business won't pay tax, they will even be charged than what they even going to charge is going to be more than what they even selling

You might be surprised to learn that most small business don't pay the corporate rate for income tax. Owner include income from their small business in their personal taxes so their income tax rates are calculated based on the business total earnings.

If I'm not mistaken I think that I might go see the tax rate may be dependent on your level of income in the business and how much profit you are generating. Therefore it will vary depending on larger businesses and smaller businesses however unlike your country or businesses will be required to pay taxes. This is independent of your size of the business. In fact I think it is a legal requirement that you know sign up and that you register for taxes on your business.
Okay, you should go check how much your government charges on average for tax. Cos you can't read what they charge each and every business initiative. The charges for tax varies depending on the kind of business you run. If its a large scale business, company you will pay higher than others that operate on some how smaller to what you initiate.

Something similar happens in my country. If the small companies are registered in the corresponding entities. But even so, if it does not reach an annual profit amount, they will not have to cancel said tax. This is canceled by registered companies that exceed the minimum amount stipulated by the government.

Something similar happens in my country. If the small companies are registered in the corresponding entities. But even so, if it does not reach an annual profit amount, they will not have to cancel said tax. This is canceled by registered companies that exceed the minimum amount stipulated by the government.
Oh, are you trying to tell me that, those who didn't register their business with the government cooperate affair that oversee for tax, need to pay tax even if they didn't reach minimum amount stipulated by the government??

Oh, are you trying to tell me that, those who didn't register their business with the government cooperate affair that oversee for tax, need to pay tax even if they didn't reach minimum amount stipulated by the government??
No way. Small or large companies should cancel taxes only if they exceed the minimum annual amount "in profit" stipulated by the government. Of course, these companies must be legally registered with the competent entities. If they are not registered, with the intention of evading tax payments, they can lose everything.

No way. Small or large companies should cancel taxes only if they exceed the minimum annual amount "in profit" stipulated by the government. Of course, these companies must be legally registered with the competent entities. If they are not registered, with the intention of evading tax payments, they can lose everything.
Oh, now i understand what you mean, small or large companies should duly register their business in the hands of their government. And not evading the terms started in the taxation rules and regulation. If they do, they should be fine and pay for that.

Every country have their way of charging taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated services. My country charges businesses that operates on a high level, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau.

How do you own government act when it comes to taking taxes from mini/large businesses??
In my country small level businesses have no tax even you are producing small things in your home you did not pay any tax but if you are interested in your company then you have to pay tax for it.

Every country have their way of charging taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated services. My country charges businesses that operates on a high level, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau.

How do you own government act when it comes to taking taxes from mini/large businesses??
I agree with what you said, the way the government operates in your country is similar to our government. No matter what type of employee you are, whether in the company or self-employed, they need to be taxed, especially since their self-employment has gone through the legal process.

Same here, only the formal businesses pay tax because they need a business permit and that permit is connected to the revenue collection. But for the informal business like the market vendors, there is no tax payment unless they register their business. From what I know the vendors in the market pay only the daily rent to their space but no tax to speak of. You are right that small business can help the government if they pay taxes no matter how little.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds